Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A word on cheating.

A word on cheating.

Here's how it goes.

High-profile kingdom gets deleted.
    The kingdom whines and whimpers long and hard about how they're 100% legit, and have done nothing wrong, while bragging to others that they're going to scrip/trade/shell back together the next age.
    EVERYONE else in the 'top' nods repeatedly, and all agree that it's wrong to delete people for trading and multing, because 'they've both been done since the dawn of time, and everyone does it!'
    Someone points at the fact that trading is illegal. Many people point at how trading is really, really okay, because 'everyone does it.'
    The kingdom that got deleted gets reinstated.

Hark, I aim at thee a question.
    If everyone ignores the red light, does that somehow make ignoring the red light okay?

Sooner or later, and this is fact, someone gets in trouble for doing this, and is made an example of.
    It's a petty offense, yes, and you may argue - rightfully so - that breaking the rules in a free, web-based, online, browser-based game, made in 1998, is also a petty offense, but regardless of how petty an offense it is, it's still an offense.

Some rules and regulations are very draconian, or outright stupid and unenforceable, like the swedish one that says 'thou shalt not ever fileshare, for filesharing, including downloading of stuff to your temporary internet files, is a crime, and draws sweet jew golds away from the starving artists,' and it's okay to ignore things not founded in reality, but this doesn't make YOU the law.

That's what's gotten people so riled up all of a sudden.
    Our hardcore culture of cheating is used to being the ones who makes the rules.
    It used to be that only people who did really, really stupid and obvious rules-breaking got deleted, but now it's a kingdom that - obviously - cheated a lot, but did so in sworn secrecy.

This makes them feel exposed, and not at all happy.
    Of course, we've got members from that kingdom crying and moaning, saying they're going to 'trade together the old way' because 'everyone's done it, so no one can report us for it without feeling really bad about themselves!'

Really, you need to look at yourself in all this.
    You've been breaking the rules for so you long, I'm starting to think you have no idea how to play legit.

Are you really this stupid?
    You got your way through under Roisin. Everyone who had cheated in the past was granted forgiveness for past sins, and everyone who cheated while she was in charge got sneakily reinstated, or just slapped on the wrists by 12-hour bans.
    You pushed for legal cheating, and of course that's not enough for you - I told you as much when you went on your stupid crusade for it.

So you ruined the game for me by pushing for stuff I didn't want, didn't need, and didn't feel was necessary for the game, that's now required usage by all the lesser kingdoms who want to compete, while you almost completely ignore it, and use 'the old, trusted ways,' because account hoarding, shells, and proxies are 'so much easier and quicker?'

Seriously, get out of here.
    I'm glad they're finally cleaning up the mess that is Utopia, and I hope they get many more of you deleted.

Sure, the game's going to die, but at least it will die clean.
    That's a great improvement over dying with your legacy and culture of cheating.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

TLDR version:

All top kingdoms cheat, and should be deleted from the game. Also any kingdom that has cheated in the past should be deleted now as well.

Oh and anyone who passes 6million networth should be investigated because thats not possible for a legit kingdom.

-----

Thanks VT2, great.
    Utopia Politics and General Talk.
    Sinners is recruiting active, racist and/or sexy members! #sinners

You never understood what community is VT2.
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Yes, I do.
    I've been here since before you entered..

You've got nothing whatsoever on me, because all you amount to are lies, cheating, and corruption.

I'm thinking 'understand community' actually means 'traded illegally very, very hard through the ages, and made sure you only ever have a full kingdom, 25 actual players or not be damned.'

You really can't win this one.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.

Post Fiend
    your a very bored individual, arent you VT2 :o)

Not really.
    I simply feel empowered and gloaty when bad choices come back to bite cheaters in the ass.

It's so very lovely to see - especially when they can't even defend themselves from my words.

VT2 you can't win this one if you were arguing with an illiterate roro like stoffi.

You ignorant, retarded comments about top kingdoms gives you an automatic loss. Youre unwilling to look at anything objectively or accept what people with more knowledge then yourself are telling you.

Why do I need to win a fight that I have no part in?
    You lost it when you got deleted, and further cemented your position when you admitted to having cheated.

And yes, steel, all 'top' kingdoms cheat.
    That's how they manage to stay 'top.'

Yes VT2, obviously they can't be better then you! Don't worry, one day you'll pass 6 milion networth!

Yes I admitted we had traded provinces legally in the past. Boohoo. And you're right, you have no part in this fight. It isn't a fight. It's me laughing at your retardation, spread over several threads.

Yes :(
    Because steel is so awesome, he wins everything by pretending he's winning, when it's clear he has no ground to stand on.

How about you try to put up a decent offense to the points raised in the opening post instead of attempting to beat me at spamming?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel View Post
    VT2 you can't win this one if you were arguing with an illiterate roro like stoffi.

You ignorant, retarded comments about top kingdoms gives you an automatic loss.
    =] Irony is awesome.

You think too much about ingame stuff. Right now, not many people care about ingame stuff. Ofc everything goes around game itself, it's not that important anymore..
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

So you're not whining and moaning all over the forum, because you got deleted in-game?
    Oh, okay - I understand.

I do think its funny that legal trading was pushed so hard, yet kingdoms still refuse to actually build it up and use the trades over a few ages, and still illegally trade players.

Pretty lame imo.
    - = Paintrain = -

Here's what's funny.

A kingdom of assholes got wiped.

Oh, the poetry that that makes.

Thread Information