Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Avian/Tactician Strategy

My Avian/Tactician Strategy

I am planning on running avian tactician this age, last round i did pretty good help my kingdom out by aiding lots of money and other resources but this time i have more time to play so im going for fast attacking instead of just banking and aiding my kingdom mates.

LOL who would play Merchant now, its so bad compared to last round when I combined it with my cash flow Human, and gnome sucks too this time. I was thinkin about playing avian/tactician, i think they are the best attacking combination, i mean, tactician sounds really cool too. I'm looking forward to this.

What I want from you guys is to redefine my strategy that I'm listing below, tweak it a bit, I dont want a complete overhaul but just minor tweaks and tell me what u think about this. Please last time posted you guys REALLY gave AWFUL advice, and ask my kd mates I accomplished my goals for last round not being able to play as much but still be a key player in my kingdom. We finished the round 4/6 war wins and top 100. See, if you guys would stop being so narrow minded maybe you to will be able to accomplish things without having enough time to play the game.

Here is my strategy for next round, starting with OOP strategy and late into the game strategy: Btw, keep in mind we are trying to get in 7-8 wars this round, and win all of them this time around.

OOP:

Tactician will be going to make elites while attacking, so not going to explore at all, going hardcore attacking straight off the bat.

25%banks
    6%farms
    20% barrax
    10% guilds
    10% towers
    13% stables
    2% dungeons
    14% TGs
    5% forts
    5% hospitals

Straight off the bat hardcore attacker attacking every 7 or so hours.

Late into round:

Not much is going to change because im still going to be attacking and attacking some more all round long, but basically I think I can drop stables now in exchange for full TGs because of strong elites.

12%banks
    6%farms
    20% barrax
    10% guilds
    10% towers
    2% dungeons
    30% TGS
    5% forts
    5% hospitals

Keep in mind I put a good amount of time into these two builds so I'm pretty sure they are mostly okay. I just need some minor tweaks that will give me an big edge over other opponents. What do you guys think?

Also, tpa and wpa considerations to protect myself from t/ms or a/ts??

uh

Avians cant use stables?

Overlooked that, sorry, thanks for catching it bigred36. Guess just rid stables for higher tgs.

Enthusiast
    Straight off the bat, 6% farms is not going to be enough. I'm not convinced 5% forts/hospitals is really worth your effort, maybe focusing on one or the other would be more worthwhile. If you're a "hardcore attacker" (previously known as an attacker), then 10% towers will also be too much. Another tip I would give you is that the 13% stables is faaaaaar too many, I would lower that to 0% as you can't even use the damn things.

More hosps. Less TGs (late on). Less Towers. That'll be a start I think.

A start? I was asking for TWEAKS not to have you make a completely different strategy dood. And we can't use stables bigred just said so. I think its VERY much possible run 6% farms at get go, the hospitals and forts are needed they give tremendous boost to DME and more conversions. I want heavy numbers late round thats why I went for TGs, if you're going to say something like that atleast give evidence as to WHY its better??

Enthusiast
    You wanted suggestions and I gave some! 6% farms OOP is not enough, late game yes, early no. Towers: Avians don't have the spellbook that would require 10% of them. I didn't say that hospitals/forts are a bad idea, just that having only 5% of each is not as good as having 10% of one and giving up on the other. If you lowered the towers maybe you could get a bonus worth having.

TGs @ 30% is overkill. The diminishing effects are bad once you're over 20% so I would run less, running 20% TGs and 10% homes would give you more offence surely.

There we go. If you disagree give evidence as to why your idea is better. Else stop asking for suggestions that you're not going to listen to :/

Ok your tweaks made a little more sense this time atleast, better than your last post. See when you give explanations it helps does it not?

But i still think u can manage with 6% farms, i did it lat round in protection and no starving. I need towers for intel purposes so I need them. I dont think TGs 30% is overkill even with diminishign returns, its one of best buildings in game and combined with my HEAVY HEAVY opa i think it's needed.

Thanks for ur opinion though.

Enthusiast
    6% farms is fine if u plan to possibly starve before OOP and want to spend the majority of your time and thieves looking for food, instead of increasing farms and spending thieves on gc instead.

In addition i think you start off with 10% farms, so you'd waste gc at the beginning just to raze them. why? If you really wanted to go 6% farms just let the % decrease with new incoming land after u attack.

Im a hardcore explorer.

Enthusiast
    Well good luck with the 6% farms, I've never really gone that low early game. Your TB will be nice aiding out unwanted runes too so that's a plus.

I see what you're getting at by saying 30% TGs is good, and yes the bonus is great. You're wanting to be a very busy attacker, this, I would assume, would mean that you will have a high draft and thus low BE. I'll assume 80%. 20% TGs give +19.2%; 30% give +25.2%. 6% OME for 10% land? Really? Having 10% more hospitals will decrease losses (thus increasing offence for your next hit).

If your heart is set on 30% then fine, it gives what it gives. I personally think you can obtain more offence and certainly better war longevity by mixing the buildings up slightly.

Hahah jim tell me where ure located next round so ic an take all ur exploring land. Ill hit u four times a day see how much u get off exploring then. And Im going to have heavy heavy offense good luck ur defense wont stand a chance.

I think ur wrong dilbert, im going to be the best attacker with tactician nobody will fk with me. I just need some hospitals to help protect my troops while attacking so much thats the reason for it.

Enthusiast
    Well with avian racial and with your 20% rax, your gonna need a lot more Hosps than just 5% or a lot more banks than 12% to help you retrain.

Also you said you were fine late game with 6%, which is significantly different in OOP. If you razed down to 6% OOP you'd prolly be starving exiting protection.

FINE ill raze the farms. god, does it really matter if i have a lil more farms or not ive done this before and its been okay, wow.

Enthusiast
    Dude....you asked for advice....why are you getting pissed? What did you want, post your strat and have universal admiration to your brilliance?

Also I suggested NOT to waste money and raze, if you want 6% let the farm % drop with incoming land.

Thread Information