Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dwarf/Artisian is the DOMINANT race, play it

Banned
    Heck it seems they make this combo for me. This Dwarf/Artisan combo work super with a Vines-Strategy. I mean really this is everything I can ask for. I was going to run this combo, however, I changed my mind because I already know this will be a good combo I want to see about other races and personalities. If I were to run Dwarf/Artisan this is how I would run it.
    20%homes
    7%farm
    banks 5%
    arms 5%
    tgs 10%
    forts 10%
    barracks 10%
    guilds 19%
    towers 5%
    stable 8%
    This would be the build out of protect. As for the training of military I would train nothing but off specs. untill I it was time to be almost out of protection. The goal would be to get around 30k offense. As I do attacks I would replace those lost offense specs with def specs using the credits I would get for the attacks I make. Also I would use the new land to slowly change my build in to:
    40%homes
    7%farms
    --------
    tgs 15%
    forts 15%
    guilds 10%
    or
    tgs 10%
    forts 10%
    banks 5%
    arms 5%
    --------
    towers 5%
    stables 8%

And while I'm placing the lose offense specs with deffense specs I will also be using most of what money I get to train elites. And that my friends is how it's done.

You're using at least 52% less homes than what I predicted.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    Heck it seems they make this combo for me. This Dwarf/Artisan combo work super with a Vines-Strategy. I mean really this is everything I can ask for. I was going to run this combo, however, I changed my mind because I already know this will be a good combo I want to see about other races and personalities. If I were to run Dwarf/Artisan this is how I would run it.
    20%homes
    7%farm
    banks 5%
    arms 5%
    tgs 10%
    forts 10%
    barracks 10%
    guilds 19%
    towers 5%
    stable 8%
    This would be the build out of protect. As for the training of military I would train nothing but off specs. untill I it was time to be almost out of protection. The goal would be to get around 30k offense. As I do attacks I would replace those lost offense specs with def specs using the credits I would get for the attacks I make. Also I would use the new land to slowly change my build in to:
    40%homes
    7%farms
    --------
    tgs 15%
    forts 15%
    guilds 10%
    or
    tgs 10%
    forts 10%
    banks 5%
    arms 5%
    --------
    towers 5%
    stables 8%

And while I'm placing the lose offense specs with deffense specs I will also be using most of what money I get to train elites. And that my friends is how it's done.
    Genius. You should tell all of your friends about this strat and give me their kingdom locs.

Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post
    You're using at least 52% less homes than what I predicted.
    you're almost never constructive in any way, just trolling trolling trolling.

To answer you about the homes, the popgrowth is not bad, and you KNOW that homes increase B/E because you've been around for a long time (for the rookies: only because they don't employ any peasants, thus you only have 80% land that need employment if you use 20% homes).

Stop making people seem like idiots, all you do is rack down on people, in every thread there is.

Post Fiend
    I need higher than 156% BE please help me achieve this as BE is OP.

pandawarriah you're full of **** yourself so why you complain about somebody else?

Please pretty plaese with the cherry on top keep the changes

and no dwarf/artisan is not the most powerful combo

although I hope the majority will play it anyway.

What a bleeding nab.
    VT2 is right, the lot of you are gona get abused if yall keep thinking like poggo stick.
    Here's a tip, some other brutes running off with the BE?

@Artisan
    Building construction time: -30%
    Building Efficiency : +20%
    All Capacity and Flat Rate Buildings are 25% more Effective
    50% Protection of Buildings from Tornadoes, Arson Operations, Raze and Massacre Attacks

Note the wording:

Building Efficiency : +20%
    All Capacity and Flat Rate Buildings are 25% more Effective

From this I must conclude that homes for artisans do indeed provide 10 peasants instead of eight, though no amount of BE will change this.

I would appreciate some clarification from a legitimate source.

Regular
    yea, you get 10 pezzies instead of 8

Post Demon
    Yes, I played Artisan in the Age just finished when they were a right pile of useless whatever! Homes have 10 extra people, just as others have confirmed.

Off the top of my head banks are the only building affected by both flat rate gains and BE. They have a very nice bonus with Artisan in the next Age.

Quote Originally Posted by pmyraje View Post
    banks are the only building affected by both flat rate gains and BE.
    All flat rate buildings are affected by BE.
    http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...ing_Efficiency
    There was a young fellow named Fiske
    Whose fencing was exceedingly brisk
    So fast was his action
    Fitzgerald contraction
    Reduced his rapier to a disk.

Post Demon
    Ah, yes, I was mixing up "flat-rate" and capacity. Strange that one is affected and the other isn't since are the same game mechanic.

Post Fiend
    how do you delete a message :-/

Post Demon
    You can't (other than erasing everything in it except a few letters), despite the option saying "edit/delete"

Quote Originally Posted by pandawarriah View Post
    you're almost never constructive in any way, just trolling trolling trolling.

To answer you about the homes, the popgrowth is not bad, and you KNOW that homes increase B/E because you've been around for a long time (for the rookies: only because they don't employ any peasants, thus you only have 80% land that need employment if you use 20% homes).

Stop making people seem like idiots, all you do is rack down on people, in every thread there is.
    Thank you! Finally someone speaks up, unafraid to get trolled to death.
    This has nothing to do with the thread itself, but it's just so sickening to see the incredible meanness reflected in the posts by veterans around this forum. Those people make me feel ashamed to want to get deeper into Utopia. And more than so, they are the ultimate explanation why this game is getting fewer players. The new players who are interested in staying and actually strive to become good at it are scared off by all the elitist bs.

Thread Information