Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Dwarf/Artisian is the DOMINANT race, play it

Banned
    I don't know anything about max gains being capped. As I have not played an orc in a long time. But one age I did and I took around 300 acres from a province that was 1k acres. This was out of war though.

Taking land and not getting hit ... You play solo huh? Homes are not affected by BE but a mere +25% hence it would be smarter to abuse buildings boosted by it e.g Rax Hosp Tg etc. Also with decent draft rate of 67 minimum, you probably running your base BE at 85%. 0.85*1.56 = 1.326. Some may think high GS for dwarf/art kingdom but be prepared to get a gold dragon (-20% BE, 1.326*0.8 = 1.0608) and get raped! Not to mention in wars, you are trading acres so every acre not built reduces your advantage since 1% of your land gives more than other races.

Dwarf sage would be a solid combo, durable in wars with nicely pumped overall attributes but Shepherd would be my pick. I would say the most effective to play dwarf is focus on Fog / Animate Dead aiming for longer wars. Avians may hit fast hence aiming shorter wars. So in the end, it depends what your kingdom needs unless your playing in lower level when your joy is #1.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    I don't know anything about max gains being capped. As I have not played an orc in a long time. But one age I did and I took around 300 acres from a province that was 1k acres. This was out of war though.
    That should not have been possible in current ages (30% in single tap). The last time i played orc about 3-4 ages ago i hit the max cap of 20+2% in war though, after i got chained and had impressive science, so i would have to say there is a max cap (got the same % gains for all four hits)

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Lkylo3 View Post
    Taking land and not getting hit ... You play solo huh? Homes are not affected by BE but a mere +25% hence it would be smarter to abuse buildings boosted by it e.g Rax Hosp Tg etc. Also with decent draft rate of 67 minimum, you probably running your base BE at 85%. 0.85*1.56 = 1.326. Some may think high GS for dwarf/art kingdom but be prepared to get a gold dragon (-20% BE, 1.326*0.8 = 1.0608) and get raped! Not to mention in wars, you are trading acres so every acre not built reduces your advantage since 1% of your land gives more than other races.

Dwarf sage would be a solid combo, durable in wars with nicely pumped overall attributes but Shepherd would be my pick. I would say the most effective to play dwarf is focus on Fog / Animate Dead aiming for longer wars. Avians may hit fast hence aiming shorter wars. So in the end, it depends what your kingdom needs unless your playing in lower level when your joy is #1.
    I don't think dwarf artisan would be running a max gs unless they face orcs, and in a decently organised kingdom, the dragon wouldn't be much of an issue. Artisan builds faster than the other dwarves so i don't see them losing that advantage too much. All in all, all 3 types have their advantages, all 3 will focus on fog/animate dead rest assured and on dragging a war.

But you have made a valid point, it may be possible that gold dragon will be more damaging to BE maximizing dwarves artisan builds, however it doesn't take away the fact that they still stand at the most advantageous spot after receiving a gold dragon.

Killing dragons depend on how active your kingdom is and if it was pre-planned wave, the 2nd drag would be in funding. I wouldnt even imagine a higher tier kingdom would mass dwarves. A couple of them are real solid tho. I never build GS actually just that it only works when the whole kingdom uses it. In fact, I would assume top tier kds would outgrow using orc shepherd kd and btmfeed away.

The 3 personalities depends on your role/standing in kd. Sage would recover better after chained. Shepherd has raw numbers backing them up from start. Artisan has incredible numbers if static or near unchainable. Personally, I would play Human but a couple of dwarves in the kingdom are neat.

Post Fiend
    Well, actually the main reason i'm looking at artisan if i was playing dwarf over the other two is due to the faster build time, you will build the building in two hits ready for the third, while for the other two, the building will be ready in three hits (mainly looking at tg and rax here btw) and nothing you can do will build the building faster.

So artisan i would say benefits from maintaining high modifiers from buildings in war, shepherd immunity to plague helps, and you can explore back faster i assume? Sages will get stronger as they're being chained due to their incredible science, and probably allow you to pull off some a/t/m combo if they are chained..

Banned
    I think it was around age 35 when last I played orc. Guys in my kingdom were tripping asking me how I was getting such great land grabs. I had a human sage around the same time that took around 250 acres from a province less than 1k acres and that one was in war. As soon as I did that attack the othe kingdom gave up. And we couldn't get into wars after that.

Post Fiend
    perhaps the formula's changed throughout the ages, but the last I'd heard, a province can lose no more than 15% of his or her total land in a single hit, and can gain no more than 15% of his or her total land in a single hit.

Are those numbers now outdated? :S

Banned
    Ummm Discombobulator that has to be wrong because attack a province of 500 acres that is the same net size one can get around and over 100 acres. And I've done this with out the orc. So I know it's very do-able with the orc. Taking 10% is my normal taking 15% is the high end. And that is while not being orc. I think orc and do much more. I really don't know where people came up with the idea of land gains being capped. I have never ran into a cap on land gains. In fact one age I think 35age on gen I played a human sage and at around 450 acres I took over 110 acres from one guy in one attack. I had every science at a minimum of 500bpa I had my war science around 800bpa and my income science over 1000bpa. I did that all in the first year. I was under 1k acres. My province was making over 2mill a day and keeping over a million of that after all the upkeeps were paid. I'm telling you for this reason they will never make it so science is all powerful. It should have never been that way in the first place.

Poggo = vines nuff said

both the biggest noobs of utopia
    Corruption is a serious impediment to civil liberties.

pogoo+vine= crap!!!! noob losser

Quote Originally Posted by Priel View Post
    That should not have been possible in current ages (30% in single tap). The last time i played orc about 3-4 ages ago i hit the max cap of 20+2% in war though, after i got chained and had impressive science, so i would have to say there is a max cap (got the same % gains for all four hits)
    the cap applies to your land - which is why you got the same each time, since your target would have lost land, or you hit 4 different targets, each of which you'd expect to have different land values.

Banned
    It not a cap. You're attacking people not your net worth. Max gains is 15% of the target's land. In order to get max gains the target has to be around 3-5% bigger than you in networth. Priel you most likely got attacked a lot and lost a lot of land so you were thinking that you could make it up because your science would go up so that would make up the difference. Nope that's not true. If you lose lots of land really fast your networth becomes less and so the guys that attacked you are now too big for you to attack. Also the less land you have the less land you province and gain through TMs.
    Priel thank you for telling me about your age as an orc it made me understand why some people think there is a cap on land grabs. Believe me there is no such cap on land grabs. However this is also why they made orc with such low deffense so they would be attackable. The best thing orcs can do is play strong militaries. Heck one age I took almost 500 acres from a province that was around 2k acres while playing a gnome.

Post Demon
    I once ran a gen prov with over +150% gains. There is a cap on EVERY type of attack. Yes, learn has a cap, it is actually depressingly low, only around 150% of a normal hit. (Not an exact value!)

Land grabs *DO* have a cap, based on YOUR size. Thus hyperhigh NW provs have lower gains. Unknown if there is also a cap based on target size, like plunder/learn. Vines is flat out wrong again.

The gen age, I wanted to see if I could start a feedback loop where I took all of a target's sci, thus upping my gains and pop (and NW, effectively growing). Because of the huge NW drop and gain, I'd be safe from retals, plus my land size would be so small it'd be like running max (or more) GS. Once the feedback loop starts, just keep taking sci (and occasionally land) and climb the chart at warp speed. But the learn cap kills that exploit.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

rofl vines cracks me up
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Thread Information