Thread: Kingdom recruiting... a new monarch?

Post Fiend

Kingdom recruiting... a new monarch?

Our kingdom is currently looking to recruit a player with successful monarch experience and interest in inheriting a core group of players in a warring kingdom. (Forgive the serious overtone of this message; things are actually much more casual and laid back within the kingdom itself, I'm just going to act all professional here for purposes of... well... sounding professional.)

We currently have a leadership that consists of three players --- one who was monarch for 3+ years, and two who have alternated as monarch for the past year or so. Life has pulled all three of us away from the game in different ways over the past age, and we find our kingdom in need of a player who is willing to be part of the leadership rotation. Beyond our existing leadership, nobody else in the kingdom has shown interest in the position (or capability for that matter). We have a strong group of "players" but can't seem to single out any more "leader" types.

If you are a current monarch looking for a fresh start, or a former monarch looking to get back on the throne, then our kingdom can provide you with a pre-existing group of around 15 solid players who are familiar with each other and very capable in war.

Willingness to adapt to our style of warring is a plus, since bringing in a brand new style is not always conducive to smooth transition. However, after an age or two to get used to everyone (and them to you), who knows what will come.

Ideally, we will start next age with one of our current monarchs on the throne. You will join the kingdom and get a feel for how we operate in our first war. After that, you will be given a chance to show your stuff in our second war.

We do not use IRC and barely use outside communication methods. While that may seem odd to you, we have had fine success using just in-game communication methods, especially heavy use of the forums. Along those lines, being a monarch in this kingdom does not require constant idling in a chat room or being logged on to an instant messenger program all day. It merely requires strong knowledge of the game and its various strategies and mechanics, as well as good leadership sense and effective communication skills.

References are necessary, obviously, and I doubt I need to go into what that entails --- a monarch type understands what is expected and should be able to provide such things without being prompted or guided through the criteria.

If you are interested, please contact me through private messages within these forums. Provide experience and references in your initial message, as well as ask any questions you may have. I will check my inbox here daily and get back to each applicant. Questions can also be asked in this thread and I will answer here as well each day.

Looking forward to meeting some promising folks :)

Post Demon
    Sounds like a novel kind of job interview at least. Bring your references and if you are good enough you become the boss! Good luck, I'm sure you will get plenty of takers wanting to take up Monarchy without the endless struggle of having to persuade their own kingdom's newbies they are worth it!

Enthusiast
    good lucks with that...
    if u need help with managing kingdom and war strategy talks..you can open a thread to ask how to in utopia talks too...
    or get in IRC world to dig some good guy there..

Post Fiend
    Luckily, our kingdom has no newbies and wins several wars each age, everyone follows orders and knows how to play as a team, so the only person that needs persuading is me. ;)

We don't need help with Utopia, thanks though, we just need to promote from outside the kingdom, because we've run out of capable monarchy holders within who have strong enough activity to hold the job at least semi-fulltime. We've been rotating two new monarchs ever since I stepped down a year ago, but now they too are being pulled away by life and can't committ fulltime anymore. This is just something different we're trying.

I think between all 3 co-monarchs we sum up for at least 60-70 ages of monarch experience...
    Our doors are open to any active, experienced players not necessarily ready for the thrown who can learn from our experience through fighting by our side in war. I've trained several monarchs in the past, as im sure "forum_name'" has.

Im surprised their are no takers to date...back in the days you would of had at least one newbie pretend he's the best monarch in the world, hoping to take over a kd....

why you don't simply "merge" with another kd?...We need few active and experience players. Contact us on #now if you are interested. Thank you

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by mystyka View Post
    why you don't simply "merge" with another kd?...We need few active and experience players. Contact us on #now if you are interested. Thank you
    Mainly because we have around 15 core players in our kingdom, so merging with a kingdom that only needs a "few" active players, is hardly possible. ;)

And we're not looking for a new kingdom. Just someone with leadership experience to join our ranks at the top.

Thread Information