Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring back the T/M :(

Bring back the T/M :(

Firstly, well done to Brian and Sean, these changes appear to be a step in the right direction, however still a long ways to go, imo, before game could be considered 'fun'.

Next, you've killed T/Ms :( My kd ran some powerful t/ms this age, and they were vital in our wars. IMO, the t/m should always be a critical and central part of the racial setup in Utopia. By giving delf an offencive elite, you've forced any delf to play either a/t or a/m, no longer the high def 6 raw tpa and 6 raw wpa t/m that is just so devastating, and can cripple the defences of enemy provinces, opening them up for triples and quads. Id prefer to see D/elf with a 4/7 elite, or something of that sort, even 1/8 works.

Every race atm seems to have very strong, offencive elites, and whilst that works in general, you'll end up creating a situation where offence rules all, and eventually, running defences wont matter. Anyone who knows my play knows that's how i normally run my own prov, but it doesn't work as a server wide strat, since it takes a lot of strategy out of the game. If you already run low defence to take advantage of an offencive elite, then it simply comes down to who has the best econ or attack time, etc. Id much rather see the scenario where one kd with a solid off/def setup gains incredible advantages by strategic use of thier t/ms in disabling 2-3 provinces, rather than some horrid server wide orgy of offence and multi tap trading that comes about thru no effort or reward, only game dynamics.

So whilst its fine to have strong offence on attackers, give the delf, at least, the strong defencive elite. Also, consider beefing up Rogue and Mystic. Perhaps give rogue a 50% less thief losses bonus, and Mystic some magic efficiency bonus, around 20-30%, so they are better able to cast spells on non mages. Another possible avenue is to reduce the fail rate of spells caused by relative WPA, so mages don't require something like 7-8 raw wpa just to put MS on provs with 3-4 wpa in under 3 spells. Yes i know MS should be difficult to cast, but we all know that there is something ****e going on when you cant even succeed LL over 30% of the time with 2x the WPA, modded or raw.

Anyhow, that covers the main things. I'm sure the rest of the posting community can come up with other, viable, solutions to the above issue, and hopefully some good suggestions wont be lost in the avalanche of stupidity that unfortunately frequents most threads here.

Adapt and change with the game, don't demand that the game stays stagnant so you don't have to learn new things.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Enthusiast
    vt2 i again have to call you out cause you have no ****ing idea who your talking to.

he adapted to the game far better than you ever did
    The Elf Mystic
    Flaming stupid people since 1999

If he's whining over T/M 'being made obsolete' by these changes, he's a n00b, and that's fact.
    It's never been good, it was only useful for a short time, and it's been obsolete for a very, very long time.

Now it's very stupid, and people need to learn how to attack.
    That's a good thing.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.

OMFG

Best time to wake up for a piss

See Crad you n00biness is obvious to everyone
    IMPERIALS KLA

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post
    If he's whining over T/M 'being made obsolete' by these changes, he's a n00b, and that's fact.
    It's never been good, it was only useful for a short time, and it's been obsolete for a very, very long time.

Now it's very stupid, and people need to learn how to attack.
    That's a good thing.
    he was monarch of equilibrium last age.

who is the noob now vt2?
    The Elf Mystic

I suppose i should have clarified the topic a bit more, its not so much bring BACK, as opposed to, DONT KILL the T/M.

vt2, your ignorance knows no bounds. Its like your ignorance has ADD and is in overdrive, with an endless supply of stupidity to feed it forever and ever; getting larger as time progresses. You sir, are the Rolls Royce of stupid.

Shut up.
    The person who started this is such an obvious n00b, and too busy living in the past to notice anything going on.

It's like he hasn't played for years.

"Id much rather see the scenario where one kd with a solid off/def setup gains incredible advantages by strategic use of thier t/ms in disabling 2-3 provinces, ***rather than some horrid server wide orgy of offence and multi tap trading that comes about thru no effort or reward, only game dynamics.***" Yeah, totally not n00b, and totally with the times.

Go away.

I don't care if you're Lawrence of Arabia.
    The moment you decide to post something as stupid as the opening to this thread, you become a n00b.

Regular
    I am absolutely happy to see T/Ms go to recycle bin, though in good kds there are good players who know that the less T/Ms in kd the better, in a ghetto you always find a noob who goes for T/M because nothing is easier than just having 80 dpa with 4 raw wpa/tpa. At least now people will have to use their brains to run a T/M in a high off server.

Enthusiast
    Shut up.
    The person who started this is such an obvious n00b, and too busy living in the past to notice anything going on.

"Id much rather see the scenario where one kd with a solid off/def setup gains incredible advantages by strategic use of thier t/ms in disabling 2-3 provinces, ***rather than some horrid server wide orgy of offence and multi tap trading that comes about thru no effort or reward, only game dynamics.***" Yeah, totally not n00b, and totally with the times.

Go away.

The moment you decide to post something as stupid as the opening to this thread, you become a n00b.
    or maybe just maybe he understands the game unlike a *expletive* piece of forum trolling *insulting exxpletive* like yourself?
    *expletive*, the WORST kd hes played in is better than your BEST.

maybe he understands balance is GOOD for the game in choices of strat?

you are so wrong on many levels its not even funny vt2, since i came back out of retirement youve managed to flame hurlin for being a "new" player, me for apparantly being "new", shida for "not knowing what your talking about" in reference to kds SHES ACTUALLY PLAYED IN. Then crad for being "noob" when he runs one of the best kds left in utopia?

*expletive* dude, just *expletive* and die like a good *expletive about a woman who works for money ;)*
    Last edited by skraz; 26-01-2010 at 15:18.
    The Elf Mystic

Shut up.

Go away.

Did you want me to call your mom and tall I'm every so sowwy for calling you stupid? I'd hate to cause you anymore grief by pointing out that you talk about the modern game so much as being the 'thing', yet you've failed to achieve anything in that, let alone the game as it was previously.

Here, have some tissues, ill get calling.

Yes :(
    I'm such a bad person. Not making posts that tell everyone I'm a total n00b, and then having people defend me by saying 'HE'S, LIKE, THE KING OF EQ!!!!!!!!' is such fail.

Now go away.
    You're too n00b to post here, as indicated by your opening post.

Post Fiend
    Oh just let it slide this age ffs, they finally gave us some decent changes that we can actually call 'changes', and everything is not totally balanced, but nothing new happening here that any long-timer hasn't seen in the past.

Yes, T/M has been weakened, but nothing you boys in the top can't handle I'm sure.

Enthusiast
    Yes :(
    I'm such a bad person. Not making posts that tell everyone I'm a total n00b, and then having people defend me by saying 'HE'S, LIKE, THE KING OF EQ!!!!!!!!' is such fail.

Now go away.
    You're too n00b to post here, as indicated by your opening post.
    you know what?

im done with you, you ever play again ill make sure your kd never gets above 5 mill.

this is my last post against you.

dont want to de-rail a thread anymore that the dev team might have taken seriously otherwise
    The Elf Mystic

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlyeah View Post
    I am absolutely happy to see T/Ms go to recycle bin, though in good kds there are good players who know that the less T/Ms in kd the better, in a ghetto you always find a noob who goes for T/M because nothing is easier than just having 80 dpa with 4 raw wpa/tpa. At least now people will have to use their brains to run a T/M in a high off server.
    you know high raw tpa (3+) isn't rare in decent kds right?
    forget mystics, they owned that.

Thread Information