Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My darkelf/artisan strategy for age

Nah , this is setup for a bank province or someone who wana grow a lot in gheto. Is not like whole KD can use it to grow :)

Post Fiend
    maybe not artisan, but I KNOW the top kingdom WILL BE darkelf/sheps this age. No runes and tog is still the most lethal combination and GREAT players will let you know this age to come...

Starting last age, weren't people complaining of top kingdom de's coming oop with 1.3-1.8k acres each!? LOL what makes you think this is going to change!?

AND YES this to me would be the best kd strat still... NIGHTMARES are extremely effective definitely with 25 players ganging up on 3-4 provinces in unfriendly going to war...

Use a low netted elite 6/4 for ambushes and massacres while casting. You may not think it, but I see a kd of darkelves winning over a kingdom of dwarves by far because of the no double build. Going to be funny watching you high netted dwarf/sages run from my/our emerald dragon and massacre/ambushe techniques... You're "strategies" will soon be noobish rainbow strats... Definitely with my fireballs crushing your population with only 25-40% mana used during unfriendly...
    "Don't try to win a war as one province, but as a kingdom with a strategy behind it." -Justin Karnes

hf with the fizzles

Post Fiend
    Doubt they will fizzle that much if they planned properly an insane wpa, but dwarves can probably manipulate to get them into dbl tap range easily if so and still not be easily ambushable. It goes down to who's more active in the end i believe. Dwarves can just as easily run mass/ambush tactics.

Post Demon
    A dwarf can easily run the same wpa as a DE, thereby making the DE unable to NM, and still be able to attack as well. The DE would have such ****ty army that he'd barely be able to break anyone at all.

But good luck with DE

Post Fiend
    A dwarf taking in acres is just as vulnerable as any other province. I KNOW FROM LAST AGE. went into war at 900 acres and ended up round 2.5k acres and I SPENT MOST MY TIME trying to keep from being chained even though I had fog.

BUT i will point out I went in with a 2.2wpa and a 1.8tpa. Ended up at 2.5k acres sitting with a 0.89wpa and had to put quite a bit of the acres grabbed in for WT's since there was no way I could maintain a nice income from the fireballs coming in nonstop to pump my thieves back up letalone thieve to get my def/off up to maintain my acres...
    "Don't try to win a war as one province, but as a kingdom with a strategy behind it." -Justin Karnes

Post Fiend
    And de/artisan btw is best for growth... all because of that buildtime (which is most essential for growing)

BB, artisan's building bonus, tog, no runes...

don't understand where you think this is just a bank strategy when all your de's in a kingdom can be a bank and bottomfeed!? I see top province still as a de sitting round 9-13 mil (closest one behind being a human at 8 mil)depending if getting help or not from others in the kingdom (for both the de and the human)

Human's are more a bank turds not de's

So 30% faster build win vs 30% cheaper explore (both soldiers and gold) for growing? Yea for sure is more important than birth rate + more pop for explorers .. or NOT?

Post Fiend
    i think it would come down to ToG and super banks by artison

Post Fiend
    I think the cheaper explore and mills (free build/free explore) will help shepherd explorers more than the tog can (rem that each tog takes away from paradise, and de doesn't get +1 mana). Reduction in troop training cost can be achieved with armouries, it's easy to maintain a steady growth even without good banks.

Except make sure that no one in your kingdom runs it too and you get exclusive use of the pool.

Thread Information