Thread: Magic and crime system

Banned

Magic and crime system

Well the age is comming to a start in a few days and I wanted to add something that would make everyone thing. What happen if this age wpa is the only thing that effects success rate or the odds of one being successful in doing magic or crime. And effectiveness only increases the damage or gains one gets from magic or crime. Food for thought.

Post Fiend
    assassinate wizzies would become more powerful, if you are meaning that both self spells and offensive spells would be casted based on wpa.

Not sure what you mean by crimes success and wpa.

and the last part?

Post Fiend
    I think he meant the last part that science will give you extra gains/damage instead of boosting your wpa/tpa and improve success rates. Hence, a province at 2tpa with 100% science will fail more often against a 4tpa province with 0 science, but for each success, you'll do twice the damage (assuming same tpa sent).

I think if that was the case, i wouldn't bother pumping science if i needed to go defensive only and have to boost raw numbers more to do so. Offense wise, i would not put so much into science as i would rather succeed more often than to do more damage, perhaps pump to an easy 50% and leave it as that.

Banned
    I'm just trying to give everyone that plays a heads up of what could come. So a human with 4tpa will still fail 25% more but a dark elf with 3 or 4tpa will not have an easier time casting on a human. This makes the game more even and pump nonesense. It's better for the very skilled players and the new player starting out. However it is not good for the so called SKDs that pump all age long.

Post Fiend
    Now i'm lost, am i right to assume that he thinks the modifiers for humans is not a direct wpa modifier but only works when humans cast spells(does not affect defensive wpa). The DE modifier we know is unrelated to wpa (spell success) already.

And i assume he meant wpa and not tpa.

Banned
    Let me say it a different way. +25% to faill a spell does not mean 25% less wpa. It just mean as a human one will fail more spells than what is normal. If a human has 4tpa they have 4tpa. The +25% to fail more spells does not lower their 4wpa to 3wpa. I hope this is clear for you.
    I believe it to work this way for magic and crime. So if a gnome has 4tpa that +40% eff will not give them a 5.6tpa. What the +40% eff does is allow them to do more damage and get higher gains. I was going to run an elf with 8rawwpa and rock everyone our kingdom came acrossed. However, as I have said before it would be not right if I the face of high home strategy did not play Dwarf Artisan this age.
    Last edited by vines; 28-01-2010 at 07:42.

Post Fiend
    I see. I think it sorta disagrees with what the general consensus is, but who knows, they might actually do it that way.

Banned
    Yeah you are right it does. My main reason for thinking this is because of elf. They have 30% more chance of having spells be successful. In other ages it would have said +30% to effectiveness, however, it did not. Most SKDs just assumed it would be the same way and it very well may be but I have good reason to think other wise. I have stated my reason for this.
    Last edited by vines; 28-01-2010 at 07:43.

Welcome to vinesland.
    Your world will never be the same again.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Thread Information