Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Human/Warrior build strat.. Suggestions?

Human/Warrior build strat.. Suggestions?

Alright guys. I usually play Orc, but decided I'm gonna try Human this time around.. I like the Human/Warrior combination on the surface, so I'm gonna try to throw a strat together real quick, and let me know what u think.. I'm open to any suggestions..

400-900 Acres - In Protection
    Farms - 10%
    Homes - 10%
    Banks - 20%
    Mills - 20%
    Armories - 25%
    Guilds - 10%
    Towers - 5%

Will let me explore and build cheap early on, switching the mills to Various other buildings as soon as I reach my 900 acre goal. Hopefully getting my DPA around 40 coming OOP..

901-1500 Acres
    Farms - 7%
    Homes - 10%
    Banks - 25%
    Hosps - 10%
    Forts - 10%
    Schools - 25%
    Stables - 10%
    Dungeons - 3%

And while I'm doing this will pump science, Then switch the schools to arms to pump elites for a couple days.. hopefully getting my OPA up around 50-60.

I'm not gonna post a strat and then defend it to the death like some other punks on here.. So I won't flame you if you say I'm screwin up.. Open to any suggestions. Like I said, first time playin Human.. Thanks guys..
    Last edited by plaguedawg; 28-01-2010 at 23:36.

O yeah, and I should probably mention that i plan on being a pure attacker. Maybe light on thievery. like 1.5-2 TPA. Want to take advantage of fast attack times..

Post Demon
    Are you planning to attack whilst science pumping? Otherwise I don't quite see why you would pump Elites before pumping science.

Got ya.. That's a good point.. I should probably do sciences before the elite pump.. Just kinda threw this together real quick..

Post Fiend
    1.5-2 tpa is defensive, not light thievery.

ok..? anything more constructive?

Maybe just more homes and no stables. For high off value elites homes are better.

ok.. sounds good. last age was my first age playing in a few years. Back then, it was okay to play with BE around 85-88%.. Many players saw homes as a waste. Nothing real beneficial about the,..

However, now I've noticed that BE is regardedly a lot more highly. A lot of players on here talk about getting it to 110-125%.. Homes seem a lot more valuable now.

Well , actualy my point was elsewhere - 10% homes will give u better off than 10% stables if u train the extra pop on elites.

yeah, i understand that. but i'm used to playing with NO homes at all.. So it's kind of a new concept to me relying so much on BE. Is the bonus really that valuable, or is it just a preference for most players now? I'm not a big numbers guy

Post Fiend
    I think the BE issue came up when people thought that it might be possible to achieve over 150%. BE is quite useful for saving a lot of buildings if you're going for maxing strategies, otherwise it's just good. I think either BE will figure a lot in your strategy, or not, so if you're comfortable with 90% BE, no need to try and push it to 110-125%.

Homes is valuable in maintaining a decent BE, if you go for high draft without considering that, an 80% or less BE is going to hamper most of your build strat (15% tg giving you less than 11% tg for 100% BE or 8% tg for 140% BE), the common norm that most people are happy about is somewhere between 80-100, if not running homes will bring you to about there already, it's probably ok, otherwise get some homes.

Homes are also improved somewhat due to the nerfing of pop science, they're the easy way of going for more pop now.

Post Demon
    TG > Homes > stables, in most cases (it is close). Although buildings under construction are the best building for BE...

Ambush does mean very high OME isn't always that great though - but still better than more elites causing NW.

Homes are nice for war prep more than for actual war (unless you need pes bad), most people stop building them in their finial overdraft and prep stage to get more rax/hospitals. (Had the TG usually, least I do.) Homes do have nice utility as both a military buff and an econ buff though, helping the transition be smoother. I use 10% or so for that effect more than anything else.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

ok. so does that mean when war time comes it's a good strat to raze all homes for barracks?

Post Fiend
    not especially. I don't care to really look at your strat, so instead I commented on your tpa. being helpful in my own lazy way.

Quote Originally Posted by plaguedawg View Post
    ok. so does that mean when war time comes it's a good strat to raze all homes for barracks?
    u need homes to get better numbers pre war so I usualy just stop build them on land incoming when wars start and focus on war builds since as attacker im always under or overpopulated and becose of ~30% land in progres everytime theyr role of boosting BE is not that important. Later on when war over just build them again with last land gains and ready to prepare for next war.

Thread Information