Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Human/Tactician My Strategy

Human/Tactician My Strategy

Here is my building strategy while running 70% draft rates as a Human/Tactician. Let me know what you all think and I'll take it under consideration

15% homes

10% farms

10% banks

25% training grounds

20% barracks

15% guardstations

3% guilds

2% towers.

I will probably be reducing the amount of farms I use as the age progresses.

So yea that's pretty much it. Have at me.

EDIT------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have completely reworked my strategy than the one mention above.
    Last edited by Tionis; 30-01-2010 at 20:18.

Post Fiend
    Let us know what dspa and epa you plan to keep.

3% guilds is too little and i doubt you'll see enough success.

The Tgs and rax may be overkill due to low be, you can squeeze out more offense by converting 10% to stables.

I think others have posted humans strat before, have a look at them as well?

I think I see what you're saying, but I do not want to rely on stables for offense because if I'm waring I expect to be hit back as well. I lose horses from attacking with them as well as having stables taken away from me. TGs are a more stable sorce of offense.

As far as guilds. I do believe you're correct. perhaps I should reconsider my % of Banks and TGs and Farms to compensate for my Guild and Towers.

I plan on keeping at 1.5 TPA and then running a 90% elites 10% defense units with the remainder of my soldiers.

But I'm banking on my Guardstations to help with my Defense as well. Now I know some troll is going to come by and say HA guardstations don't boost defense ect...

But lets just say I have minus 20-30% losses when attacked. Would that not be the same as saying I just took 20-30% of the effective offense an attacker has hit me with away as well?

I have looked at other human strats and find them to work for them and THEIR ideas. but I'm running numbers for what kind of playing style I have. I attack ALOT and wish to maximize this by allowing for larger armies ect...

I'm not really planning on casting alot of spells. other than a few self spells and maybe MAYBE a CB if I can't get a Thieve/Mage in my kingdom to post these for me.

Either way it will all come out in the wash as the age starts and ops begin.

Enthusiast
    you need hospital...
    after that you are good in attacking

Going from 20 to 25 of any rate building doesnt get you a very good return on your land.

You need hospitals and more guilds.

You will get fireballs/tornadoes constantly when the other kg realizes they are almost automatic vs you

Post Demon
    9:1 off:def unit split is *way* too much offense. You'll get quad tapped by people half your size, and find yourself chained down to 100 acres almost instantly.

If you are going by units, 1:1 is normal for lower tier kingdoms (for an 8/6 army) and 3:2 is aggressive. If you measure by actual offense, 1:1 is defensive, 3:2 normal, and 2:1 is aggressive. If you go past 2:1, it means you can double tap yourself, and therefore so too can your opponents. Being open to double taps very bad - it means it takes the other kingdom only half the work to chin you till you are useless, or nearly so. Just a bit more def makes it almost *twice* as hard to chain... very worth it!

Plus, with the only 6 point defense in the game, you really ought to use it for something.

Build:
    Guilds/Towers too low. I like low guild/tower strats... but you need 5%/3% min (with high sci!) just to keep GP and IA up. Higher if you are growing some and need the WPA to keep up. 7% guild 5% towers should be acceptable later age, work down from that till the fails get too bad.
    Cut homes to 10%. It's gonna be them or rax/tg, and tg is better. Plus tg is already taking a hit.

Lower draft and (maybe) cut banks. Your optimal power should occur closer to 60% draft - don't go over it *unless* you are overbuilding in prep for war. Even then, 5% extra elites is usually enough.
    Hospitals instead of banks (and some homes/tg/rax). They should save far more money in still living elites than the banks could buy. Swap during pumps of course.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

I've completely reworked my strategy and it looks nothing like what I previously posted.

That was just an off the top of my head strategy to get a response and feedback.

Thank you for your support everyone.
    Go back to your sandbox and leave the adults to talk.

Sir Postalot
    lack of hosps is bad
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

Post Demon
    I'd favour a mix between TGs and Forts if you use 25% land, since building effects lessen the more you have - the first 10% of forts bonus would be quite nice alongside 15% TGs - then just move some more troops from def into off to compensate - should come out with better numbers overall, although more troops for attack = more troops lost on an attack which isn't good when they are Elites

Curious where your numbers are for this as I ran this combo this age as well: to be successful in self spells, whilst saving runes, I had to run ~10% guilds and 6% towers. Sci bon 45%

otherwise i maintain about these figures 15% homes, 12% Rax & TG, 10% WT, 15% banks, 10% hospitals
    currently thinking of trading rax for gs after reading some things about retals. horrible idea?

Post Fiend
    Just a note on stables - when you get a decent number of them, your horses replenish themselves well before your army is ready to attack again. If the reason you're not building stables is because you don't want to rely on horses being available, you might want to rethink that. 10% stables on 2000 acres produces 200 horses / hour. Let's say you have a very aggressive 9 hour attack time. At 2000 acres, you're not gonna lose 1800 horses per attack. Your stables will be full well before your next attack.

it was more along the lines I came across a thread that talked about if you have more than a certain amount of opa then you were better off running pure TG for better off

Post Fiend
    Horses vs. TGs depends on a lot of things. You should run the math for your particular situation, but in general, most will want to use TGs unless they have a relatively low offense or are already using a lot of TGs. For example, if you have 25% buildings to spend on offense, it may be better to go 15-20% TGs and 5-10% Stables than to go 25% TGs.

Abandon the homes or no one will take you seriously. Hosps ftw. Also, you can enter war with stables and phase them to training grounds on incoming land since they will render an instant bonus and wont require time to fill. Best of both worlds i know
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

homes is nice out of war, ive done extensive tests and they do miracles outside war.
    But in war, screw homes

Thread Information