Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need feedback/criticism on Dwarf/Sage protection strat

Need feedback/criticism on Dwarf/Sage protection strat

- Before Freeze Time Ends -

Science: Limited (dump all into Alchemy)

Build:

90 Banks
    61 Arms
    35 Guilds
    42 Towers
    52 Stables

Explore: 125 Acres

- 1-24 hours -

Raze:

40 Homes

Build:

12 Farms
    39 Arms
    108 Guilds
    10 Towers
    1 Hospital (Nothing better to put it in at this point)

Explore: 115 Acres

- 25-47 hours -

Build:

Everything else into final build. Doesn't matter at this point. Nothing that will help until oop (TG, Hosp, Rax).

- 48 hours -

Science: Minimal

Cast:

Builders Boon
    Inspire Army

Train: Military (Save 52.3k gc to raze) which will get you 3,200 specs

Raze: Arms

Build: Complete Final Build

- 48+ hour -

Train max thieves every tic or as often as you can until you have 650 thieves training. This will take about 12 ticks which will cause you to come oop with ~0.7 TPA @ 650 acres. After as many thieves as you need are training, go back to specs.

This is a "we plan to war 0-5 days oop" strat. Once I know a war is coming I plan to shave off some banks and guilds for WT.

Anyways, OOP your buildings should look like this:

8% Farms
    20% Banks
    13% TG
    15% Rax
    6% Hospitals
    22% Guilds
    8% Towers
    8% Stables

Now I am certainly no expert on writing protection strats as I have been away from the game for too damn long. I spent a few hours running different setups through GuanYuCwK's Excel Simulator. Looking for help on fine-tuning it though.

Arguments (will add more as they come up):

++Don't build that many banks that early on.
    --I couldn't find anything else to justify building something else before them. I understand my population is low, and thus, my income will be low to begin with, but I already have all the stables I need and more than enough towers (all but 10) to tide me over. I tried putting some Arms in earlier on, but banks still trumped them as they suffered from the exact same thing. Guilds are definitely possible but I just couldn't justify a few wizzies over a few hundred O/D specs.

++Don't run that many banks period.
    --I plan to reduce my bank numbers as I grow oop.

++You need more guilds.
    --While I would love to do an initial wizzie pump, I don't want to enter war with a ton of guilds.

Regular
    i dont think u need to raze the homes so soon, even leave them until u raze out the arms and do then.. at least u will keep the birth rate bonus for your newly xplored land (or even just keep them and let them phase out completely once u start growing)

There are no time periods where my population is 300+ under max after razing my homes. I'm too much into getting the most out of my land to just let it phase out. Especially on a Dwarf. Thanks for the reply though.

Regular
    how often are u logging in the second explore ? if its three times thats ~400 pop at each time which lets homes give a little bonus, +320 max pop is ok too... i guess it depends on your activity (btw u can get better numbers with less land as im sure u know.. but if u are confident u can come out on top in first war then peasies ftw)

Every tick :)

If it was up to me, I'd be going for 600 acres. But everyone in my kingdom is fixated on 650 acres.

Post Demon
    You're coming OOP with 3200 specs? Or did I miss something in there? On 650 acres I'd assume they would be almost entirely def specs so why come OOP with TGs and Barracks?

If you intend to split those specs between offence and defence you'll have a painfully small defence.

That is how many get trained at 48 hours. OOP I will have 8k Def 26k Off. I don't see the need for more. Rax so I can 3x 4x tap more often and TGs so I can 3x 4x tap at all.

Post Demon
    8k def on 650 acres?!

I'm planning more like 20k def on 750 acres with 27.5k off and I'm still wondering of my def will be enough despite the offence to put people off!

You're exploring to 750 acres as a Dwarf/Sage? You'll be sorely disappointed at 48 hours when you will hardly be able to train 2k specs. You're too defensive. It's oop not mid-age. Are you really that worried you are going to get hit?

Post Demon
    Dwarf Artisan. I've worked out the spec training costs - I intend to pile ~6k of them into training on 53 hours.

It is a long time since I came OOP at the start of an Age and back when I last played gains were based off relative acres so people would always just hit the land-fat provs with no defence. Now those provinces will be way too low NW to hit so attackers will be looking elsewhere, even at other attackers possibly if they think they can get away with a hit. I'm still going offence heavy, but I don't want to be crazy, esp. if I make some good attacks and then have to scramble defence before the acres come in.

If you explore to 750 acres then there is no way you will even have 3/4ths of those soldiers drafted to train at 53 hours, let alone money. Where did you get those numbers from? Or is that just an estimate.

Post Demon
    Simulation. May not be 100% correct, but numbers are close enough and if not I will alter my strat to compensate

Regular
    yeah x2 to sugoi, oop now is way different, if u can get those numbers somehow then u could prolly do 36k 10k and very easily get away with it. the def heavy provs are the ones that get hit

Post Demon
    No point hving an excessive offence. You'll have to train defence quickly for any acres you gain to avoid getting hit in the 2nd/3rd wave pf attacks if you get decent gains in your first attacks (and if you aren't going to get decent gains you don't need all the offence anyway).

I'm sure I could shift the balance further towards offence, I just don't feel the need to take the risk.

"No point hving an excessive offence."

4x Tapping? :)

How large do you plan on growing oop? I'm making all plunders and stealing GC.

Thread Information