Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A few little questions.

A few little questions.

Since I haven't played for aprox. 6 ages much have changed. so I have a few basic questions not that I have made my mind about what to play, and that is M/a (MAGE 1st attacker 2nd)

What would be a good WPA raw and a good DPA raw to leave at home when u make an attack.

And how is science cost calculated? say if you play sage and you have schools too? Multiply the values?

10x

Post Demon
    Base book cost for a Sage should be 70% of normal. Then schools will apply to that base rate as they would to the 100% base rate for other races (multiplicatively on the cost of a book rather than multiplicatively on the cost reduction)

Not sure how you play an attacker as a secondary role, but I guess that is up to you! For me you either attack or you don't, there is no half-way house.

God dpa is impossible to say - it changes based on your kingdom, the kingdom you attack into, how large you are, how far into the Age you are, etc, etc.

Post Fiend
    A minor attacker, by that do you mean low offense or no rax/slow attack time?

I guess for dpa, it depends on how much other provinces are running, in war, the standard norm is whatever your kingdom is running when they hit, or enough to make sure you don't get doubled tap easily.

practical dpa is usually 40-45 , depends on what a kd runs. As attacker you want to have enough not to be double tapped.

Sci cost bonuses multiplied

By minor attacker I mean I will try to get as much OPA as I can after I keep 1 TPA and enough WPA at which I still din't get an aswear. I was thinking at 3WPA raw? And If I am a hybrid I ofcourse try to be a decent attacker, so I will have TG..probably 15%ish plus stables...but probabily no raxs.
    I am thinking since I am not a dedicated attacker, I will for sure not be able to hit as much as an attacker..but I am hoping at beeing able to hit allmost as hard as an attacker in terms of MOD off.

Post Demon
    Well, I plan to be an A/M (not an M/A), mostly because I just let my wizards look after themselves after building a sensible number of guilds. They take time to build up anyway unless you are going static or massively wizard pumping.

3 wpa raw should be fine once you get there, esp. if you want to cast on other attackers. If you want to stop hard core Mages you'll need so much that you'll have no room for proper offence.

Yeah...I realize the problem with a high WPA regarding a good offence. And I don't plan on wasteing days maybe weeks in pumping..Just want to be able to make decent attacks during wars and keep wasting mana and runes on most of the KD. I know I wont be able to attack the best defended provs or keep casting spells on dedicated mages, at least not at the begining of the war. Does anyone think that what I want is manageable? While also keeping into the range of the KD if the are able to grow as planed? I assume 3WPA plus science and say 20% guilds are enough to cast everything I want on everyone except pure mages, or am I wrong?

I personally say go higher. 4 WPA raw. That would set you in the range of 2~2.5 times of other non-Mages. Also, when asking such a question, you should also mention the race you intend to play.

Post Fiend
    Guild% doesn't affect your ability to cast spells on others (well except by giving you a higher wpa over time that is), but they do affect the duration of the spells.

3 - 4 WPA + 50%+ sciences should be enough power to cast on other attackers who doesn't focus on the magic aspect of the game. (You'll might still have problems with T/M's and A/M's I guess)

I deliberatly did not say a race, since I wanted this to be a more theoretical discution, rather then someone telling me IF YOU PLAY THAT RACE YOU SHOULD DO THIS AND THAT, since I do not know how will my KD evolve and how good it will be, and I need flexibility to adjust.

3 - 4 WPA + 50%+ sciences should be enough power to cast on other attackers who doesn't focus on the magic aspect of the game. (You'll might still have problems with T/M's and A/M's I guess)
    I am preatty sure with this I will not have a problem what so ever with T/M and A/M especialy not with A/M
    Last edited by DrPain; 30-01-2010 at 14:10.

Post Fiend
    Will 1 tpa be enough to defend this guy from enemy Attackers doing thief ops on him?

Well you can't have them all, now can't you? But a few WT can keep most attackers off...but probably not the specialized thiefs.

Or am I wrong?

Post Demon
    If you are going for magic just use WTs for thievery defence. TPA won't defend you anyway.

Yeah but I steal need some for ops and for the morons who have no thiefs and no WT:D

Plus without that 1TPA I make no real losses to those who fail, right? I know that wont matter for a real theif...but still.

Or is it better to just put that 1TPA in offence?

Post Demon
    Yeah, I'd keep the 1 tpa (or 0.5 tpa), I just meant you don't need more - the WTs protect you, not the tpa.

As far as I;m aware your tpa is irrelevant for enemy losses from WTs - could be wrong though

Thread Information