Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A few little questions.

If I am not wrong with WT and zero thiefs..u lose at maximum 5 thiefs per op. As far as I used to know:)) is the thiefs that do the dmg, WT just make them fail.

Again..I might be wrong.

Regular
    you need thiefs to kill other thiefs
    0 thiefs = 0 kills

Post Fiend
    I think you still kill some thieves even with 0 thieves.

But i agree, stick to having some tpa, at least 1 even when running a high wt strat otherwise you'll be encouraging a/ms to 'try' ops on you because their thief losses are minimal.

Yes Priel, that was exactly what I tryed to say too, not sure if it came out right:)

Well thanks for the answears guys.

Veteran
    The number of thieves/WT's or whatever have no effect on the number of thieves you'll lose on a failed op. That's a random percentage of the thieves you send (2-6% by memory) modified by TDs.
    That nerdy guy that obsesses with game mechanics.

Post Demon
    Yeah, come to think of it I did some ops on guys last Age who Infiltrate said had 0 thieves (which I think is 100% accurate if it is 0), but they did have a pesky few WTs and I lost thieves through stealing gcs when I failed.

Post Fiend
    That may be interesting to note.. i always assumed the losses corresponded to the opponent raw tpa, lost less when oping gnome then other a/t races before running around same mod defensive tpa against me, but that might've been the random factor working against me.

Will pay more attention about it this age.

Regular
    I hate to make new thread for a single question so I will just use this one.

Why would a kd not explore at all during protection? There is a kd on my island that has 25 dwarf provinces and this really unnerves me for some reason. Also b/c I swear their banner looks like it has the girl that pulse usually features.

Blip will learn the secret soon.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

thieves cost upkeep?

No.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Blip View Post

Why would a kd not explore at all during protection? There is a kd on my island that has 25 dwarf provinces and this really unnerves me for some reason. Also b/c I swear their banner looks like it has the girl that pulse usually features.
    Uh oh, having Pulse on your island is scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Blip View Post

You can't make any good hits if your NW is too high. In order to wave effectively OOP you need to have a high OPA- kind of hard to do when you explore 200 acres.

Post Demon
    You can get 7000 specs on 700 acres. If you want to be brave you can put 4500 of them into off specs and then just hope you don't get hit!!

Not sure if I'll have anyone to attack at that size, but on the plus size the NW ratio works the other way too - someone at 415 acres with hideous opa will gain nothing from hitting me even if they can break me!

Quote Originally Posted by pmyraje View Post
    You can get 7000 specs on 700 acres. If you want to be brave you can put 4500 of them into off specs and then just hope you don't get hit!!

Not sure if I'll have anyone to attack at that size, but on the plus size the NW ratio works the other way too - someone at 415 acres with hideous opa will gain nothing from hitting me even if they can break me!
    The greatest deterrent for someone trying to attack you OOP is a high offense. If you have 5000+ off specs almost no one is going to randomly hit you because they don't want you to tap (or even double tap) them back, whereas someone can always break you if you try to get a good balance.

Because they are getting so many free acres from all the noobs at the bottom they will grow to your size and wave the heck out of you within a few days. In general, the smaller a KD stays in protection the greater their waving potential, the faster they can grow, and the faster they can war.

Oh, and you can get 7000 specs on a lot less acres.
    Last edited by Dudely; 01-02-2010 at 19:30.

Thread Information