Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with Gnome/rogue

Regular

Help with Gnome/rogue

I'm going to be a Super Thief this age, what should my strat look like?

Post Demon
    You're definitely on your own if you play Gnome!!

I'd imagine you'd want Thieves Dens, Forts, Guard Stations though if you are going to just be a thief and nothing else. Probably homes too to get better population for high defence and high tpa.

Enthusiast
    "Help with Gnome/rogue"

Reset.

Are u plan to grow or just to stay small and go honor whore? If u plan to grow then gnome/shep is a lot better pick for pure thief.

Post Fiend
    I suggest either forts OR Guardstation (probably only the former) and not both.

He wants to be a super thief, so rogue is the only choice to go. Do you plan to dabble in magic for instance? I suggest you do so because it's been a long time since a pure thief can do enough damage. I would recommend you keep the rogue though, 5 stealth an hour is nothing to sneeze at.

Get around 13 epa (for defense mainly), should give you 65 dpa, with 15% forts at 100%BE and mp on that's 81.3 dpa. not enough to block all attacks but made up somewhat because of your low nwpa. You can probably afford more defense if you're willing to drop 1-2 tpa off your super thief strat. 15-20% dens are a must too, i suggest around 20% homes as well to boost the numbers a bit.

Well , is like 1 more stealt vs being unbreakable. This is why i ask him what he plan to do , if he grow then better to be shep not just becose of pop bonus but becose will be easy to overgrow his KD attackers with exploring OOW. With shep he can easy go over 100 dpa while maintain very good tpa and "some" economy. If he plan to stay small and honor whore then rogue is better ofc.

Post Fiend
    He mentioned Super thief, that's why i don't think 4 stealth an hour is going to satisfy that :) Besides, rogue gets nice ops to make it a Super thief.

Yea, but agreed with you if he wants to be unbreakable, shep is a better choice. I don't encourage unbreakable though, hence the suggestion that should pin dpa at around 80.

I played T/M last age with 110DPA about 3 weeks from EoA and i still got broken somewhat easy. After that my income went down a lot and other unpleasant problems. No more SuperThief or SuperMage, go Hybrid.
    You being Gnome with no hosps it takes 2-3 attacks and the war is kinda over for you.

Post Demon
    Ah! The malady of modern society hits again, inserting the spurious word "super" where it is totally un-necessary. If you are a thief, you are a thief, it doesn't need to be called superthief. If you are attempting to be a pure thief, but aren't good at thievery then you have just failed. There is no super. Do or do not, there is no try!

Post Fiend
    I'm playing SUPER ATTACKER

I'm playing Superman.

I also picked as gnome/rogue for AW. Feel like gnome gives best for rogue than human or avian.

Post Fiend
    if you are going to play a gnome wizzie assassinator, do it damn well.

Post Fiend
    They should be decent this age with +2 stealth. Unfortunately, their numbers might not be sufficient to play a/t and will probably have to stick with t/ms.

Regular
    I believe they can only stick to pure T.... :P

If I were to take gnome/rogue, my strat:
    20% homes, 25% forts, 30% TD, 10% guilds, 5% farms, 10% banks/armouries

add in some pop science

go 14EPA, with at least 5TPA raw, 1 WPA raw. You get roughly 95DPA, at very low networth compared to attackers with 95 OPA (prob around 20% lower networth)

Steal whatever food/runes you need. The rest to do NS/AW on suitable targets.

Hit out of war anonymously to gain lands instead of exploring...I think very rarely will I be caught as it's gonna be really tough to get my SOM.

Thread Information