Thread: Sage or Shepherd

Sage or Shepherd

So, I was thinking of going Elf/Sage or Shepherd, but I'm not sure which one would be of more use.

With sage I can get extra science with FoK, but the problem is that its going to be difficult to hold on to that science.

Shepherd is nice with the pop bonus too, and I don't need to worry about the plague, not that too many people are going Orc.

Which one would be more beneficial for someone in a warring kingdom? Thanks :)

Regular
    If I had to play Elf it would have to be Sage. With FoK the new Sage can be crazy good. And as far as the 10% pop bonus of the Shepherd you should be able to match that rather quickly. As far as keeping the sci? Not a lot of people do Learns on Sages and you shouldn't have to worry about Amnesia if you run decent/high WPA, and if you do you can in fact be the one casting Amnesia on the other Sages.

Post Fiend
    Just to let you know if you intend to pick sage just because of FOK, don't, it gives you only about 5% more science effect (10% more science pts assumed), that's very minor.

I agree though that you're unlikely to need to worry about learns till end of age, and then again, not really unless you have too much science.

Sage will help quite a bit in playing a supporting mage role as you can have more runes/wpa etc. while shepherds may help in drafting the extra pop (slightly more attack inclined i feel), but both are decent choices for elf a/ms.

Good point, although I think that Sage with say 10-15% homes and 10-15% libraries and a lot of housing science could pretty much equal a shepherd with 10-15% homes.

Would another personality be better for an A/M than sage (other than mystic)?

Post Demon
    Libraries are useless unless you have boatloads of science. Relying on high science with Sage is a high risk, potentially high reward strategy. Shepherd is a more stable and predictable.

Depends whether you want a more high risk strategy or not really. If you don't manage to get and maintain really strong science then Sage is kind of wasted, if you do it can be very nice.
    Last edited by pmyraje; 31-01-2010 at 11:13.

Post Fiend
    Sage would be suitable, maybe artisan would be decent too because of the improved guilds and rune production. (Need less guilds to maintain the 20% max effect)

Thread Information