Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Human Shepherd

Human Shepherd

I would like to know what you guys see as a good build strat for a Human Shepherd who mainly aims at doing explore/thief at the start and attacker/thief later on...

My current idea was to have this kind of build once my def is build. But I am not sure if it makes a lot of sense:

15% homes
    5% farms
    20% mills
    10% guilds
    5% towers
    45% banks

Please shoot as this is my first age...

you should not need that many farms, why are you building mills for gods sake?

shep already has -30% explore costs, so your mills are less effective. i would get some Armouries so you can draft harder, and train cheaper.

The mills is because - as I wanted to explore - I assume that explore costs will be big (especially as I see that costs keep raising for every acre). But you seem to say that it is not required. So lets take this.

15% homes
    3% farms
    22% arms
    10% guilds
    5% towers
    45% banks

I am wondering if:
    - I need these homes and banks at all (as I am human shepherd), or if even more armories are better
    - I have enough guilds (wizard don't seem to breed a lot :-) )
    - I need some other kind of protection (watchtowers, ...)
    - I planned for 70 dpa and 0 opa in my explore-fase. Enough/good ?

Enthusiast
    what good are homes if you're constantly exploring ?
    less banks needed if your pez have jobs
    jobs = $
    homes = lazy
    i'd keep guilds =>15%
    and i'd run ~15% Forts

anything >25% is a waste

dwarfs will break 85dpa with elites home
    stuck between an asinine and redundancy

homes = BR boost, not sure if a shep would need it - depends on amount explored

So i would better change homes or banks for forts and put some more guilds...

I didn't receive a comment yet about science. Maybe libs or schools instead of forts ?

Post Demon
    I'd favour guard stations over forts. If someone is capable of breaking you then they certainly will do. Guard stations will make attacks from a decent NW above you totally un worthwhile.

anyone else some thoughts ?

15% homes
    3% farms
    22% arms
    15% guilds
    5% towers
    20% banks
    20% forts/watchtowers

Still a few open/unsure points for me:
    - I still am not sure about removing the homes fully. Because I have the feeling that in that case, my number of peasants will drop too much. At the other hand, attackers have a lot more military. Till what draft level can you sustain your army ?
    - Should i go for libs/schools instead of forts/watchtowers?
    - I have the impression that more then 11 dspa (=66dpa raw) is really a lot. Are there really a lot of people able/willing to break this ? Even if offense mods are higher then defense mods...

Postaholic
    You will need 120+ dpa to be safe late age.

Quote Originally Posted by CheLord View Post
    anyone else some thoughts ?

15% homes
    3% farms
    22% arms
    15% guilds
    5% towers
    20% banks
    20% forts/watchtowers

Still a few open/unsure points for me:
    - I still am not sure about removing the homes fully. Because I have the feeling that in that case, my number of peasants will drop too much. At the other hand, attackers have a lot more military. Till what draft level can you sustain your army ?
    - Should i go for libs/schools instead of forts/watchtowers?
    - I have the impression that more then 11 dspa (=66dpa raw) is really a lot. Are there really a lot of people able/willing to break this ? Even if offense mods are higher then defense mods...
    forts - schools wont help you

66dpa raw is real low - you can get 60ish opa with just specs, and this age elites are quite strong.

Post Fiend
    if you're going to explore go with the guard stations not forts, you will be hit because you don't have any offense. Having no offense means someone will hit you because you can't hit them back. Just accept that and build guard stations so you don't lose as much land. That way you can ignore all the attacks and just keep on exploring acres happily, until that is so boring you raze your stuff and build a proper attacking strat :)

Post Demon
    You said you plan to be explorer/thief so why are you considering WTs, but not TDs? Do you basically mean you are pure explorer and the thievery is just to keep you in posh clothes and the like rather than to do proper thievery?

@pymraje

I actually meant guard stations, not watch towers (it was based on your suggestion). Because I do aim to do thievery ops.

Thread Information