Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *Important regarding CE Formatters!*

*Important regarding CE Formatters!*

I have just beat my head against a wall the past 2 hours to figure out why my war papers are not formatting correctly.

The BS Boyz made an update, THAT'S WHY!

Look at yesterday's paper... you'll see this:

AttackingProvince(x:xx) <----- no space between prov name and location

Look at today's paper... you'll see this:

AttackingProvince (x:xx) <----- space between prov name and location

So the CE formatters at Dragonportal.net and unwantedcreations.com are seeing the attacking provs from today's paper as completely different provs and are separating them out on the results.

I have notified the developers of both sites of this issue and they will be looking into it and fixing it soon.

I just didn't want others to wonder what the hell is happening.

Nice job oh ninja programmers! *sarcasm*
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

hmmmm

that sucks!!! lol

now when would it be best for me to add this new change...

i guess i will wait 1-2 days...

just ot make sure they wont change it back the way it was...

(btw it started from July 2 of YR1 )

actually it did start on July 1. but not at the beginning, somewhere in the middle.

Also, and i'm not sure if this is going to be a bug or not, the first hit after the update there was a space in front of the prov name. but his was the only one. i will check that tomorrow.
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

"This site is in no affiliation with Jolt Online Gaming and as such cannot be held responsible for being temporarily incompatible with changes in the formatting"
    ^^ should be added as a disclaimer

Seriously Luth... it's not that hard to fix (and 2 hours to figure it out? We both know it didn't take that long.)

Download Windows
    Press "Windows" + R

Type notepad and press enter
    Paste CE in notepad
    Press CTRL + H
    type " ("
    type "("
    replace all.

Sigh... It's not a bug, it's a feature!
    Just say "yes" and I'll go away.

Hallo, just stfu and get out of my face, will ya?

there was a problem that took me a while to see what exactly was happening. if i had KNOWN what the problem was, i simply would have fixed it, so D'OH, i'm not an idiot, though you seem to think i am.

it was me and another person in #strategy that worked together to actually identify the problem, because it was not immediately apparent as to what the issue actually was. so PLEASE, just stop assuming i'm an idiot and go away.

I guess this is your way of saying "thanks Luth" for finding a problem and letting everyone know...

you're unbelievable...
    ~ Lúthien ~
    Goodnight Utopia

Postaholic
    seems like a fairly trivial change when there are literally a hundred other things they could be fixing or improving...

:(

A similar problem occurs when you try merging CEs
    There is an html copy error that causes a few extra spaces to pop up if you copy from a particular attack down rather than from the date down.
    So, just searching the afflicted prov-names through notepad I found there was a discrepancy, removed the entries to confirm... and fixed the problem.

And it is NOT... *emphasis* a problem.
    Once a few days have passed both formatters should function exactly as they did before (except now they'll record the provinces name with a space)... Bijo technically doesn't need to change anything as after the CEs pile up thats all that will be left.

Sean and Brian added this in for whatever reason, and it should not be their job to update, nor comply to, third party software.
    Last edited by Hallo; 14-02-2010 at 00:09. Reason: polities

did i say ANYWHERE that i expected B&S to be sensitive to the outside software? no. i just said they made a minor change without warning us or telling us they did it, and now the formatters don't work because of it.

I initially had a txt file in which i copied it with headers, but that in itself was a problem because of the way the dates copy out of order. so i removed the dates and it was still an issue.

the ONLY space issue had to do with a change they made in which they have added a space after the attacking prov name. and it's not "obvious" as you state.

my ONLY goal with this thread was to inform people of the problem, so they didn't have an issue with it and spend time trying to figure it out as well, when i had already done it.

im SO sorry for trying to help...

it doesn't seem to matter what i do on these forums, even my helpful posts get flamed, and it's assumed i'm just some dumb old woman who doesn't know her head from a hole in the ground.

and why the hell do you care how it makes me look? isn't that MY problem?

you're welcome...
    Last edited by Luth; 14-02-2010 at 00:23.
    ~ Lúthien ~
    Goodnight Utopia

Chil..

Chill guys.. Luth only reported the bug to the community and did his best to inform people. I don't know why you feel like bashing on him.

I personally thank him for submitting this issue to me and I hotfixed UPCF to make it works with the new and the old paper display.

Postaholic
    thanks luth :)

Quote Originally Posted by LTDL View Post
    Chill guys.. Luth only reported the bug to the community and did his best to inform people. I don't know why you feel like bashing on him.

I personally thank him for submitting this issue to me and I hotfixed UPCF to make it works with the new and the old paper display.
    her :)

and thank you for the quick fix!
    ~ Lúthien ~
    Goodnight Utopia

@LTDL: Thanks for the link to UPCF. I didn't know that one. :)

<edit> But hey, the welcoming message displays the date as 2011, instead of 2010.
    You should fix that also, lol.
    Last edited by Havik; 14-02-2010 at 00:29.

Hahaha hotfixed date as well :P

Quote Originally Posted by Luth View Post
    did i say ANYWHERE that i expected B&S to be sensitive to the outside software?
    Nice job oh ninja programmers! *sarcasm*

i just said they made a minor change without warning us or telling us they did it, and now the formatters don't work because of it.
    + *sarcasm*

it doesn't seem to matter what i do on these forums, even my helpful posts get flamed, and it's assumed i'm just some dumb old woman who doesn't know her head from a hole in the ground.
    Because Luth... you overstep your bounds... and are overly aggressive...
    If you want to be helpful, BE helpful...
    If you want to insult Sean, Brian, and Spirtcreeper... figure out what you're talking about and then... insult them...

But you can't have both at the same time.

and why the hell do you care how it makes me look? isn't that MY problem?
    Because you care about how I view you, my dear. If you don't want me to view you as, shall we say, slow... then don't act slow.
    Don't exaggerate times just to make a point, and also stop stepping so far outside your bounds.

I can't see it taking longer than 15min to find an error as simple as that... you saying it took you two hours for what would take me less than 15min seems to open yourself up for attack.

My assumption is that you really only spent 15min on it and are bloating it to once again jab at Sean and Brian *because you can*
    If this "is" incorrect then may I suggest conferring with more than one person, perhaps making a thread to provoke discussion?

*Question: Didn't this occur LAST age as well?

so i spent 2 hours on it? how does that make me "slow"? it just means i have bad eyes, and i did in fact consult with someone else about it on #strategy, and after quite some time he finally saw where the difference was.

and i most certainly don't see YOU being very helpful. your main goal in life is to flame the hell out of me, and frankly i'm sick and tired of you being in my face.

Not all of us can be as perfect as you are, so excuse me for taking 2 hrs to do a task that you "think" you could have done in 15 minutes.

Excuse me for attempting to be helpful in notifying the devs of the CE Formatter sites.

Excuse me for attempting to make the community aware of a problem that i found because of an update.

And excuse me for being so passionate about the game that i love while i'm watching it being driven into the grown faster than a for sale sign on a foreclosure... and i will continue to be passionate and vocal until the game is fixed, or it's dead.

and if i want to insult the ninja programmers, i'll insult them because they don't communicate with us when they make changes, and even the most inconsequential of changes to them DO in fact have consequences in other areas. how difficult would it have been for them to make a post in announcements that says "hey, we put the rankings up, they're in the lobby and while we were at it we made a change to the paper, adding a space".

that took me like 12 seconds? but they fail at communication in the tradition of jolt.

and didn't WHAT occur last age as well?
    Last edited by Luth; 14-02-2010 at 00:51. Reason: because Hallo is PISSING ME OFF
    ~ Lúthien ~
    Goodnight Utopia

Thread Information