Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fix forums!

Fix forums!

I'm sure we all agree

Enthusiast
    Shut up

There are other issues that should have higher priority.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Such as what? Please tell me Mag.

Considering S&B having absolutely nothing to do with the forums, tell me what exactly is a higher priority for Poons than getting these piece of **** forums looking like they were designed by someone who's balls dropped.

Enthusiast
    Bull, that's just popular talk. This is repeating the same nonsense to score points with the rest of the lot. Well, surprise buddy, there are people that like the change.
    Besides some other color, nothing has really changed. You're still able to post, edit and troll. Just pathetic to cry over this.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Pre-update: I felt completely comfortable browsing through the forums.
    Post-update: I'm almost ashamed to be seen on such a childish looking place.

It's pathetic to want to feel comfortable posting here? Right. And btw, I don't post to 'score points'. There are plenty of people here who absolutely hate me and there's some that don't mind me. I don't give a damn either way.

Also, thanks for completely ignoring the question and completely disregarding facts because 'you don't think so.' Stop being a jackass and answer the question. What exactly does Poons have better to do than the thing that he said he was going to do WEEKS ago?

magma, just stfu and go away

the BS Boyz have nothing to do with these piece of poop forums, so it doesn't take them away from their hard *coughs* work on utopia.

we now have childish cartoons that have absolutely nothing to do with utopia. i feel like i'm in kindergarten when i login here (thank god for adblock)

the only options we have are a blinding white page, or the black page with huge gold lines in between every post.

we keep being promised that something is being done about it, but days and weeks have gone by and.... nothing... nada... zilch... has been done.

They made changes to the forums of an already angered community. what they've done is not how you treat the customers that are your lifeline
    Last edited by Mickster; 04-03-2010 at 21:13.
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

Moderator for:
    Utopia Kingdoms
    Legends of Zork
    Earth
    Utopia
    *sigh* This is just getting so... OLD.

You've been told how to block the obnoxious cartoons. Instructions have also been posted on how to customize your OWN color scheme, should you desire. You've got two different color options - white/blue, and black/yellow. Seriously. Yes, I reported your concerns - but at no point did I ever see anyone *PROMISE* to make any changes. I said I had reported it, and we'd see what happens. Nothing has... yet. Maybe it will, maybe it won't, but nobody made any promises.

You have two built-in options, which is one more than a lot of boards provide. It's been weeks now. Can't you all just adapt to change instead of starting the 20th thread on this same topic??? It really isn't that bad. You still have exactly the same options - in fact, you have one MORE (multi-quote). If the color scheme is really that offensive to you, look up the post with the instructions to customize it. If the cartoon characters are so offensive, follow the instructions posted to block them. Yeesh. It's almost like y'all are just looking for something to cry about.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    link for customizing our own colors?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Kingdoms
    Legends of Zork
    Earth
    Utopia
    You'll have to search for it... someone made a thread about how to modify the CSS to customize your color scheme, but I can't remember who. It was posted just a couple of days after the forum changes, IIRC.

And sorry folks, that last post sounded decidedly *****y. lol I didn't mean to be *****y.

Patience, you keep "saying" there is a post on how to customize our own colors, but exactly where is it? i never saw it, and i'm sorry i don't really have the time to search these forums to find it.

and the 2 options we've been given are 2 of the crappiest options ever. BLINDING white, or black with massive gold bars. these are options? LOL give me a break

They also don't function properly... the old forums had the option to go to the last "viewed" post. this one does not, it simply takes you to the "last" post. period.

when a thread has multiple pages, it was nice to be able to know where i last left off. now i cannot and have to re-read constantly.

these forums are almost as pathetic as the ingame forums.
    Last edited by Luth; 02-03-2010 at 19:29.
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I just searched the forum for 'Customizing' and only this thread showed up. You have a much better idea of where this mystery thread is than I do

Moderator for:
    Utopia Kingdoms
    Legends of Zork
    Earth
    Utopia
    It specifically referred to somehow modifying the CSS. I've tried searching for 'CSS', but unfortunately the forums don't allow you to search on something that short. I'm at work, so I can't spend a lot of time looking (and to be honest I'm not even sure it was posted on this particular board, it could have been any Utopia board). I'll try to have a look for it when I get a chance.

[EDIT: And it may have had something to do with a Firefox plugin...]
    Last edited by Patience; 02-03-2010 at 19:51.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Kingdoms
    Legends of Zork
    Earth
    Utopia
    After 30 seconds of googling:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/entry...8PDF-Documents

From one of the posts on the same thread:
    'Lots of useful info in there for style changes and once you get used to the different sections its very easy to modify the look the forum.'
    Last edited by Patience; 02-03-2010 at 20:07.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Luth View Post
    Patience, you keep "saying" there is a post on how to customize our own colors, but exactly where is it? i never saw it, and i'm sorry i don't really have the time to search these forums to find it.
    Luth 5,102 posts. I find it hard to believe the "I don't have time" complaint.

and what exactly did i do to deserve that flame?

i'm old, i'm sick, i'm tired. i don't have the time nor the energy to look thru page upon page of stuff to find out how to fix something that shouldn't have needed fixing in the first place.
    ~ Lúthien ~
    Goodnight Utopia

Thread Information