Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: filling the jobs

filling the jobs

I'm curious to know how to fill all of these jobs?

Our Economy

Peasants 4032
    Jobs 13650
    Unemployed Peasants 0
    Unfilled Jobs 9618
    Employment 100%
    Daily Income 10022
    Daily Wages 5210

I'm playing as a TM, and have been slowly taking out the guilds and replacing with homes.
    But it doesn't seem to help with my peasant population, and filling jobs.

my build looks like this...
    Homes: (38.1%)
    Farms: (5.5%)
    Banks: (2%)
    Forts: (5.3%)
    Guilds: (25%)
    Thieves' Dens: (9.9%)
    Watch Towers (8.4%)

any advice would be appreciated. // thanks in advance

Your military draft is too high.

You're also running an insane amount of homes and you don't need watch towers.

2% banks isn't doing much either.

Sir Postalot
    basically, if your BE is >90% you dont need to worry =)

WT AND TD's as a T/M..... wtf?

and what endee said...
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

Post Demon
    You don't benefit from filling all jobs anyway. Only need 2/3 of them filled for max effect on BE. Only thing you can do to fill more is to get more peasants, seeing as how you already overbuilt homes by a mile.

I was kind of under the assumption that homes would bring more population//peasants.

my original build was 45% guilds.
    but in trying to fix the BE // fill jobs, I have been rebuilding the homes in place of those guilds and a few % of other areas.

----
    on the comments above ""TD & WT's... WTF""... what do you mean? that doesn't help me?
    I thought you need TD's, to be more successfull in thief ops???
    I thought you need WT's to make others fail at thief ops???

--
    Hope someone can help clarify my peasantry//BE problems, and explain why a TM doesn't need TD and WT's.
    (thanks in advance)

if your TPA is high normal hybrids wont be able to break you so you dont need to worry about having WT

Post Demon
    There is simply no need to keep a 100% BE, and either way you don't need that many homes to accomplish it even if you wanted to.As a t/m you're focused on defense, and defensive troops are not networth efficient. So you should be trying to get more defensive modifiers rather than bloat by adding troops.

You should never run td's and wt's at the same time, because if you're actually making good use of the td's, nobody will be using thieves against you. And if you're not, then they're just a waste of space.

never run WT and TD at the same time. You dont need to fill all jobs just aim to have over 90% BE. Science also helps

really appreciate the advice guys.

so in "GENERAL" would a DE/mystic - TM build look like this; on a "normal//casual" day?...

06% farms
    34% banks
    15% forts
    30% guilds
    15% armouries // Schools

really appreciate the help guys. thanks

Post Demon
    You haven't really given all that much information, but by the looks of it you are somewhere round 900 acres. At that size you really should have more than 4000 peasants, irrespective of the effect on BE. That is only ~4.5 peasants per acre. For BE and for income and for risk of overpopulating that is far too few.

Homes can be useful, but only if you use them intelligently. Using them just to increase your BE without thinking what that BE is used for is not a good idea. If you have 38% homes then whatever your BE is it is only applied to a maximum of 62% of your land. If you took out those 38% homes you would have BE applied to 100% of your land so could manage with it being quite a bit lower and still have the same overall effect.

Running some homes for extra population in general can certainly be a good idea - I try to run 15-18% of them. 38% is far too many though and you seem to be mis-using the extra population.

I can only assume that the following are true:

a) You have quite a high draft
    b) You have a high wpa

Don't forget that wizards come out of your overall population on top of your draft rate so if you have 65% draft and then another 25% of your population is wizards that leaves you with very few peasants.

45% guilds as a Mystic is going to take away a vast amount of your peasants to become wizards if you keep it up for any length of time. Take a look at your wpa and see if it is really necessary. If it is a sensible level then either your tpa or your dpa are too high.

Quote Originally Posted by pmyraje View Post
    You haven't really given all that much information, but by the looks of it you are somewhere round 900 acres.

a) You have quite a high draft
    b) You have a high wpa

45% guilds
    If it is a sensible level then either your tpa or your dpa are too high.
    Damn PMYRAJE!!!... you KNOW your stuff!!...

I'm sitting on 900 acres
    70% draft rate
    8wpa
    3.5tpa

I'm still at a slight loss at what I might want to do to fix this mess.

Regular
    your draft is like 90% then...

Post Demon
    What is your dpa? Personally I would say you really don't need 8 raw WPA to be an effective Mage. A lot depends on who you intend to target. If you want to be targeting other Mages with spells then you do need very high WPA of course, but if you are just planning to target attackers you shouldn't really need more than 5-6 raw WPA.

By my calculations you must have somewhere around 17-17.5 def specs per acre giving you of the order of ~85 raw dpa. I would suggest that you should move those WTs into Forts and lower your raw defence slightly, maybe by 1-1.5 def specs/acre.

As others have said, you don't need to have massive BE, but if you have 38% homes and very low BE then you do need to do something about it.

Personally, if I were you I would stop wizard production temporarily and grow to 1200 acres - then you will have ~6 raw WPA. Then you should lower guilds too because 10% (@ 100% BE) will give you the maximum spell effect as a Mystic. Someone else will know this better than me, I'm not sure if the spell effectiveness property from guilds is BE-affected (someone told me it isn't for slef-spells). If it is then you will want more than 10% guilds to compensate for your lower BE, but you don't need more than 15% since you already have more than enough wizards.
    Last edited by pmyraje; 07-03-2010 at 11:16.

TD has offensive and defensive value
    WT has defensive value ...

better TD = higher thievery effectiveness = better mod tpa = a decently good protection plans for .. err 5k gc/hr =)

TD/WT combo no longer is relevant ... WT use to used to have lose protection, but it's gone!

Hope this answer your previous ignored question.

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

Post Demon
    TDs are crap for thief defense unless you actually have some raw defense to modify. WTs don't depend on thieves at all.

Thread Information