Thread: Ambush calculation

Ambush calculation

Just need a clarification here.
    [(ospec no*dspec def pts)+(elite no*elite def pt)]*0.8= raw amt of off req to be sent to ambush.
    Is the above formula correct? According to wiki, there is no other modifiers which includes the 1.04 modifier as well rite?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    not QUITE sure about the random factor. I don't believe it is, but I've heard differently

The rest however is correct

Enthusiast
    I'm also interested in this question. Should I oversend 7% on my Ambush to be sure of success, or is it enough to just match the numbers.

My guess is that there is a random factor. But I cannot conclude that from my experience. Whenever I oversent by 3% or 4% the Ambush went through. I can't yet report an occasion when I oversent by just a little bit and failed. Maybe others can...

Ambush has no random element but it's important to know that specs defend with the value of def specs for that race. This means human o-specs defend with 80% of 5 and Elf o-specs defend with 80% of 6.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Danrelle View Post
    I'm also interested in this question. Should I oversend 7% on my Ambush to be sure of success, or is it enough to just match the numbers.
    If there is a random factor, you would only have to oversend by 4%. The troops out on an SoM are always 100% accurate.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    If there is a random factor, you would only have to oversend by 4%. The troops out on an SoM are always 100% accurate.
    Ofc, I knew that - silly me. Thank you!

No random factor on Ambush.. *notes it down*. Ok, sounds easy enough to check. Cheers!

Thread Information