Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why was Utopia removed from the forum list? pt II

Forum Fanatic
    Prince Blood please just go away.

Scottie couldnt have made it clearer or said it better.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Quote Originally Posted by copious View Post
    /me o_O Anri.

Hmm, yea we could clear out scripted provs but the respawn would be self-defeatist.

I actually think sean and brian should develop a payment system to use utopia, maybe via mobile phone accounts or something...
    As an added foolproof, its not tied to actual phone number but rather... a portal/database that records payment.

Sure provs can still be scripted, but if they'd like to pay 250 USD/Month to script 10 kingdoms, sure, they should do it. ^_^
    The focus seems to be money and i think its mitigated by enforcing some form of payment somewhat, and attaching cost has not only the benefit of sustaining cost but also dissuading scripting.

Serious players who dont change mobile accounts can choose recurring payment. with a player base of 10k, that brings 10k USD/mth, 120k USD/ year.

Surely that in itself is some form of protection, making every prov, scripted or not, payable. the more people script, the more jolt gets.

#i would s****** at 10k scripted provs floating utopia though#

Make payment cheap and affordable, financially costly for abusers, thereby conserving the player base.
    Another idea is for KD-level payment(remove ads please)
    #ads might not even be needed by then.

Would i pay 25 USD/Month to float my KD? YES.

They need to know that they cant do it alone, and let the paying power of those who play utopia well and often, help them.
    The force is with us, its just how Sean and Brian Harness it, the idea of 'free' extinguishes fast if you don't find workable methods to sustain overheads.

Use paypal
    Outwit! .. Outlast! .. Outplay!

Postaholic
    its hard enough to get players to the game, without having to get them to pay before they can start aswell

Thread Information