Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Very Important Announcement!!!***

Moderator for:
    Utopia Kingdoms
    Legends of Zork
    Earth
    Utopia

Exclamation ***Very Important Announcement!!!***

I know I haven't been around long, and I know you don't know me. But I genuinely want to help you get what you need to keep this game operational, functional, and enjoyable. So in the interest of one big, last-ditch, all-out attempt to improve things, I beg your indulgence.

I propose a temporary ceasefire while I attempt to get you some answers.

Several of you have taken the battle to the main Jolt forums and are either banned or are on the verge of being banned. While I may not agree with your tactics, I definitely do not agree with the way you're being gagged... but that is not within my control. Surprisingly, it's not even in the control of some of the people doing the banning/moving/deleting. Both sides are miffed and have dug in their heels, and we effectively have a stalemate on our hands.

I propose the following:

1) We (Utopians) will stop disrupting the main Jolt forums and take a chill pill for a period of 1 week.

2) We (Utopians) will come up with a short list of non-judgmental questions we need answered.

3) I will do my level best to get us our answers before the week is up.

4) We understand that we may not like the answers, but we will at least GET some... and from there we try to get a decent line of communication going. No more forum wars, no more being ignored.

What do you think? Can we agree to these terms? Can we come up with a short list (say 4 - 5) relevant questions for me to send on? I'm only posting on this board, so please use your contacts to direct other players here. I think we can resolve this if we want to... but it'll take a community effort.

========EDIT===============

Here are the questions I sent on to be answered:

1. Is Utopia in active development at this time?

2. What does Jolt need from the community to keep Utopia running?

3. Is there any way the community could assist in the moderation/development of the game?

4. Is there any plan in place to facilitate linking Utopia back to the main Jolt forums? What is required by Jolt to make this happen?

5. How can we better manage communication between the community and the developers?

6. Are there plans in place to improve lag/ticking/detection and deletion of scripts/cheaters??

7. Is there a plan in place to promote Utopia (Classic) to attract more players?
    Last edited by Patience; 18-03-2010 at 17:16. Reason: Added final questions

While i appreciate your post, Patience, I have a few questions of my own:

if we do come up with this list, where is the guarantee that jolt will in fact live up to their end of the deal?

THEY are the ones who have dug in their heels, not us... we gave them plenty of time, and plenty of patience before we got angry, yet they continue to choose to NOT communicate with us on any level whatsoever.

and have we not already come up with a list of VERY reasonable questions over the past weeks?
    Last edited by Luth; 16-03-2010 at 19:26.
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

many of the community have been quiet. However, over the course of time that jolt/omac has owned Utopia, we have gotten very little communication from jolt/omac.
    The game developers stopped updating their blog in december, and the last communication from them is like a month ago.

A serious lack of communication is the issue, and when the people in the community take it upon themselves to attempt to get answers or any kind of communication from the people who run/own/host the game we play, they get gaged, banned, deleted, moved, and censored.

The community has given jolt/omac and frontsquare plenty of time, and in return we get nothing in return at best.....
    I'm aspiring to conspire.
    01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011
    00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101

srsly..

The game is buggy and so slow it seems to be running on a Pentium 133.

But eh, it's still free. Imo live with it and hope for the best or just quit. You guys make it sounds like it's a capital issue.

People need to relax. I know this game is very important and dear to our heart, but it's still just a game.

Veteran
    The problem is, people aren't only upset because of Jolt's action of ignoring questions in the forums. The biggest problem is the total neglect towards utopia. The current scripter problem was spotted well before the provinces came out of protection, yet nothing was done. I don't see how the fact that such a severe issue is ignored can be explained in any other way than that Jolt has decided to let Utopia die.

So, here's my question, one I asked many times before: What are Jolt's short-term plans for Utopia? What are the longer term plans? Will problems like we have now (scripters, but also the lag, other forms of cheating, (abusable) bugs) be dealt with (in a timely manner) in the foreseeable future?

It seems every time I make a new topic in the jolt threads, my posts get moved back here. It's like a deep pit that we can't climb out of,

I made one thread before I read this one, so I'll agree to the "ceasefire" on a few conditions.

1) My post doesn't get deleted. It's "on topic" this time, and it is supposed to be a discussion on several games which jolt has taken over.

http://forums.joltonline.com/showthr...t-your-stories

2) We see some activity.. If we stop posting, and they still don't do anything or respond, do we have carte-blanche to continue our current actions?

3) Lydias actually decides to respond to our posts instead of repeating policy and not giving any answers.

4) No one gets banned to shut them up.

Edit: Oh, look at that, my thread is ALREADY gone. And it was COMPLETELY valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky75 View Post
    Seeing as my last post was too specific for you, perhaps we could have a discussion about a few different games which Jolt seems to have taken over. This is now a matter of general Jolt policy. I ask that every game which has a problem with the developers post (possibly here) to see if this is just a game-specific thing, or if it is company-wide for all games Jolt has taken over.

From experience, Utopia seems to not have any developers or admin visiting the forum any more, and the game is falling to disrepair. There is rampant cheating, the server takes 30 seconds to load every page, and there are bugs which have been around for 2 ages which have yet to be resolved, even simple ones.

Do devs or admins read the forums anymore? If they don't , why not? If they do, WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY? Why are they missing in action? Is this something we can expect from every game JOLT develops from now on? Can we get some specific answers to our questions instead of just MOVING THE THREAD TO THE SUBFORUMS AND THEN DELETING THE LINKS TO THOSE SUBFORUMS FROM YOUR MAIN PAGE SO IT ISN'T AN EMBARRASSMENT? Clearly (I would hope) you read these threads before moving them, so why not actually respond at the same time?

I know Londinivm has similar issues, as do other games. You even closed down a bunch of similar games which you acquired. Again, is this something we can expect from Jolt? Some sort of policy? THERE! Now it doesn't fit in any one of the subcategories ,so it deserves to be in the main/global support forum.

I would again like to point out that if you continue to not allow us to post the problems on the main forums in a place that is meant for it, we could always seek outside publicity instead. I'm sure that it would do wonders for the "Jolt" brand of games, no?
    Last edited by Lucky75; 16-03-2010 at 19:39.

1) why is nothing being done to remove the scripters running riot on utopia at the moment? It seems a simple 15 minute 'delete' job. They are killing your advert clicking credit buying customers.
    (I suspect they have access to the admin section of the website, please review your security)

2) is utopia currently being developed? players have seen no posts, fixes or improvements and are worried for the future of the game. We've put up with alot of problems for a while now and everyone realises that their is no quick fix, some reassurance of future progression is always appreciated though.

I dont need to take all five :)

Love ya Patience :P. Thanks for taking the time to do this.
    SYNERGY
    #synergy

>> Finn
    >> Formerly in Copy Cats, Lothlorien, and Pyromaniacs

Is Wizzy secretly a gay fish?

* &Wizard likes fishsticks
    <&Wizard> I love putting fishsticks in my mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Yadda9To5 View Post
    What are Jolt's short-term plans for Utopia? What are the longer term plans? Will problems like we have now (scripters, but also the lag, other forms of cheating, (abusable) bugs) be dealt with (in a timely manner) in the foreseeable future?
    Brilliant, saves me typing.

can i get my missing WW and the 3 wrongfully delete provinces as they promised, or at least invites.

add that on the questions also. especially the WW thingie.

and i will accept the apollogizes from Jolt and, even thou i intended not to

LE: patience why do you make your announcement sticky and mine is not?you want me to discharge from duties tomorrow? perma ban?
    LL fanclub

Post Fiend
    -=Compilation of Questions=-

These are the ones I feel are relevant, are actually questions and not requests, and aren't rhetorical questions intended to be insulting.

1. Have all current and proposed changes to Utopia been halted? If so, why?

2. Is there an actual budget for advertising Utopia to expand the playerbase? Are there actual concrete plans to expand the playerbase beyond a general intent? If so, what are these plans? Are the developers allocated a budget with which to upgrade hardware or advertise Utopia?

3. Will Utopia be maintained in its current state, and are there any plans to shut down Utopia. Are there any plans for OMAC to release ownership of either the new Python code or the Delphi code either by sale or otherwise?

4. What other projects are the Brian & Sean & Spiritcreeper working on?

5. What unannounced bugfixes have been made that Spiritcreeper has been referring to, and why have they not been announced?

6. Are there any plans to bring on board new developers and Community Managers to cope with the situation. If not, have the current developers (Brian, Sean, and Spiritcreeper) been told not to continue work on Utopia beyond maintenance, or is OMAC/Jolt aware and satisfied with their performance?
    Last edited by raviy; 17-03-2010 at 05:06.

no futilities please (vlahul)

There's only one thing I realy want to know. What kind of future does Jolt have in mind for Utopia?
    Do they want to let Utopia continue unatended and just let it dwindle away?
    Do they want to sell it?
    Do they want end the age and stop the game?
    Do they want to end the game, take some time to fix the exploits which are now being abused and then launch a new age in a month or so?
    Or do they plan something else entirely?

edit: corrected a typo
    Last edited by Landro; 16-03-2010 at 19:53.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Kingdoms
    Legends of Zork
    Earth
    Utopia
    Excellent input so far, thanks all! Keep the questions coming, and I'll propose a final list later today when more people have had a chance to post.

Luth, your point is not missed - I know you've all been here before. But I haven't, and I'm asking you to give ME a chance to get some answers. I can't guarantee anything, but I think this is our best bet at the moment.

post redundant due to moderation (wich i approve of)
    Last edited by Scavenger; 16-03-2010 at 20:10.

Thread Information