Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If they can't have it.. no one else can

If they can't have it.. no one else can

Jolt's decision not to do anything with Utopia is indeed saddening

its akin to saying

"if we can't have Utopia, No one else can, lets burn it to the ground so no one can do anything with it"

is this the reason why Jolt's been so selfish as to not sell the game to someone who cares about it?
    someone with the experience to fix such bugs,lags, scripts?

I've been reading the forums intensely for while now..
    i didn't register even when the new code was introduced..
    but i finally have to break my silence..

yes i do admit i was one of those opportunist who farmed those scripters
    but hey... if it was removed from the start.. we wont farm it..
    it was laid out bare wide and open for everybody to see...

I've been playing Utopia for about a year now..
    I really regret not being able to play it during Mehul's time
    Its exciting to hear that the game once boast players up to 100k
    I can only think of such numbers..
    How easy it would be to find wars, to find plunders, learns and what not..

I came into the game early last year..
    got hooked.. and now barely one year later..
    i see the game falling apart due to the dev's arrogant attitude

if they have a shred of conscience left in them
    they will immediately sell it to someone who WILL do the game a favor
    and turn it back to its glory days...

idk what else to say already
    something inside my head is telling me to get ready for the worse
    one day.. we will all try to login
    and find out that the game has been taken apart...

this has been reinforced with the lack of dev's, mods (save for Patience) and helpers
    not to mention the removal of Utopia from the main forums (which is pretty much dead w/o utopia anyway)
    with Bishop (on behalf of Jolt) giving us a half hearted reply for that action

not to mention lydias who used to frequent this forum has been turning deaf ears towards topic started in the main forums, locking threads up, moving them back here

its as if Dylan C had told everybody to not give a **** about Utopia and let it die a slow painful death..
    Dylan C if you're reading this (which i doubt you would) you're a selfish arrogant businessman..
    with that attitude of yours.. you wont get far...

i wish everybody a nice night.. and all the best..
    lets hope the little voice inside my head is wrong

Moderator for:
    Utopia Kingdoms
    Legends of Zork
    Earth
    Utopia
    Okay, let's not go off all half-cocked here. I'll be the last person to say that Utopia is being well-managed. (Aside from the fact that you'd probably all stone me to death if I did, it would just be an out-and-out lie and we'd all know it. lol) And I'd be the first person to point out that communication is abyssmal. But let's look at this logically.

Changes are being made. You don't LIKE the changes necessarily, but work is obviously being done - which would indicate that there is some effort on the part of Jolt to manage and improve the game. Perhaps their direction is misguided, but if they intended to kill the game it's highly unlikely that they would be expending any energy or resources to make changes.

Obviously there's a problem with the way reports of cheating are being addressed. Whether it's an issue with resourcing, a general lack of understanding on what constitutes a cheater, complete apathy, etc., is unclear. Hopefully a couple of us can manage to talk them into giving us the tools to help out. No doubt you wouldn't like everything we decided either, but at least you'd know reports were being actively investigated.

If Lydias is no longer frequenting this forum, it's likely because she's been told not to. I don't pretend to know why, but I think I've talked to her enough to know that she wouldn't just walk away.

Regarding the Utopia forums being disconnected from the main index page... this is more difficult to fathom. They've stated that it's because we didn't accept their 'standard' forum layout' and that we may be 'reconnected' once we agree on an acceptable theme. Hmmm. Not sure I'm buying that party line, but given that there's not a lot we can do about it, I guess we wait and see what happens.

But let's not get all 'TEH SKY IS FALLING!!!!' yet. Save your doom and gloom until they stop making changes altogether. Then I'd say you might have something to worry about. But as long as they're actually doing something, it's a good indication that they are (however misguidedly) trying to improve the game.

work is obviously being done
    They're starting to conceal their work quite well. What work is being done?
    as long as they're actually doing something, it's a good indication that they are (however misguidedly) trying to improve the game.
    Either that, or they're trying to keep us playing for a while longer to milk the game for as much as possible to recover their losses before it dies. It's a plausible theory that they've decided to let it die off slowly, hoping to profit from it through minimal expenses.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Patience - It's not a matter of them giving up on us (which is clearly starting to sink in). It's a matter of us giving up on them and it's getting pretty damn close to that happening.

Changes are being made. You don't LIKE the changes necessarily, but work is obviously being done
    ummm... where? when? how? who?

there has been NO work done, Patience. If there had been, i wouldn't have a list of bugs in the bugs forum TWO AGES OLD. Some of those bugs have existed since ALPHA.

Please do share where work is being done, because i'd certainly like to see evidence of it... instead of invisible devs giving us the finger on a daily basis...
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

*hopes hard........

i do hope that im proven wrong (=

on the part that we were removed from main forum board..

it hurts the community badly...
    its like a slap on the face...
    like a father disowning a child..

which is in essence what it seems like.. Jolt being the father (having taken responsibility over Utopia) and Utopia being the child

i do hope Bishop is right about the artwork-non-compatability issue there
    because if its for the sake of just to alienate us.. its not good for the community's morale

Post Fiend

Show Me

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    Changes are being made.
    Show me a change! C'mon, show me one! ANY change. At. All.

Just show me a single, solitary change in... oh, lets say the last week.

You're hallucinating, Patience.
    Alas, poor Utopia! For 10 years I knew ye well.

actually wolfy i do know of 1 change... a few weeks back, they added a space in the paper that absolutely NO ONE asked for...
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

no need to gb on patience guys...
    this is no flaming thread..

im just stating what i feel and what my opinion are..
    (there are more well founded opinion on this section if you search hard enough)

besides.. she is doing very much by being here and showing that someone from the mod department is here and trying to understand the situation

and she did well to answer my questions and doubts..

no one is flaming patience here... we love patience (see my signature)
    ~ Lúthien ~
    Goodnight Utopia

was pointing to wolfy luth lol

Moderator for:
    Utopia Kingdoms
    Legends of Zork
    Earth
    Utopia
    lol Now I have to turn sigs on again... dammit!

Changes are being made... just in the last couple of weeks, the forums have changed at least twice. :p (Work Safe is back - YAY!) But yeah, I confess... I don't play the game and am only going from what I've seen on the forums. I assumed (and you KNOW what happens when you assume) from posts I had read that changes were being made in the game (resulting in huge problems, but changes nonetheless). Perhaps I misunderstood. ;)

nope, no game changes to my knowledge (other than the space added to the paper a few weeks back).

we don't care about forum changes, we care about changes to our game that's dying faster than the lifespan of a fly...

i have a bugs list in the bugs forum that is massively long... and some of those bugs date back to ALPHA... not just beta, but ALPHA...

THAT'S what we care about...
    ~ Lúthien ~
    Goodnight Utopia

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Patience, when is the last time you saw anything on Luth's massive bug list addressed? Nothing has happened ingame other than scripters killing off good kds and they are quitting.

Postaholic
    the forum changes were stupid, surely if there was any communication between jolts employees, they would have known how stupid it was to put their gobsmacking artwork here

and seen as 90% of jolts users are male and 80% of them between the ages of 18-34, you'd wonder why they'd want childrens artwork all over everywhere

Thread Information