Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If you wish to discuss Utopia's future

I reckon.... utopia should live on.....

Get rid of the cheaters... however u have to!

Those of us who enjoy playing the game for the tough wars and a good battle royal need to have that ability... utopia is 1 of a KIND... can't be left to die..

Sean & Brian.. I say.. u guys have a break.. enable someone u trust to handle simple stuff.... u guys have taken heaps of punishment.. if u disable the game.. for say a year or two.. then bring it back.. u may weed out all the cheaters... i dunno..

but..... I am a true player....... I wanna keep playing and I know heaps that do.... honestly I find it sickening and revolting how peeps wanna destroy something awesome for soo many.. who play an honest game.

Do what u guys gotta do! But let me know if I can still play this game! If u shut it down... let me know when its up and running again haha
    GOooOBDaAAaaAA!! YEEEHAAA!!

Forum Fanatic
    disabling the game wont do anything but kill the game. it sure wont stop the scrypts.thats like putting bubble gum in a crack on the damn. is not a fix.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I think you mean a dam lol

OP edited, will be using #community rather than #strategy for these discussions. Please join if you're interested, very active discussions going on already.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Forum Fanatic
    damn dam

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Lol. I love how this thread hasn't been deleted when it's clear what it's purpose is. Gotta love subterfuge. Saddens me more that I took a look here at the boards.
    SYNERGY
    #synergy

>> Finn
    >> Formerly in Copy Cats, Lothlorien, and Pyromaniacs

Is Wizzy secretly a gay fish?

* &Wizard likes fishsticks
    <&Wizard> I love putting fishsticks in my mouth

Moderator for:
    Utopia Kingdoms
    Legends of Zork
    Earth
    Utopia
    Coruscale... we censor what's posted on these forums, but as far as I'm concerned what people want to discuss outside of this venue is their own business. I didn't think it was right to delete a thread that basically says 'go here to discuss the future of Utopia without being censored', when I'm obviously censoring anything posted here. And if I had, there would have been a jihad of epic proportions on the boards PLUS people would have gotten the word out in other ways anyway.

Discussing to drive the community away from Jolt is an issue to me, it's a self-serving prophecy. And these discussions are limited to a select group no less. And I doubt it has any concern for the original values of the game, considering those who heading it are those who have been the driving points in deviation. All I see is epic failure here, regardless if I care for those people a lot. I don't see them in positions to really lead us in the right direction on that scale. If anything, they're just destroying things.

But whatever. I don't intend to stay here anyway.
    Last edited by Coruscale; 21-03-2010 at 03:38.
    SYNERGY
    #synergy

>> Finn
    >> Formerly in Copy Cats, Lothlorien, and Pyromaniacs

Is Wizzy secretly a gay fish?

* &Wizard likes fishsticks
    <&Wizard> I love putting fishsticks in my mouth

Moderator for:
    Utopia Kingdoms
    Legends of Zork
    Earth
    Utopia
    That's a very important point and it needs to be stressed.

If I get an inkling that there's a movement to steal players away from this game while it is still in existence, I will squash every single reference to it like a bug. I will put on my heavy steel-toed boots and start kicking butts and taking names. I hope I'm making myself clear. Discussing the future of a game whose current future is uncertain is one thing. Deliberately taking action to cause its demise, or to steal the community away, is quite another.

Brung back Happyniss!

NONE OF US want to see the demise of Utopia, but given the current circumstances and situation, it's quite obvious to most, if not all of us that something has to be done in the event of its demise...

which unfortunately does seem to be in the very near future... i myself am considering full retirement very soon despite my attempts to stay until the last nail is driven. but i can't handle the time and stress involved any more...

so it's not catwalk and the others driving me away from the game with their talk of a new venture, it's utopia itself, the devs and owners that are driving me (and MANY others away in droves)
    Last edited by Luth; 22-03-2010 at 04:15.
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

Quote Originally Posted by luth View Post
    none of us want to see the demise of utopia, but given the current circumstances and situation, it's quite obvious to most, if not all of us that something has to be done in the event of its demise...
    qft !!!
    Utopia has to be saved! Join #strategy!

The darkness that surrounds us cannot hurt us. It's the darkness in our own heart that we should fear!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Blood View Post
    Isn't Catwalk the one who brought in legalized cheating? Worked well for the top 50 but kinda ruined it for the rest of the server. There is a very distinct line between SK and not now as a result.
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post
    It doesn't work for the top-50, prince n00b.
    Legalized cheating has been a total failure, and it was crusaded for by Catwalk and friends.
    You're both some dimwit idiots who have no idea what you're talking about. You need to look in the charts to see that you both are morons. In fact many who were ghettos before, because they had activity but not the possibility to trade properly are in top. Take a look at the revival of Hall and KLA. Even a TF kingdom was up there! For many kingdoms worked out pretty well. And what you expected? In 2 ages all ghettos learn how to be in top? In fact I admire those who did, because in top 50, there were 50 places, all occupied and now it's same 50 places, not more, but occupied by many "new" and different kingdoms.

You're saying it didn't worked out for gehttos but in fact you shoudl say "it didn't worked out for us, two stupid trolls, because we're incapable and social retards so we couldn't recruit and keep players.We only know how to troll the forums and our skill in the game is inexistant"

They don't use legalized cheating, since it doesn't give them full control over the provinces, and those lower down either don't have quality people to move in, or run out of moves before the age has even started.
    Also VTnub, I'm anxiously waiting the day you stop telling lies and fabrications. I never understood why you allways try to capitalise on lies when there are countless things you could get image capital.
    At the moment, I can't imagine how retard somebody must be to actually believe what you're saying ...
    Last edited by WolfDGrey; 24-03-2010 at 13:21.

The darkness that surrounds us cannot hurt us. It's the darkness in our own heart that we should fear!

Yes, I see clearly that legalizing cheating has done lots to revitalize the game, the community, and the kingdoms.
    Ghettos on top?

You must be joking.
    So you're saying because viahul can con our overlords into giving him 15 extra moves, and then legally X-log 12 provinces, he's now top?

It's good that we're both on the same page, though. To be top, you must cheat, bend the rules, and do whatever it takes to cling to the charts.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

It's good that we're both on the same page, though. .
    Hey, dumbo, you're comprehension is lower than your skill to twist people's words. So shove it up because it's not working in my case as you allready could feel several times. If you want another wordspanking until you leave the forums again, tell me and I'll deliver it to you, just like the last time, when you tried in vain to corner me.

Edit:
    Yes, I see clearly
    You couldn't see such thing even if it would poke your eye out... and if you'd be able to see it, your brain wouldn't be able to understand it. Trying for trolling doesn't count.
    Last edited by WolfDGrey; 24-03-2010 at 13:34.

Thread Information