View Poll Results: Would you donate to fund further development of Utopia?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 39.06%
  • No

21 32.81%
  • Maybe

18 28.13%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you donate to fund further development of Utopia?

Would you donate to fund further development of Utopia?

And if so, then what amount would you be willing to give?

i wouldn't pay a plug nickel to Jolt... even if i could afford it.
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

Depends on who i pay to really. IF JOLT can promise a better game for a small annual subscription, I will.

Quote Originally Posted by Inka View Post
    Depends on who i pay to really. IF JOLT can promise a better game for a small annual subscription, I will.
    Inka, all they've done IS promise us a better game for TWO YEARS... you would pay based on another (mostly likely un-fulfilled) promise?
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

Well. I have no other option do i? If more money on the game is the way, Im for it. 5-10 dollars a year yes i can do it. I'll do that if someone can get a workable clone with 10k ppl on it too. Too many friends will be lost Luth. I can't let that happen.

Who would pay for a broken product?!?!
    #unforgiven

I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat.
    - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by KrakenDomes View Post
    Broken are not, JOLT has uto in their hands. And im sure they wont give it to anyone else too. So who do i go to even if they are the worst?

Quote Originally Posted by KrakenDomes View Post
    I'm referring to the possibility of improving said broken product. We all know it's broken. What we need to do is to find a way to move forward. And what I'm interested in finding out is whether we as a community would be willing to donate in order to provide them with a financial incentive in return for a greatly improved product. Like it used to be.

The question is not whether you would like to pay for a broken product. The product is broken because of the lack of effort from Jolt as well as the aggressive and constantly complaining mass in these forums. Check the developers announcement on march 18th, where sean tells you the exact same thing. Im pretty sure that as long as we keep treating them like tyrants/a**holes they wont feel very much obliged to actually do anything we ask them for.

I believe what tiyowan wanted to ask is if people would be willing to pay a small amount in order for the game to actually run fine. We all know that Jolt doesnt care much for Utopia anymore and that it's pretty much about to be shut down. Helping out with a small donation might be the small carrot that possibly might stop them from ending the game.

Personally I believe its a great idea! Of course people will say that if the game is gonna cost then a lot of the players will leave. But i dont think so. I believe that the ones still playing this game, despite its huge load times and bad performance, are the ones who love this game enough to be willing to actually fight for its existance and therefore also be able to help out with a small donation.

Agreed.
    Outwit! .. Outlast! .. Outplay!

Veteran
    As much as I care for this game, I wouldn't pay for it. This was always a free online game and it should stay like this. Also any features like: Pay to win, would be very bad for the game imo. (although the sitting is something like that)

This kind of games should have very good visit activity and should support itself from adds. There are so many free text games around that no one would join utopia anymore.
    Last edited by Blitz; 19-03-2010 at 10:32.

If i had any faith in the developers to make this worth paying for, then yes I would have no issues with a reasonable subscription fee. However, unless S&B are willing to display to us that they are competent enough to make a working, non-buggy, lag and tick free game, my faith in them as programmers will not increase enough to warrant my money. If they were to show off other projects that they and FrontSquare has completed, that function as advertised/intended then my opinion of them might increase.
    I am fairly positive that there are many players like myself who would be willing to put forth some money to continue to play utopia, just as I am fairly positive that many people are like me in my assessment of S&B/FrontSquare.
    I'm aspiring to conspire.
    01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011
    00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101

Post Fiend
    i wouldn't pay a plug nickel to Jolt... even if i could afford it.
    Agree, but Jolt might not be the ones that receive the donation...

Post Demon
    I would not pay, for 2 reasons:
    1. I don't trust that the game would be fixed. That's both because I'm unimpressed by S&B's performance so far, and because I honestly don't believe they even have the option to spend more time on uto now that they've moved on to other projects.
    2. It signals giving up on getting more people into the game. I.e. no vision of it becoming better in the future, just CPR to keep it alive.

I would happily click an ad link to some safe material a few times per day though, if S&B started involving the community (not the idiots on this forum) more to actually fix the game.

Veteran
    what Nobody said.
    I am not willing to donate anything to people who so far can't seem to do anything. As it is now, even with donations, they wouldn't bother with it.

Thread Information