Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why shutting down utopia is good

Veteran

Why shutting down utopia is good

(I like to insult others, because I don't get enough attention at home.)

Any more thoughts ? Why you guys think the incoming shut down of the game is good?
    Last edited by Mickster; 19-03-2010 at 23:53.

forthcoming not incoming would be more correct english. nub!
    - Lookin' for Trouble !?!?!

- The greatest form of patriotism is dissent.

Veteran
    Thank you for your patience!

haha ... Mickster :)
    - Lookin' for Trouble !?!?!

- The greatest form of patriotism is dissent.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Kingdoms
    Legends of Zork
    Earth
    Utopia
    *chuckle*

Dear coss

Now that you have been killed and quit the game you are seen as a martyr. A saviour to the World of Utopia that selflessly gave his life for others to live on.

How does this new feeling of heroism suit you? Does it feel awkward? Does it make you spark with a little bit of wellbeing inside you? Do you regret it?
    My post is more right than yours because I am prettier than you.
    ♥ Katje

Veteran
    Dear trekdrop **** like this happened to me/us before. Unfortunately the game is kinda dead itself so we can actually think of going on and spank some nubs. It amazes me the reaction of both players and mods in these forums but is understandable when one of the most cheating bastard in this game is bishop;)

now @ Mickster when you want to express yourself don't edit others posts and write your feelings but make a new one. I don't know if your moderator's job is to insult others but for sure is to to not get involved and side with some while you find it amusing to have actions against what forum members post in here. The most you are allowed to do is remove my post but not edit it as you like so are seen a big tool in here. And yes my post was also about you mods that should behave better.
    Last edited by coss; 20-03-2010 at 07:06. Reason: because I actually wanted to say mods are a stupid joke.

Who is this ghetto?

Quote Originally Posted by coss View Post
    (I like to insult others, because I don't get enough attention at home.)
    Mickster, that is really low.. Why don't you simply quit moderation as obviously you are one of reasons these boards are so aggressive. I don't know if you see that, I think you don't. But ask around anonimously, you will see how many people hate you. Because things like edit above I want to flame again, but I will show my respect to this dying game and not do it. You should show some respect too.
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Why don't you simply quit moderation as obviously you are one of reasons these boards are so aggressive.
    If he was one of the reasons then the boards would have always been agressive cause Mickster always been like that. Maybe you should stop posting, your obvious bias clouds your judgement.

Post Fiend
    In my opinion moderators need to crack down if someone is being insulting or flaming others then ban them. Lets get these boards clear so hopefully a real discussion can go down that might save the future of our beloved game.
    1+2+3+4=10

Moderator for:
    Utopia Kingdoms
    Legends of Zork
    Earth
    Utopia
    I would have cracked down two years ago, but I was afraid you'd all find out where I live. :p

Seriously - I wrote a list of guidelines for these boards (at the top of which was putting a leash on all the personal insults) a long time ago - must have been a couple of years. But it never went anywhere, as I think there was concern that it might start a war. We could go there now, but I think that should be Thundergore's role. He's in touch with the powers that be about what direction things are going, so I'm sure he'll be making some changes...

Enthusiast
    unless the rules cover Mods abusing powers what good will it do. favorites get away with major abuse while others get popped for simple things.does no good to report it because the Mods are not going to say they are wrong and will cover for each other mostly.
    There was no reason for Mickster to edit what he did period. thats not part of the role of a mod.would it have been so hard to simply put "flaming" or something of that nature.but he had to make it personal,yet nothing will be done about it from another Mod will it.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    It is clear I am the best player in the game. I just need a kingdom that will fallow me and take my order. When that happens we can't lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    If he was one of the reasons then the boards would have always been agressive cause Mickster always been like that. Maybe you should stop posting, your obvious bias clouds your judgement.
    You should stop putting my words out of context. I said he's one of reasons, not a reason. There is a huge difference. I am biased, I never said I am not. And if you noticed, I am not posting that much recently (take out awar thread where I posted large ammount of posts in a short period of time).

My point was, that atm, when Uto boards are about to be shut down and when most agreed to stop flaming (I didn't read that large thread but I assume everyone agreed as it's logical move imo) he did what he did. He could simply edit out/delete post without this. But no, he has chosen to add few words. This reminded me of his closing post in some anti-moderation thread last summer where he told some nice-worded insults to the community while banning people for flaming others. And fact that he's like this always is not an excuse. If I can stop flaming, he can stop that too.

So anyways, if you really care about me stop posting because I am obviously biased, I will be happy to delete my account when Mickster is no longer moderator. I know that will never happen but w/e, I will put it still to make you feel better.
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Moderator for:
    Utopia Kingdoms
    Legends of Zork
    Earth
    Utopia
    Mick has a sense of humor, and I'm sure he intended it to be much more lighthearted than you're taking it. He's a good soul (although he'd never admit it)... I've modded with him for the better part of a decade now, and although I don't always agree with everything he does, I'll certainly defend his right to do it. The first post needed moderation - instead of deleting it, he edited in a way he intended to be taken as a joke. So instead of demanding his head on a pike, couldn't you just have a giggle, or edit it back to something less moderation-worthy?

Thread Information