Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE shut down Utopia, it's time

PLEASE shut down Utopia, it's time

It's time to go. Utopia had a good run, but watching it in its current state is like watching a downed horse slowly dying. It's more painful to watch than it is to just put it out of its misery.

I figured the worst would be coming when the devs super powered dwarves at the beginning, and from there it's gotten worse. The age has been tossed in the toilet courtesy of the scripters. Any achievement of any kingdom or province will have an asterik next to its namfe; they probably only achieved what they did by pillaging illegal artificially inflated provinces that start with insane amounts of gc and honor.

People will mourn, some may even cry, others will accept it. The sooner you close it down, the sooner we can move on with our lives and play real games that deserve a chance.

It's time to board up the windows. Shut-her down.

Quote Originally Posted by Poggo View Post
    It's time to go. Utopia had a good run, but watching it in its current state is like watching a downed horse slowly dying. It's more painful to watch than it is to just put it out of its misery.

I figured the worst would be coming when the devs super powered dwarves at the beginning, and from there it's gotten worse. The age has been tossed in the toilet courtesy of the scripters. Any achievement of any kingdom or province will have an asterik next to its namfe; they probably only achieved what they did by pillaging illegal artificially inflated provinces that start with insane amounts of gc and honor.

People will mourn, some may even cry, others will accept it. The sooner you close it down, the sooner we can move on with our lives and play real games that deserve a chance.

It's time to board up the windows. Shut-her down.
    Please remove Poggo from the forums. It's time. If he feels this way about our game yet insists on trying to ruin it
    for the people that love it then he is only here to fsu and should be removed, immediately.
    Outwit! .. Outlast! .. Outplay!

I only want what's best for Utopia. I'm entitled to have a voice just as you are. I play Utopia just as you do. How about a counter-point instead of trying silence someone you disagree with? I believe the devs welcome input on both sides of the aisle, as long as it's civil. I didn't attack anyone.

I've been talking to a lot of people in the community currently playing and retired, and they have expressed the same opinion as I.

My kingdom is deeply saddened by the possibility of the game closing down.

We have no desire to throw n the towel yet.

We love the game and the team we have worked so hard over the years to create.

Long Live Utopia !

If you feel it is time then you can make it time for you....but not for me.

Utopia is my cyber home land. It is a part of my life. And I am not ready to let it go.
    - Lookin' for Trouble !?!?!

- The greatest form of patriotism is dissent.

I'd rather Utopia linger. As long as it lingers, there's still hope.

Poggo if you love the game why dont you fight for it. instead of saying "shut it down" you should be chanting "hell no we won't go"

Same thing has been happening for years. Someone gets sick and tired of the BS and then people sit there shaking their fingers at them for how they feel. Maybe instead of telling him what he should be doing, you should do something about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Poggo View Post
    I only want what's best for Utopia. I'm entitled to have a voice just as you are. I play Utopia just as you do. How about a counter-point instead of trying silence someone you disagree with? I believe the devs welcome input on both sides of the aisle, as long as it's civil. I didn't attack anyone.

I've been talking to a lot of people in the community currently playing and retired, and they have expressed the same opinion as I.
    The counter point is that there are people who still loves playing the game, who play the game as it is. Nobody is forcing people to play if you don't like the game (any longer). As long as there's still a game to play we are happy to play it.

Post Fiend
    ZZzZZzZZzz another person seeking attention and nothing more, poggo why do you bother to make a lame post like this if you really wanted it to shut down just quit playing and stay away from these forums and stop bothering the rest of us with your desire for attention.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Magmalava View Post
    The counter point is that there are people who still loves playing the game, who play the game as it is. Nobody is forcing people to play if you don't like the game (any longer). As long as there's still a game to play we are happy to play it.
    Truth. Poggo, if you can't take seeing it as a shadow of its former self, then it's time for you to go.

It's not just me, I could make a petition to shut it down and literally get over a thousand signatures. Further proof is the insane bugs and the large amount of ticking time, all signals that the coders simply cannot keep up with the demands of Utopia. It's best to let her go.

B & S, I implore you, make the right move.
    Last edited by Poggo; 21-03-2010 at 19:12.

wow, 15 min ticks....this is so sexy!!

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrik7 View Post
    ZZzZZzZZzz another person seeking attention and nothing more, poggo why do you bother to make a lame post like this if you really wanted it to shut down just quit playing and stay away from these forums and stop bothering the rest of us with your desire for attention.
    oh noes..another to say it's lame to voice frustration and publically display he wants to quit..
    oh wait..lets think about it for a sec.. wouldn't it be lamer to just leave quietly without hope or showing some last defiance towards the software ninjas? or we can sit on our asses like mr henrik7 and complain about those telling us enough is enough and now they will leave. if any here was looking for attention i'd say it would be your ms henrik7, now go and troll somewhere else=)

Shut it down if they will not improve their management of it, which we all know they won't.
    S E C R E T S

Post Fiend
    Just quit bothering to post or read here if it bothers you.
    Nothing is going to change - its in "maintain" mode.
    "They" don't come here and read or post, "they" have real lives and families to support.

So just play the cards you have or fold, but don't cry "deal again" 'cause it aint gonna happen!
    Alas, poor Utopia! For 10 years I knew ye well.

Thread Information