Thread: Dear Forum Moderators; And Forum Patrons

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Fiend
    First I'd like to thank you for your response, Thundergore.

Perhaps I mistook the message of the announcement, but to simplify what I took in from the last part of the message delivered: "The scripters are part of the community, the community's making the mess... and the community's going to have to come up with a way to fix it." Which would be completely acceptable, if we had a member of the community / an active community manager with the in-game moderation capabilities to do so. Basically, it was more or less the overtone of abandonment that the message set off that caught my attention.

I'm not above being wrong, however. It's happened to me before, and I'm sure it'll happen to me again. :)

Regarding these forums; In my experience, the opinions expressed on these forums are essentially a magnification of the sentiments expressed in actual game-play.

As far as an in-game checklist on what most players I've come into contact with seem to want fixed, it would, roughly, fall into order as follows:

1. Server strain increasing page load times; Mostly tied to the mass creation of scripted provinces. Getting rid of the scripts would kill two birds with one stone; easier said than done, I fear.
    *One possible solution I've advocated would be to set the time you have to activate your province via e-mail from 10 days back to 3, so any province who leaves protection without activation would be automatically deleted. This probably won't solve the problem, but it would at least help remove a significant portion of the scripted provinces, which are no doubt causing server strain themselves, as well as causing slower ticks.

2. Ticking! Unfortunately, I don't see this one going anywhere... annoying as it is.

3. Any display bug (especially spell/op/attack results not being displayed) that inconveniences the player.

4. Getting rid of Cheaters / Fixing technical bugs, such as troops that have been nightmared not re-training in one lump 8 hours from the initial cast, but over time, as well as Amnesia destroying 100% books, instead of relearning X%
    Last edited by Discombobulator; 23-03-2010 at 10:36.

Thread Information