Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: you people crack me up

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums

you people crack me up

Everyone starts raging, allegedly because the game was put into maintenance mode. Then Craig shows up, makes a few long-winded posts about how he's going to help curtail cheating and everyone is happy again lol.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be happy at the thought that perhaps something will finally be done about cheating, but the game is STILL in maintenance mode. This whole process that's unveiling itself has been the plan. You can reread sean's post if you don't think so.

TDLR version:
    If you're going to rage about the game being in maintenance mode, don't unrage until it's out of maintenance mode.

As much as I despise Jolt, they sure know how to work you people over like it's nobody's business lol

Veteran
    i think we were raging because nothing was being done. at least now, if anything, they are communicating with us. what more did we want? at least I wanted anything to be done, and it has been. Better than nothing, as it's a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuriho View Post
    i think we were raging because nothing was being done.
    QFT!

They have a little break, just until they screw up again. :))
    Utopia has to be saved! Join #strategy!

The darkness that surrounds us cannot hurt us. It's the darkness in our own heart that we should fear!

Nothing like trying to restir the fire after we are on the road to getting Uto on it's feet
    again, is there, Palem?

What do they call that, making an incendiary post?

How come you're still posting after your dramatic Swan Song of days and days ago?

Not enuff people follow your lead?

Kinda like a dog barking at the end of it's leash
    then retreating and running back to bark, again.
    Outwit! .. Outlast! .. Outplay!

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuriho View Post
    Better than nothing, as it's a start.
    lol shouldn't they have started...oh...2 years ago?
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfDGrey View Post
    QFT!

They have a little break, just until they screw up again. :))
    lol I'm sure they won't keep you waiting for too long ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Troll View Post
    How come you're still posting after your dramatic Swan Song of days and days ago?

Not enuff people follow your lead?

Kinda like a dog barking at the end of it's leash
    then retreating and running back to bark, again.
    Don't talk about things that you don't understand. I'm on my way out, don't you worry about it.

Yeah, that's what I said last age, too, then you got me back in.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You asked me if you could join iirc.

Also, it's not my fault the kd is filled with people who just can't make decisions. I asked them to pick out a replacement like a week ago =\

personally i hate what's happening... but it made me laugh to see that people are actually supporting thundergore, because he actually made Brian and Sean pick up the most pathetic solution to this whole ''problem'' lol.

+1 for thundergores communication skillz! =p
    http://www.boardgame-online.com/
    It's a Board Game..... Online!

Veteran
    Well.. you really can't blame Thundergore that he can only delete scripters and forward requests to the ninjas. If only he was the lead programmer instead of Community manager/script deleter...... Ah well.. maybe his efforts will inspire the ninjas to actually fix the game :)

It's a desperate, crude, yet simple solution to a far greater problem.
    I don't care what has to be done, as long as there are results.

You should all share that view.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

We need time! Time is #1

Give game the Time to grow and fix old and maybe you just might find a game to play again.

Forum Fanatic
    hell anything being done is a positive now.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Enthusiast
    As long as there seems to be a bit of progress, even if its just in the planning phase, I think we should give some time.

I think most people got upset because nothing seemed to have been done and there were no plans on what was going to happen. Lets stop stirring the pot until we see what Thundergore does or doesn't do.

No need to begin aggravating a guy who hasn't even had the opportunity to show us if he's committed to doing what he has communicated.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    As long as there seems to be a bit of progress, even if its just in the planning phase, I think we should give some time.
    How's 2 years sound? lol

I think most people got upset because nothing seemed to have been done and there were no plans on what was going to happen.
    ...oh really? Did we read the same announcement?
    Quote Originally Posted by sean
    Our plans for the future of the game don't extend past attempting to maintain it. Immediately, we are looking at improving performance of the game, and creating admin tools so that we can devolve responsibility for finding and banning cheaters.
    Sounds an awful lot like what's happening.

Let's get something straight here. I'm not laughing at Jolt. I'm not laughing at Utopia, I'm not laughing at Thundergore. I'm laughing at you guys. You guys get played like a fiddle at every turn and I find it humorous. I certainly hope Craig can help make the game enjoyable again by the time I'm ready to get back into the game.

Enthusiast
    Wow nice way to butcher my post. Read the 2nd line, the reason why MOST people (obviously not you) were upset was because of no communication or having any type of plan. What has changed? While its not the best response we know that Utopia isn't a priority but it doesn't seem like were 1-2 ages from being shut down either. They assigned a paid employee, Thundergore (who has also played the game), to delete scripters/cheaters which was a big issue.

Hence MOST people are ok with this because that is what they were upset with to begin with. And if all you do is whip out the 2 years of waiting line, what do you expect them to accomplish? So they failed for 2 years, now what? You want them to fix the game with fairy magic overnight? Progress has to start somewhere. Not everyone has given up on the game, if we see hope then why not hope that things will be different? Not everyone needs to be a pessimist like you.

And no, we are not settling for a inferior version, but where do you want them to start improving from? If your just gonna bash down on a person who might be the beginning of progress before he (thundergore) can even do anything, then how will progress even start? Hence I for one am going to stay silent and give Thundergore a chance, if nothing happens I'll be changing my tune as well.

Thread Information