Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend

Former Community Manager Thundergore's Avatar

Weekend

I just felt that - though I wish to avoid patting the development or community team on the back (we're just doing our jobs) - that I should give you guys an idea of how we want to help as best we can.

Sean is working on improving the server and I'm hunting down more scripts (even as I 'beautify' myself for an evening on the tiles) on a day we're not officially working.

This isn't any major sacrifice so again I stress, we don't deserve praise, but it is an indicator for you guys that there is a real desire to make things work on our side as well as yours. I would not be doing my job if I didn't start drawing your attention to this kind of thing. It affects the community.

You can comment/flame/disagree (and I think you have every right to... except flame) but always remember - we're just people like you people are people! People who work weekends are people who care about their work no?

Despite the history, the opposition between various groups and the recently bleak outlook - this is a good thing agreed?

/hippy hat on

Thundergore

you missed --:--, filled with scripteds.

btw, keep up the good work!
    Last edited by ThZ; 27-03-2010 at 16:55. Reason: locs

Hey,

I agree that the devs are also people. I do agree also that we should always give them credit when it is due. That is only fair. So, kudos for the team on working on weekends. I am also aware that this is not the first time S&B work on the weekend. There were multiple times where there are things being done on the weekends. That is very much appreciated

But I would also remind you that, all in all, the final results is that of the utmost important. I am not trying to glance over all of the effort that the devs has been putting in, but surely you would agree that the most important is a good result, i.e a stable game. :)

Also, people seems more positive on your return, and I sincerely hope that things would improve from here on, both in regards of the game development and the community's attitude towards the devs.

eh, remember that they work on weekends cause they dont work (or almost not) during the week... i'd rather have them working during the week then weekends... but anything better than nothing...

I am very glad to hear that all are working for the success of the game. I was a bit worried when I had read the post from Brian and Sean about the eventual demise of the game.
    But many things are still unclear to me. I know there are "scripts" out there killing the server, but the how's and why's are not explained. This maybe because I do not know where to find this information. I would very much like to know; how to find these scripted kingdoms/provinces. what we as a community can do to help stop these people from such selfish and destructive behavior.

is this in retaliation to giving kingdoms the chance to fill themselves up with nothing but active players so that they can dominate the charts? If so destroy the kingdoms each age as in genesis then, personally I would hate this, but not as much as loosing the game. Being that my first Kingdom went 21 straight ages under the same banner and name. But opening up the charts to all instead of a few "cheaters" would make for a much more exciting game.

I would also ( suggestion here) like to see the size of Kingdoms reduces to 12 to 15 provinces. Giving many more Kingdoms on the server, and fewer provinces to direct as a team leader.
    when the average Kingdom size is between 3 million to 5 Million it seems to me that Kingdoms that are 30 million are just ...well I don't have words that are not flaming so use your own.
    " It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Samuel Langhorne Clemens (November 30, 1835 ? April 21, 1910)
    Dungeon Dwellers Founder est age 25 -

Former Community Manager Thundergore's Avatar
    Some good and relevant points people - Like I said, it's not about praise or patting on the back.

Lots of things aren't ideal and I think as was mentioned - this may be a case of 'the ends justify the means' rather than the other way round.

Just sharing some optimism! Now off to enjoy myself.

Bit of MW2 and then I'll bike (motorbike - aren't I terribly clichéd?) into the sunset.

Thank you for all the improvement thus far guys....keep up the great work.

As long as we are moving forward we arent moving backwards.
    - Lookin' for Trouble !?!?!

- The greatest form of patriotism is dissent.

If I took on a project, but failed to produce something that worked, I'd be forced to work on weekends and holidays.
    That's one of the first things we were taught, way back in school, when we were given our first piece of homework.

Not done on time means you get less freetime.
    It's that simple.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

blame omac/jolt/frontsquare, VT2... they ****ed up.

I am, and I do, but that's not what this thread's about, is it?

Just note that every single one of us who's ever been in gradeschool knows that if you fail to deliver something you've promised, or were expected to do, on time, and in a working state, you'll be doing work when you should be sleeping, or out having fun.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Post Demon
    Only if it is something important and it is in your contract. My contract is to work 7.5 hours per day 5 days per week. Whether I deliver stuff or not is not mentioned in my contract.

Forum Fanatic
    if you dont deliver you normally wont have a contract for long .

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

don't make thundergore sad

Quote Originally Posted by Krynn View Post
    I am very glad to hear that all are working for the success of the game. I was a bit worried when I had read the post from Brian and Sean about the eventual demise of the game.
    But many things are still unclear to me. I know there are "scripts" out there killing the server, but the how's and why's are not explained. This maybe because I do not know where to find this information. I would very much like to know; how to find these scripted kingdoms/provinces. what we as a community can do to help stop these people from such selfish and destructive behavior.

is this in retaliation to giving kingdoms the chance to fill themselves up with nothing but active players so that they can dominate the charts? If so destroy the kingdoms each age as in genesis then, personally I would hate this, but not as much as loosing the game. Being that my first Kingdom went 21 straight ages under the same banner and name. But opening up the charts to all instead of a few "cheaters" would make for a much more exciting game.

I would also ( suggestion here) like to see the size of Kingdoms reduces to 12 to 15 provinces. Giving many more Kingdoms on the server, and fewer provinces to direct as a team leader.
    when the average Kingdom size is between 3 million to 5 Million it seems to me that Kingdoms that are 30 million are just ...well I don't have words that are not flaming so use your own.

Hi Thundergore & Sean! You are doing a great job! So good my posts have dwindled down to almost naught. Ignore VTnub & THz. Their
    posts are always sour on any topic. Keep up the good work!

Hey Krynne! The only thing with 12 to 15 players - was done in Gen - is it worked for top kds such as yours and mine but the average kd found itself with less by mid age. Twenty players/kd was perfect imo.
    Outwit! .. Outlast! .. Outplay!

Forum Fanatic
    reshuffle and cutting kingdom sizes will be the final nail in the game.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Thread Information