Thread: Exploits

Former Community Manager Thundergore's Avatar

Exploits

While the game is in a fragile state and while many bugs run unchecked, some players feel that they can 'make hay while the sun shines'.

It is true that these issues should be repaired, that they should be pro-actively prevented instead of reacted to on a report by report basis.

Unfortunately the repairs and coding lies above my head. They are delayed. There is nothing we can do about this for now. Had I any skill in the area, I'd dabble, but alas I would do more harm than good.

However I feel that exploiting - because you can - and taking advantage over other players who feel pressured to either join in or just accept an unfair battle, is unacceptable. If, after a report, it is found that a player is exploiting then serious action will be taken.

Also note that a concerned player may report several suspicious provinces, and some are found to have hard evidence (an admin version of hard evidence as opposed to a player version) against them and some not. It is possible that not all of the players or provinces you report have action taken against them.

This may lead you to become frustrated but I advise you not to clog the support mail address with further lambasting for action against a particular player. Each investigation will be completed to the best of my ability and the particular nature of the bug exploit forwarded to Sean and Brian.

This is not an ideal situation and in my eyes this is not an ideal solution but from the amount of players who feel they can exploit with impunity, I feel action is better than inaction at this time.

One final word: this approach will take place going forward (this will not be retroactive).

My PM door is always open if you have any comments.

Please use this thread for any comments or discussions.
    Last edited by Bishop; 09-04-2010 at 12:09. Reason: added link

Thread Information