Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What hurts the most!

defect the rest of the provs imo. grace had a mediocre run, time to let it rest in peace.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar
    octo, when are tics coming back?

Postaholic
    sounds like poor management, but still a fairly ****ty thing to do

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuriho View Post
    Fates Warning - he was entrusted to that province. it's his account, not the province. The whole trading system is in place for it. He was traded into that province, and we expected the province to be traded to someone else when he leaves, and told him what we expected.
    Tough ****. It's his account and his province he's playing. You actually sound like a cheater to me.

Post Demon
    A province being the property of a kingdom rather than the player?

OMG, give me a break!

The slot is the property of the kingdom (in that if the player doesn't suit the kingdom, they can boot him and make room for someone else).

The province is the property of the player since he's the one who is managing it (the whole game is structured around a player's ownership of his province, lets not fool ourselves here).

And if he wants to quit, thats his choice.

Trading people in is always a risky business and there is always a likelyhood that things might not work out (and asking a guy to attack regularly at 3-4am is lame btw).

Its not anybody's fault if a new tradee doesn't work out, its part of the process (you gotta accept the risks). You gotta be mature and let the dude go his separate way with no hard feelings when that happens.

Postaholic
    In top kingdoms, provinces are always the property of the kingdom, not the player. The kingdom consists of 25 provinces. It's the kingdom's resources that went into building each province. It's the kingdom's time and effort that goes to keeping those provinces from being hit. It's the kingdom's slots those provinces are in, and it takes the place of any other potential provinces that could be occupying that slot.

If a player wants to quit or leave the kd, they are welcome to take their account with them, but they should always leave the province for the kingdom, because it was the kingdom that gave the player that province to begin with. And when we're talking 5-10k acres, if not more, for that province, you can't just grow it again overnight.

And Magn, the world is round. Somewhere, whenever you plan a wave, it's going to be 4am for someone, or it's not going to suit someone. Kingdom waves are planned for the best time for the majority of the players. The rest need to either conform to those times, or inform the kd leadership they cannot make the wave time, which usually leads to the player being politely asked to leave
    ~~ S A N C T U A R Y ~~
    Rocking the top ages 30-57

"The phrase... 'Who's your daddy?'... comes to mind"

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon KT View Post
    The kingdom consists of 25 provinces.
    Technically, 24 if a player leaves.

You can make it 25 again after that by recruiting.

It's the kingdom's resources that went into building each province.
    If the guy started at 400 acres and got pumped up by the KD mates, you could argue that.

Otherwise, if he's not the cow, the ressources that went into his province were provided by his own province (on average).

It's the kingdom's time and effort that goes to keeping those provinces from being hit.
    Yes, so he gets a ride on the KD's reputation to keep his province safe. But while he was in the KD, he contributed to the defense net that kept the other provinces safe.

Its not much work really for the most part.

Being good and intimidating does the job.

It's the kingdom's slots those provinces are in, and it takes the place of any other potential provinces that could be occupying that slot.
    Players come and go.

Thats a fact of the game.

Its not anyone's responsability beyond the monarch to try to keep their KD slot occupied.

Its a nice gesture when a leaving player can find his own replacement, but it should in no way be required (finding a replacement can be hard if none of your acquaintances like the game).

If a player wants to quit or leave the kd, they are welcome to take their account with them, but they should always leave the province for the kingdom, because it was the kingdom that gave the player that province to begin with.
    No, it is not.

The player's province was originally provided by the game.

The only case where that could be an argument is if a leaving player left the province and it was given to someone else.

And when we're talking 5-10k acres, if not more, for that province, you can't just grow it again overnight.
    Okay, so he's gonna break your land/nw crown by leaving.

Its a bummer, but its part of the game.

Un-anticipated setbacks can mess up the best of plans and you have to suck it up.

And Magn, the world is round. Somewhere, whenever you plan a wave, it's going to be 4am for someone, or it's not going to suit someone. Kingdom waves are planned for the best time for the majority of the players. The rest need to either conform to those times, or inform the kd leadership they cannot make the wave time, which usually leads to the player being politely asked to leave
    Yeah, someone will have to suffer if you want a 25 players at the same hour wave every wave.

It pretty much means that all your players will be in similar time zones or the the RL of some players will go on the back burner for the sake of the game.

I would never presume to require the later out of my players, but to each his choice.

Post Fiend
    then magn you and your players will forever be a ghetto if thats the attitude you willing to take.

leaders and players agree to a set of requirements, that includes setting alarms and so on - utopia isnt a game once you get that into your head its all up hill :)

IMHO what Grime did was lame.
    ∙ Shadowlight ∙ A Mothers Advice ∙ Force ∙ Pansies .

Kingdom Crown Winner with Pansies, Brute Force, Sonata, Dreams
    Province Crown Winner with Brute Force

∙ Brute Force ∙ Playboys ∙. Sonata ∙ Dreams ∙ Retired .

Nicely put Allanon.

And yes, The nub is lame.
    - Lookin' for Trouble !?!?!

- The greatest form of patriotism is dissent.

Veteran
    Magn, i wasn't debating his right to take the province like he did. You seem to be making that the issue. My point was it was a dick move. He broke his agreement with the kingdom, that the province he took over would stay with the kingdom.
    You who are speculating should listen to us who aren't, Magn. The reason it's a dick move is that he broke his agreement with the kingdom in many ways (not telling leadership when he can't make wave, taking province away from kingdom that he agreed would stay in kingdom, things like this). He's acting like JOAB when they broke their cf agreements just 'cus it suited them at the time. Nothing wrong with it game-wise, just a serious dick move to break agreements like that.

Post Demon
    then magn you and your players will forever be a ghetto if thats the attitude you willing to take.

leaders and players agree to a set of requirements, that includes setting alarms and so on - utopia isnt a game once you get that into your head its all up hill :)
    From a business standpoint, its not so hot as most players prefer to be challenged in other ways (as opposed to finding out if they are disciplined/crazy enough to wake up at 3am-4am for a game).

@Nuriho:

Then, I see your point about the break of promise and the fact that he was traded in an existing province.

However, one has to wonder if perhaps the issue is not two-sided (its hard to believe he acted the way he did without being provoked in some way... most people are not jerks by default).

I hate to admit it, but the few instances where people have gone out of their way to annoy me were usually caused at least partly by me not being tactful enough.

I am thankful for those occasional occurences and what they taught me.
    Last edited by Magn; 11-04-2010 at 07:39.

Spot on magn! I did feel i was being pushed out of the way, and im sure im not the first, And tbh if im just gonna lose my hard work and get dropped from a kingdom, i find that quite ****ed up. So there fore i done what i done, and i hope it hurt, maybe not top 5 for NW this age LOL!

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar
    If you got pushed grime then you explain to the leadership that it isnt working for you and you cant meet those commitments and you leave. Ive had it, other people have had it. Just because someone annoys you or whatever, doesnt meant you are entitled to do what you did. Players have made issues ever since the game was created that the accounts are theirs blah blah. It is a kingdom game, by and large, if you want to play it properly. Any half decent kingdom is going to try and control the accounts and then have players in them, and with the system now in place... it is much simpler to move people in and out of those accounts. It is about working relationships and functionality and time zones and what not.

No one is ever going to like people just bailing on them, or even taking the account in the process.

Ok I can actually comment from a standpoint of someone who knows what happened.
    1. No one was trying to push grime out of the kd. We asked him why he didn't make waves and he defected.
    2. The reason we wanted him to hit at 2-4am in the morning is because he was late for the previous wave so thats when his armies were home.
    3. If he had have said "I will be late because..." He wouldn't even have been asked what was going on.
    4. The first time he was asked why he was late for EVERY wave was the time he defected.

Therefore it was a lame move. We wanted to findout why he was late all the time and try to work out a better situation for everyone. So we could have everyone hitting on time and so he could have a life AND army in army out in war situations.

Feel free to comment on that all you will but those are the facts.

Thread Information