Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What hurts the most!

Nub is lame, but cos we're talking abt grace here, I support him :)
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Veteran
    ah, +1 MA. i forgot about that key point

boring blah blah blah, and this jibba jabbba, end of the day, this is only a game, there are many more important things in life, like getting laid??? Any of you gracers understand what that is??? ............

Erm ok maybe not...... i came back onto irc i said my apologies now be done with it, the new age will be here soon, not like you were getting anywhere this age anyways, so go back to your irc cuss and complain about me a little bit more or u can just get on with it play ur game and do better next age!

odd ... i get wasted all the times and make it to waves on time ... i dun get why 3am is so bad...=)

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

3 am's a good time for me. 8 am means stay up all nite or set an alarm.
    Shaken not stirred.

Red face

Hi all!

I support Grime! Good job for sticking to your morals and depriving the KD of their crown.

Let us take a look at a few things here:
    What everyone has been saying thus far is that the KD is more important than the individual, and that if the individual hurts the KD in anyway, the KD should attack said individual (with 'polite' words of 'get out of our KD... pretty please') that causes such disorder.

There is a word for that, and that word is Fascism.

A unit acting to protect itself from it's weaker members?
    Fascism.

An organization that spreads an ideology around, and forces others to adopt it?
    Fascism.

An organization that cares not about the welfare of it's constituents, but the accomplishment of a task?
    Fascism.

You are obviously fascists. Grime owns his own province, it does not "belong" to you. Nor does his life, his welfare. You cannot dictate the terms of his dismissal, nor can you dictate the terms of his existance. Grime is an individual, and as an individual... HE HAS RIGHTS!

*this message has been brought to you by the national league of democracy*
    Just say "yes" and I'll go away.

Post Fiend
    There is fascism in kingdoms because it works, and plus noone was forced to join the kingdom. Every player there understood the conditions of being part of the kingdom when they joined.

Oh and Hallo, please indicate to me any kingdom in the top 10 which has a proper democracy in their kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallo View Post
    Grime owns his own province, it does not "belong" to you. Nor does his life, his welfare. You cannot dictate the terms of his dismissal, nor can you dictate the terms of his existance. Grime is an individual, and as an individual... HE HAS RIGHTS!
    ... and in any democracy, by his contract with the kingdom, verbal or written (on IRC), wich he agreed when he joined, he should have left the province in place.

So your analogy with fascism is not only idiotic, but you seriously have to share the stuff you are smoking. We want to have those halucinations too.

A unit acting to protect itself from it's weaker members?
    Any business or any sports team. You really imagine your favoured football team will keep the non productive player in the field, without changing him?

An organization that spreads an ideology around, and forces others to adopt it?
    The church. The state. IRS. The mayor. The political party. The corporation. The boutiquer. The school. The publisher. The friend. Mom and dad. You.

An organization that cares not about the welfare of it's constituents, but the accomplishment of a task?
    Médecins Sans Frontières, Malteser International, International Red Cross, all care for a task and don't care about the welfare of it's constituents. Damn fascists they all.

*this message has been brought to you by the international league against hallo's stupidity*
    Utopia has to be saved! Join #strategy!

The darkness that surrounds us cannot hurt us. It's the darkness in our own heart that we should fear!

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar
    WolfDgrey summed it up pretty damned well. Kingdoms are not democracies. My kingdom certainly isnt. You do as your are told or I replace you. End of conversation. I will always explain why, giving the logic and the reasoning behind it or explain why I feel the way I do or the kd council. Either the situation improves or we replace the players. We get on very well as a kingdom because we can all talk crap as well and have a laugh. But when it comes to the running of it, they follow what is posted. We look at alterations as a kingdom, if someone has been crunching numbers and says well actually, we could make that change and it will we get more of x.

But kingdoms that do well are not democracies. Democracy is a great theory and idealogy but in reality and in practise it is exceptionally weak.

Well spoken WolfDGrey and Mad_Scottish.
    You summed it up pretty well and i think you killed the thread unless Hallo has not been smoking some more...
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Forum Addict
    You are obviously fascists.
    DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This isn't a tea party. We're not all going to place nice and say everyone can do what they want and build what they want and play whatever race and personality makes them happy. This is Utopia. Kingdoms are run by monarchs.

Son, we play in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by provinces with offense. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Hallo? Monarchs have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Grime, and you curse Grace. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Grime no longer being in Grace, while tragic, probably saved acres. And our existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves acres. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, acres, networth. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent waving something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very charts that I dominate, and then questions the manner in which I dominate them. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you get a trade code and play a province. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.
    INFERNO OF ABSALOM
    The Jew

Postaholic
    as if by magic, TheRock becomes TheRant

Quote Originally Posted by Grime View Post
    boring blah blah blah, and this jibba jabbba, end of the day, this is only a game, there are many more important things in life, like getting laid??? Any of you gracers understand what that is??? ............
    Game should not be excuse for not getting laid mate, get a better one :)
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

WolfDGrey.

If you don't know what fascism is, kindly say so... I'm certain the "international club of people who want to time travel" will be happy to put you on the list of "people who don't believe fascism ever existed"... after they build a toilet paper time machine.

Contracts are inherently undemocratic. They constrain the actions of an individual for the benefits of another. In fact, it seems odd that you would choose that, of all things, to pose an argument against this being fascism. If I were to sign a contract that said I hence forth have no rights, would surrender my individualism, and thus forth adopt an ideology that is inherently fascist... have I democratically become a fascist? Is the contract even reasonable? Are your implications that the power of a contract is greater than the power of an individual? And that if an individual were to enter a contract that is potentially harmful to him and others, that said contract should be abided by, regardless of consequences?
    There are laws against such contracts... thereby making them unenforceable and void.

Does the church go door to door and ask "Are you a Member" and if you are not, pull out a shotgun and blast your head off? It seems, yet again, you completely miscomprehend the actions of fascists to suit your argument. The KD did force grime to adopt their ideology, but the church currently does not (yes, there was a time when the church did... that time is not now). Now, you might be "conditioned" in school to believe the nation is good... but will the nation come out and threaten to kill you if you don't stop your hate speech? Will the nation purposely attack (raze) you if you don't comply. Will the nation even Kill you? No. The nation would not.

Similarly, a sports team would never injure the members that "failed to score". nor would it physically punish those that were issued a penalty... a sports team will protect its weakest members. Take American Football, you have all those big meaty guys... and then that little scrawny guy that they could snap like a twig. It makes no sense that those big guys would protect the little one, but they do... they do because he can perform a function they can't, even though their function may be seen as inherently superior to his function. Nor does a business eradicate itself of weaker members. If you fail to come to work on time, does said business place a bomb in your car the very next day? No, it does not.

And your comment about the international red cross? Please. The red cross cares very much what happens to it's members, laymen... like yourself... may see it as a great danger, but the reality is the danger has already passed, or is far enough away to allow safe travel. Note also that it is not the red cross that decides what its members do, but the members themselves. If they say "no, I do not want to" they don't have to... the red cross acts in the best interest of it's members, and aims to protect them. But the red cross, under no circumstances, is going to be seen throwing people out of a plane to "rescue" the people 10 feet away from a lava flow (note that said people would already be dead). And if one person lands in said flow, they're not going to say "oh well, hey, your turn now".

It would seem to me that you, WolfD, are either a troll, or actually have little knowledge on fascism. Take my advice, the "international club of people who want to time travel" is quite unlikely to build a working time machine... instead, pull out a history book, and read.
    Just say "yes" and I'll go away.

Wow, plz take this to GT :)
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Thread Information