Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gangbang protection

Gangbang protection

Do failed attacks contribute to gangbang protection, and if so, how is the increase calculated?

Thanks

Just send the gc/solds/ect out and use plunders you silky goose!
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Post Fiend
    Let me guess, VT2 has quit and Octo got his job?

Failed hits don't count Moonspear.

So whats to stop kingdoms from bouncing another kingdom's TM who is 'unbreakable' in a pre-war wave? Its not like failed hits dont hurt or anything...

Post Fiend
    Nothing.

But, since it's not done I expect it's not working pretty well, casualties are lower and province can easily retrain when you haven't taken any ressources. The extra gain you get for missing gb protection will probably not even close to compare to the fact that you have like 5 provs with army out without successful hits in pre war wave. Most likely better to massacre their T/Ms and use your T/Ms to kill army off the big guy.

mho

In 24 hours I went from 195k def down to 50k def... tell me that's not effective ;P
    but its also quite ridiculous at the same time.. I was drafting at emergency with IA, and still not even close to keeping my def even

Post Demon
    It's a valid and effective tactic. Take a look at your defensive military efficiency...that will tell you if you got any GB protection, although its effects would be negligible next to dropping from 195k to 50k!

*sigh* GB protection doesnt effect military losses on defense tho right? 80% less gains doesnt do anything for me when they're just trying to get my def down pre-war hahaha

Post Fiend
    lol, indeed it is, mind if I ask how many hits they made?

assuming they manage to kill off 10% of your def per hit it would, assuming no units being trained and no other losses, take 13 hits to get your def from 195k to 50k. Not at all imposible in 24 hrs, but your kingdom should as a whole be better off as you can make 13 hits on them (Assuming equal kingdoms) and your 13 hits can sertenly be better used then lowering someones def by a ridiculus ammount.

24 hits by then, the first 6 bounces, then a mixture of attacks: 4 massacre 1 plunder 13 learn attacks (im a sage, wasnt running schools)
    then once war started, i got one of my kingdom mates to hit me, and i went from 2200 to 1800 in one hit from him. then their kingdom swung at me, and now im down to 800 acres. but my mod tpa and wpa are CRAZY now!
    46.5 mod wpa
    67.7 mod tpa
    and my kingdom isnt very active.. we only got like 6 attacks in the timespan of me getting 24 hits [wtf i know] [we are so going to lose this war... 2 of our provinces sponatenously deleted and one defected before the war]

Post Fiend
    outch, that hurts.

Well, on the bright side, they obviously consider you a threath.

all in all, after taking 24 hits you're not in bad shape at all.

Can I just ask, 67 mod tpa, you'd get that with about 10 raw tpa 400% thief sci and maxed td. assuming you're not gnome it's really impressive numbers.

Sorry about your war, just hang in there and thing's will look up soon enough.

haha ya i guess XD

the 24 was pre-war only, not counting the land grabs and a few more plunder/learn attacks during the war haha

13.95 raw tpa, 21.7% TD giving +54.61%, and +213.9% theif sci
    DE Sage =], went from countess down to vicsountess... hopefully I can get back to 3500 honour by the end of the war if i can get some good nightmare runs in...

-EDIT-
    oh actually it'd be higher than that, forgot to calculate bonus from honour XD
    Last edited by Moonspear; 26-04-2010 at 02:40. Reason: additional insight

Post Demon
    I usully tell our t/ms to get hospitals in for when we are about to do a wave, but they don't always do so and if it is someone else waving us then obviously they don't have the time unless they carry them all the time which isn't very efficient for a t/m! Even then though your losses would still have taken your def down to 100k

the only thing not efficient about a t/m is being a t/m. gb prot is significantly less in war lol
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

kay so they're still hitting me, down to 400 acres now...
    and i have an EPIC
    92.3 mod tpa
    131.0 mod wpa
    LOL

Thread Information