Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 6873 players left

Enthusiast
    Once again, let all applications end up in a separate database. From there they can be processed manually. Thundergore (et co.) could manually accept applications after examination and move them to the uto server which places them randomly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    i guess it is just too much to hope that the scripters will stop - they seem to care more about getting their kingdom to number one.
    You're right there. I just don't like allowing a weak player base get weaker by not allowing new, generally younger players to join. It has been pointed out, quite correctly in my opinion, that the current playerbase is aging. I know age doesn't factor for the hardcore but for the casuals who could come or go, as responsibility increases, play will decrease. It's the casuals who are leaving now, and who have already left (along with the scripters).
    With the player base dwindling, what's the point of taking time to improve a game no one plays, and no one new can play, in the name of quality?
    Ahhhh I'm so torn. I know scripters are killing the game. Everything is being affected, especially speed. But, I will re-beat the dead horse and point out that scripters did not kill the game FIRST. It was killed first by introducing weak code. At least if you have good code, you make it more difficult. Like I said in my last post, if I don't want red skittles, I don't eat them, I don't throw out the whole bag.

Forum Addict
    The scripters have ALWAYS been around. To blame them is like blaming Allah or god, it's just not the truth.

Blame OMAC and Jolt + a mehul who gave up. But most of all, JOLT and OMAC!
    ABS vs Rangers

Then why is it now the most pressing issue? In my many many years of being a uto noob I've never seen scripting so bad. Bad rushed code is to blame, non-existent preventative measures won't prevent anything.

i'm not the richest man around but is worth investing in this game.
    Last edited by gg_simon_gg; 15-05-2010 at 09:02.
    Siberia

I honestly don't remember Mehul ever "stopping" province creation due to scripters. And as far as I can remember, Mehul kept taking measures to have them deleted, and I'm sure quite a few scaved by him and were successful, but this is pathetic.

But Jolt, I have to say this is a poor decision. Find a way to to detect them without telling players "Hey, try to present yourself in such a way someone will recruit you, good player or not!"

I'm sure I don't know the full details, and I don't care, if someone wants to play a game they should be able to without having to Present him/herself for evaluation by an inviter.

I'm sure no one will like taking their son to a sporting event, only to have the guy at the front gate say "Sorry, we cut off everyone coming in, we limited it to invite only, but if you stand over there and tell everyone your story, maybe someone will invite you in." Different scenario and situation, but you're excluding people who want the chance to play/watch an event (from that scenario)

Fix the damn problem, It's been HOW long now? Either fix it, sell the game, or just announce you really don't care.

Regular
    Last edited by Jinx; 17-05-2010 at 10:43.

6369 latest numbers. I'd wager 20% of them are fakes/multies. Hopefully they open up the registration soon, and have in place a system that prevents scripting.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    It's so sad 6873 players = 6850 cheaters + 23 poor noobs
    I resent such implications.

We do not cheat and we are not noobs.

I am pretty sure most of the good KDs we warred this age are in a similar position (they practically all had areas of their game they needed to improve, but they were certainly not noobs and I doubt they were cheating).

The success we have experienced so far with the game is a direct result of our will to get as much as possible out of the considerable (but limited) time/energy we are prepared to invest in the game.

While I realise that some KD will cheat, lets not overgeneralize.

Regular
    Last edited by Jinx; 17-05-2010 at 10:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Magn View Post
    I resent such implications.

We do not cheat and we are not noobs.

I am pretty sure most of the good KDs we warred this age are in a similar position (they practically all had areas of their game they needed to improve, but they were certainly not noobs and I doubt they were cheating).

The success we have experienced so far with the game is a direct result of our will to get as much as possible out of the considerable (but limited) time/energy we are prepared to invest in the game.

While I realise that some KD will cheat, lets not overgeneralize.
    Twas a joke I'm sure. I believe the correct term is hyperbole. An intentional exaggeration to draw attention to the point. The point being, there are tons of cheaters.
    However I do disagree with the noob assertation. Noobs are a dying breed too because NO ONE NEW CAN SIGN UP.

This is truely rediculous. Rather than severing ties with a money losing game they drag it's death on and on.... and on.... and on... and I'm sure it will continue until they are broke. That's just the kind of smarts they seem to exude.

Veteran
    in 20 days since I made the first post here, there are already 10% less players in the game.

They better act fast if they want to keep this game alive.
    FLATLINERS TLG KLA

New player signup will be open for the new age. Obviously more is needed than that to generate a larger player base
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

It's ending today rite?

Can't seem to see any way for new player signup.

Any link or help? Or do i have to response to the recruitment post? -.-

Thx

you will not be able to sign up until the next age starts - this one ends in about 6 hours.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information