Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 infraction = ban?

1 infraction = ban?

To that end:

1. If you post anything that the moderation or community team feel is inappropriate or wrong* then you have 'infracted'.

2. To 'infract' = 1 day ban. Your post is edited/removed.
    are you kidding me????

even something as simple as an off-topic post will get someone a 1 day ban?

that's the stupidest rule i've ever heard
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

Post Fiend
    http://forums.joltonline.com/showthr...ng-combination

1. If you post anything that the moderation or community team feel is inappropriate or wrong* then you have 'infracted'.
    2. To 'infract' = 1 day ban. Your post is edited/removed.
    3. 3rd infraction = 1 week ban and user is on 'Level 1'. Your post is edited/removed.
    4. To 'infract on level 1' = 1 week ban . Your post is edited/removed.
    4. 3rd infraction on level 1 = 1 month ban and user is on 'Level 2'. Your post is edited/removed.
    5. Any infraction on level 2 after the 1 month ban = permanent ban. Your post is edited/removed.

Are these like, per lifetime? I don't post often, but I'm afraid that I could accidently stray off-topic or post a similar message 7 times before I die. :'(

Be warned Luth you could be banned for calling these rules stupid :P
    Utopia: a "Mess"ive multiplayer strategy game since Mehul sold it

dingy
    I like the spirit of the rules. Take a walk into the strategy forums, you have to always be wary that what you're reading could be bullcrap. That's not the kind of environment we want new users coming into.
    But I would like these bans not to be thrown around very much... Thundergore could have done a better job explaining the spirit of the rules. We don't need to trot out such rigid guidelines if we understand what the heck he's actually trying to do.

Forum Addict
    All sounds a bit harsh even to me, tbh. On the other hand the forum is very nearly dead so I don't suppose it really matters at all.

Post Fiend
    I think they are harsh too, but I think they are needed. When I first joined these forums I got all kind of crap thrown at me. Fair enough. I was a noob and didn't know much about the game. The second time I joined these boards (I forgot my user/login hehe) years later, I got the worse crap.

If you want good forums you don't want forums scaring ppl away - a healthy forum is obv what they are trying to make. It is needed, and I support them in how they do it.

i dont know how to write it without sound abit evil... BUT... (i will write it anyway)

no one care about the forum and the flamers!!! we want the new age to start
    talks about the new age is much more important then this crap...

who cares about flames etc... if i see a thread that looks like a flame i simply not enter let alone read it..

NEW AGE :)

Are these bans measured in utopia days?
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

I also agree that the rules seems to be somewhat harsh. But I will hold my horses and see how it is implemented before passing any judgement. I, for one, favour harsh rules but controlled moderation. Moderation should be done and guided by goodwill and courtesy, not rules. Rules are there as a back up.

This has been attempted once already, and it didn't work then.
    We don't need obstructive, draconian rules, but a game that works, and is enjoyable to play.

No one really cares about this forum anymore, or the game itself.

When the game your forum is attached to isn't working, worry more about the game, and less about the forum, and 'be nice'-laws.

Does this latest move mean that I'll be banned for 686916 years retroactively, or will us 'trolls' automagically be forgiven all our past sins?
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

As this guy said...
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom Scythe View Post
    I, for one, favour harsh rules but controlled moderation.
    A 1 day ban is enough to remind someone that they've made a mistake.

No, it's not enough, and it's not acceptable, because there still are no reak rules, and any punishment will be decided by the moderator in question.

Either have rules, and make people follow them, or don't have rules, and assume that people will act their age.

Basically, it will be Mourhelm and Bishop's reign of stupidity all over again, but with no posters around this time.
    "I'm banning you."
    "Why?"
    "Because you dare mock me and my master, Mourhelm the magnificient, by referring to him as such, and me as Mourhelm junior!"
    "Oh, okay."
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.

VT2 does have a point, but with Thundergore as the chief moderator here, hopefully things will get better. I wasn't here when Mourhelm dish out his deeds, but I was here when Bishop did some of his. I am definitely against what he did back then, but things seems to have settled down a bit.

Rather than not having rules and let everyone run wild, I'd rather have them, so that at least some semblence of a civil discourse can be held in the forums.

You can't have a real discussion when you dictate what opinions people are allowed to have, while simultaneously monitoring them so they 'play nice.'
    It doesn't work, and is counter to what you're trying to accomplish.

When people discuss things, opinions and ideals clash.
    That's a rule of nature.

If you don't like it, don't have have boards that exist to promote discussion.

Post Fiend
    * Blatant advertising of unrelated sites, programs, or services.

* Spam and multiple postings of similar messages

* Insults, flames, and attacks on other individuals or groups

* Off-topic posts - strongly prohibited in the Bugs section

* Posts containing inappropriate language or content.

* Posts encouraging illegal or unethical behavior

* Posting locations - Not allowed under any circumstances. Not even your own.

* "Trolling" (posts only intended to stir up trouble) - If in doubt avoid it, and you should have no problems.
    You can't have a real discussion when you dictate what opinions people are allowed to have, while simultaneously monitoring them so they 'play nice.'
    It doesn't work, and is counter to what you're trying to accomplish.

When people discuss things, opinions and ideals clash.
    That's a rule of nature.

If you don't like it, don't have have boards that exist to promote discussion.
    I fail to see the connection.

Thread Information