Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DE/Sage a/T/M

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    well, when you are warring you are either A) being chained or B) not being chained (at the level greenie plays at)

in situation A) forts aren't useful, as you have been chained and have no def left anyway right? And in B) they are not useful as you are not being hit. They only help when they bring you to enough def for unbreakable, or for OOW random hits. The TGs are of help during both scenarios.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    well, when you are warring you are either A) being chained or B) not being chained (at the level greenie plays at)

in situation A) forts aren't useful, as you have been chained and have no def left anyway right? And in B) they are not useful as you are not being hit. They only help when they bring you to enough def for unbreakable, or for OOW random hits. The TGs are of help during both scenarios.
    In theory, I agree with that.

but in case A, if you are being chained, assume 25 people are attacking you. If you have 10k less def b/c of no forts, then the kingdom has 250k more offense. Some of those people may have an opportunity to dt that they didn't have before. So in the case of chaining, i'd say forts all the way.

i'd see in case b that there's less reason for forts. But if you have less def, it's more likely the other KD can start a chain on you -and- still hit the smaller guy, again being open to dt's.

well, id prefer GS over forts, if they need more hits to chain me then i have removed offense from them

tedybear: this age was the age of dwarf art, but not because they were good - merely popular. I have yet to see a dw/art that impressed me, but i saw many dwarf sages that would faceroll said dw/art.
    Last edited by Bishop; 10-05-2010 at 14:57.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    well, id prefer GS over forts, if they need more hits to chain me then i have removed offense from them

tedybear: this age was the age of dwarf art, but not because they were good - merely popular. I have yet to see a dw/art that impressed me, but i saw many dwarf sages that would faceroll said dw/art.
    DW/arti might not have the same numbers as a sage, but the benefit they have is an incredibly flexible build with insane BE. Also, a lot of arti I've seen are making the mistake of skipping homes. Homes are huge for anything/arti because of the BE, BR, and flat rate bonus for pop. You are able to achieve 140+ BE as a dwarf arti fairly easily which gives you a lot of flexibility in the rest of your build. Not to mention you can change buildings almost between waves meaning that if you're caught off guard by a kingdom you can adjust on the fly.

Sage has its perks too. They make incredible A/T - probably the best choice for an A/T available - better than human sage from a thief standpoint and better than gnome from an attacking standpoint. Gains science will also be a useful counter to those said artis running 20% GS.

In my opinion kingdoms are best served with any combination of the two this age.

did a massacre run on that prov early this age! :D

which sorta makes the forts redundant. but thats not the point. massacres dont even hurt wpa too bad. but 4-5 massacres with BG on as greenie will attest drops your military and tpa significantly which leaves you open being easily controlled with SW or chained out of nw range for easy acres the second you send out.

the ideal for DE/sage a/M/t would be to be near biggest in kd and id drop down to 3.5 tpa or so and drop some off to go to 120 dpa+ with elites in.

youre basically playing to NM down big provs into your attacking cores hitting (and multitapping) range so you wanna be big for that aswell. you dont need mad TPA cause after a NM run hes gonna have no thieves anyway so i dont know what youd use it for unless you gonna do riots aswell which is nice in which case id keep the tpa and lose more off. you dont really need it.

greenie knows all this stuff anyways, im just weighing in ;)

"but in case A, if you are being chained, assume 25 people are attacking you. If you have 10k less def b/c of no forts, then the kingdom has 250k more offense. Some of those people may have an opportunity to dt that they didn't have before. So in the case of chaining, i'd say forts all the way."

even if you could simplify it like that, you would have to use all that extra off to put more hits on province in question to have an equally successful chain cause he loses less per hit ;p

dwarf sage as an age long strat plays great in a vacuum. :)

that doesnt mean its feasible on the server.

lies. its like the bonuses to shep, merc and art combined.

i believe we are currently the biggest dwarf sage kd on the server. the neccessary evils you incur by playing dwarf sage out weigh its awesomeness by the time you get to this point. although id admit freely that the problems we had early age had alot to do with alcohol and university. ;)

the underlying problems with running it as an age long strat still remain.

sowwy gweenie! :<

hrm, if you dropped 1/3 of your tpa on 4.5 itd put you on 3 tpa. we were on the same and same sci mod without the TDs so SWing you would still be difficult and expensive. i tihnk we'd go a for a cheap chain with our hybrids (extra bonus being we dont have to clear fog) force thieves to leave and prov to go out of nw range of our top. and almost certainly opening to sw if nm still an issue.

but yeah i thought youd drop more thieves than that. :|

want a kd for next age greenie?

get it while the getting is good before they shut the game down :D

Regular
    Weak sci, age is gona end soon and u still dont have decent sci as DE sage.
    Weak honor
    Result weak ppa
    "Population: 84,388 citizens (31.09 per Acre)"
    Not enough for late age hybrid.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeleton View Post
    Weak sci, age is gona end soon and u still dont have decent sci as DE sage.
    Weak honor
    Result weak ppa
    "Population: 84,388 citizens (31.09 per Acre)"
    Not enough for late age hybrid.
    Someone always talks smack no matter what kind of a prov u show.

It's easy to just sit and pump science all age and have a superior prov but then fail when it comes to warring. Not to mention both science and honor are often dependent on things outside your control like how many wars you have and how many acres you gain/lose in war.

Tell me, Skeleton, where do you play?

Orc all the way!

i think the last time i heard about skeleton he won all the crowns available on gen.

barring perhaps the honor crown.

Postaholic
    how is that a good prov?

i dont see it, just becose hes a friend of urs hes prov is awesome? idiots..

Quote Originally Posted by NoseBlood View Post
    how is that a good prov?

i dont see it, just becose hes a friend of urs hes prov is awesome? idiots..
    yet to see anyone barring carefree saying its a good prov >.>

Thread Information