Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Encouraging Multis

Encouraging Multis

the new changes encourage multi farms.

atm you burn all your mana looking for gold stashes and then you have a full tank for infil + stealing.

under new system you must get cbs + infil + steal all form the same tank.

so it highly favours the people who run gold farms and thus dont need to do any target searching cause they know where their gold is coming from.

pls fix.

Agreed, farming as it stands is already a pretty major problem with the game. Making it further advantageous just increases the incentives to do it in the first place and penalises those of us who find their gold targets the good old-fashioned way. A response on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

the way it was before encouraged multi farms also. there is extremely little difference - if you were inclined to cheat this way you would already be attempting to multi farm.

what is your suggestion to curb this?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Enthusiast
    What are you guys talking about. If you want to discuss/suggest something useful lets talk about names. Oh wait... they ignore that too. Snap!

What everyone must learn from this experience, if they haven't done so last age, is that they don't care about your silly rational arguments. They have a great clique of newbie idiots advising them on the game direction they don't need no help from supposed "experts". Stop caring... for your own mental health.

that has nothing to do with Johns post, please try to stay on topic.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

bishop don't be ridiculous and think for once instead of automatically assuming omac changes are perfect.

atm a good target hunter can match a farmers gains.

if i need to use my stealth to just find the target before i start robbing it then i have a huge disadvantage to mr multi.

now even if this doesn't encourage honest players to create farms it gives the farmers an advantage and natural selection will leave them victorious while the honest players leave.

my suggestion is either remove this pointless and unpopular change or have a completely separate tank for intel ops aside from magic and offensive thief ops.

Veteran
    Bull****. Those who use multies this age will use them next age, those who don't won't change their ways next age. You must be one crazy lucky person to be able to find gold in the current game (yes TF's help, but those are essentially scipts, thus illegal). Target hunting is a pain in the current setup and will be in the new setup, moving intel ops to theve ops doesn't change that one bit.

The select few, and those must be really a few, who 1) managed to find legal gold stashes on a solid basis 2) had enough tpa to steal and 3) low enough losses to make it worth while, might be hurt due to these changes, but they'll just have to find another means to get gold.. (maybe they suddenly have plenty of mana for ToG or maybe they'll find plenty buildspace for more banks)

Quote Originally Posted by John Snowstorm View Post
    bishop don't be ridiculous and think for once instead of automatically assuming omac changes are perfect.

atm a good target hunter can match a farmers gains.

if i need to use my stealth to just find the target before i start robbing it then i have a huge disadvantage to mr multi.

now even if this doesn't encourage honest players to create farms it gives the farmers an advantage and natural selection will leave them victorious while the honest players leave.

my suggestion is either remove this pointless and unpopular change or have a completely separate tank for intel ops aside from magic and offensive thief ops.
    atm a good target hunter can match a farmers gains. <-- wrong, DEs +tog

then i have a huge disadvantage to mr multi. <-- technically you have a disadvantage when it comes to target searching for hits since they can farm out to their main, you want to remove attacking too?

I haven't seen indication that the devs intend to withdraw this change, so you should probably come up with better suggestions than " dont do it it might be bad" . People cheat, this does not really encourage it more. they will be deleted anyway, not hard to spot and report farms.

are you purposefully being dense? or is it a clinical thing?

"atm a good target hunter can match a farmers gains. <-- wrong, DEs +tog"

wrong. you still have X stealth and X max gains per op. a good target hunter can match a farmer.

"technically you have a disadvantage when it comes to target searching for hits since they can farm out to their main, you want to remove attacking too?"

wrong again. you still only have so many generals and I can still find targets. theres no inherent disadvantage provided you are a good enough target hunter.

"I haven't seen indication that the devs intend to withdraw this change, so you should probably come up with better suggestions than " dont do it it might be bad" . People cheat, this does not really encourage it more. they will be deleted anyway, not hard to spot and report farms."

if you read my post i gave another alternative. separate tank for intel. and again if you read my post its not even about encouraging cheating its providing more advatages to those that already cheat. WHY WOULD YOU MAKE A CHANGE THAT DOES THAT?! ITS SILLY.

if you add a separate tank all the issues i have with this change melt away and i get behind it.

Yadda9To5: why do you want to punish those with the luck/skill to find gc targets and increase farmers advantage?

forgive me, i missed the seperate tank part.

I diagree completely with your first two points though. A de with a multy for intel has mana available to ToG, as well as stealth to steal. A good target searcher will not match a multy who can send his army away. having to send out barely any army 4 times is an advantage.

protip: watch it with the attitude. if you want to insult someones intelligence you would be wise go to a different board.

"A de with a multy for intel has mana available to ToG, as well as stealth to steal."

seriously again you have totally missed my point. *sigh*

my case scenario is prov A and multi B

prov a steals from multi b not getting multi b to take intel. if youre intel searching with a DE youre a total nub anyways so youve missed the whole game already.

"A good target searcher will not match a multy who can send his army away. having to send out barely any army 4 times is an advantage."

from experience that game only lasts so long until farmer gets caught out and owned with himself and his farms getting farmed out. we've seen a couple of kds get some success with farming acres, but nothing compared to the success of farming GC.

now answer my question as to why you would want to bring in any game mechanic that helps cheaters in the slightest if its possible not to?

Post Fiend
    Actually its pretty easy to get gc from people the proper way, for instance my lowest steal(and I drain my stealth almost everyday for money oow) for the past 2 weeks has been 75k/op, for the past few days however I have been managing 250k/op. So its not really that you make less, you jsut have to find decent targets wich there are PLENTY of ways to do.

Quote Originally Posted by John Snowstorm View Post
    are you purposefully being dense? or is it a clinical thing?

if you read my post i gave another alternative. separate tank for intel. and again if you read my post its not even about encouraging cheating its providing more advatages to those that already cheat. WHY WOULD YOU MAKE A CHANGE THAT DOES THAT?! ITS SILLY.

if you add a separate tank all the issues i have with this change melt away and i get behind it.

This is fine for thief oriented peeps but what if you don't care about thievery?
    What if you are heavy attacker or a/m?

Now you are forced to carry decent tpa
    at the expense of attacker or a/m or you can't even get a cb.

Make cb/ce a function for both thieves and mystics.

Then the bitter taste dissolves, in fact might enhance game play.
    Shaken not stirred.

Post Fiend
    I see no weight to an argument that it does not encourage multis.. I can't even think of a way that it doesn't. I won't make any arguments though. Gets a little repetitive

Thread Information