Thread: Age 47 - Halflings Discussion

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Veteran

Age 47 - Halflings Discussion

since a few of the posts were deleted for discussing the idea instead of staying on topic by giving suggestions only:

adding a new race now is ridiculous. It's a very easy process to add a new race, the devs claim, so all it tells me is they're doing more surface changes to make the game appear fresh when there are still many bugs from the alpha stage in the game. I understand time constraints, but instead of, imo, wasting time playing with new races when current ones aren't very balanced, why not devote some of that time to hunting down and fixing bugs?

devs say they need our help, but it's hard to help them fix bugs if they don't tell us what else they need from us (assuming they need anything else from us, since obviously the bugs haven't been fixed from what we've given them).. Help us help you, S&B, and fix the game before playing with the game. Adding a new race seems pointless.

=( my legitimate suggestion was deleted. They asked for what names of units should be of the proposed halfling race and i said they should be grounded in how utopia and the races are. I proposed offense specs to be "bugs", def specs to be "are", and elites to be "rampant"
    this suggestion is clearly a reminder to people they are playing halfling race, and further a reflection of utopia as a whole. Just like dwarves have "bezerkers" for elites, and gnomes have "golems", having the elite of "rampant" is just another adjective that accurately describes a halfling race. Plus the play on words for all 3 when read together is just a bonus, and indicative of the communities <3 that they're still playing the game regardless that the pun is true.
    =( i'm saddened that the suggestion was removed, even though it is legitimate.
    Last edited by Nuriho; 09-05-2010 at 18:04. Reason: =(

Thread Information