Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Age 47 - Halflings Discussion

it will be different

Quote Originally Posted by WolfysBack View Post
    Such a pointless, tiresome discussion.

Its not a new race, for one thing, its an old, old race. They rebadged it and called them gnomes a few ages ago for some reason.
    You want halfers, fine. rebadge the Gnomes and you're done.
    If you want something new, then go for something completely different - like intelligent octopusses that live in the seas and can only attack forces returning from attacks. Or Sandworms that cannot cross the waters to another island.

"Different" should mean bloody *different, not some tired old rehash.
    Than I propose we get space monkeys as a new race, with elites named as gorillas in power armor, and flying saucers instead of horses
    Utopia: a "Mess"ive multiplayer strategy game since Mehul sold it

Space monkeys...cool... Seriously though a new race is neither here nor there for most long term players... fixing up the game however is priority one :)
    Laughter IS the best medicine - always

Enthusiast
    space monkeys would be cool

Post Fiend
    BUT! Spanking of the Space Monkeys is NOT allowed!!
    Alas, poor Utopia! For 10 years I knew ye well.

Halflings = gnomes = halflings

all gnomes are is a renamed halfer. and now they want to duplicate it by adding halfers back... instead of spending the time adding a "new" *coughs* race, why can't they fix some of the bugs?

and some of those bugs are VERY EASILY fixed...

some of the bugs are bugs THEY created when they "fixed" other bugs (i.e. VM provs going inactive and not showing in green, or unread PMs not being bold like they were before the new years eve update... just a couple for example). Fix the date bug... the game is an hour off, it has been an hour off since the beginning of last age when the brilliant devs took it offline because they screwed up the beginning of the age. etc. etc. etc.

EDIT: oh, and don't forget the lack of the training time in war bonus that has been broken for over an age AFTER you "fixed" it so it only works in eow protection. And how about animate dead that doesn't work on ambush, yet disappears. how difficult is that to fix, seriously?

FIX WHAT'S WRONG with the damn game before you add other things that will no doubt be broken, because you haven't put even ONE age online correctly in two freaking years.

We've been beta on this game for 2 damn years... beta != forever. beta means you find bugs AND YOU FIX THEM. what a concept??? We're freaking tired of being your free beta testers. we want the REAL game we were promised 2 years ago.

You're welcome for our patience.
    Last edited by Luth; 11-05-2010 at 05:34.
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

Well said. Those of us who are cheering for the new race, arent ignoring the fact that bug fixes should be top priority rather than new content either by the way.

Post Fiend
    why worry bout new / comeback races when theres more important things to fix?

I guess , becouse it is easier and more fun to make new things rather than fixing whats broken. Since the game is developed by developers who arent getting paid to develop it, and doing this as a charity thing, they are doing what suits their interests best I guess.

Post Fiend
    If you're saying fix bugs before you make a new race, then shouldn't they fix the bugs before they have ANY race changes next age? Are you saying they should fix bugs before they make the new age?

IMO bugs aren't huge burdens to gameplay, and they'd take a lot of time to fix. The halfling change is a big change to the game and one that we'd notice. Making the new race would probably take the same amount of time as to fix the AD bug. So imo, it's no a bad use of time to make the new race.

Veteran
    when people can get deleted for using said bugs 2 years after the bugs have been announced, they /are/ huge burdens to game play. Either the bugs get fixed, or they get introduced as a new feature (like the 100% accurate SoM was corrected to be a new feature, instead of a hugely abused bug (since nobody has been deleted for abusing it, i'm assuming it's no longer a bug, no matter how much the devs say there's no reason to have intelligence 100% accurate)

Post Fiend
    Sean1 - I rather sit with what I have while the base gets fixed.

House on sand!

Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post
    They're not interested in communicating with us, and instead run their own race behind the scenes.

"Duuuuude, gnome is like, total weaksauce!"
    "I know, like, duuude!"
    "We should totally add another race like it!"
    "Yeah, man. Now pass me the bong!"

If they understood why gnome is weak and inferior, they wouldn't have proposed adding a clone.

Of course, the one supporter they have - plus Bishop - is going to tell us all that if we were less negative, they'd communicate with us, but I'm here to tell you that such things would make zero difference.
    If they knew their own game, we'd not be in a position where one of our 'developers' suggests adding another useless, inferior race, that only n00bs will pick.

Personally, this is just ridiculous.
    Is anyone going to pop out of castle OMACskull, and claim that adding more useless 'thief races,' rather than fixing the one we already have, is somehow a good idea?
    lmao
    DEUS SIVE NATURA

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    so you want them to fix bugs and not do any changes? id prefer if they did both tbh.
    Agreed. And as for all the whining about halfer = gnome = halfer and so on, loathe as I am to side with the devs, it's such a "no duh" point that I think you have to assume that's not what they have in mind.

Post Demon
    Why are we not fixing the bugs?

I don't care about halflings, but they've sucked in the ages I've played for the most part and I doubt that would change.

Thread Information