Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extra Words in the Front Page

Extra Words in the Front Page

I just have to make a post on this. After seeing a facelift (despite being minor) on the front page, I think at least things are still moving forward, albeit slowly. So, despite all the negativity there is, I think credit should be given when things are being done. Thanks Brian (or may be Sean) for adding the words at the front page to make Utopia more like a game it used to be.

Regular
    extra words are extra....

some fluffy text <<<< the promised proposed changes list(its been a week :D ) / a functional game client (ticking!?) / bug fixes (ambush and others..) / balanced races and persos (would like to have more than 2-3 playable ones to choose from)

age end is delayed a week, therefore its fairly safe to assume the age changes will be delayed a week :(

but great to see that as soon as someone is positive someone else comes along to complain!

Regular
    always :D

theres a reason im known as complaining conclave. but to be positive, yes the new text is nice :D maybe they could spiff up the mystic circle/theivery/etc text also? :)

imo bbq
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Well conclave, I think credit should be given when it is due. If one only complains all the time and no cerdit is given when things are done, that's just being a child acting in a fit.

Enthusiast
    I like the text, it is very well written, concise and it highlights the best points of the game. I wonder who wrote it because a love for this game is quite apparent in it.

Post Fiend
    It's nice and gives Utopia a nice face, but can you even create a province yet? Seems it would get people interested, and then shut the door in their face.

Post Fiend
    Nice work on the front page... So Kudos to you both B&S for this improvement.

I find that text stuff as a way forward too. Ishows that devs are still thinking about bringing new players back and we will soon (ok... maybe not so soon...) see account creation to be allowed again. It is a good change, especially when combined with the announcement about sitting mode behaviour change. It is absoultely not a bug fix, but it fixes the exploit in an innovative method, in a way it is a temporary easy fix.

We need to see more of such innovative methods to fix bugs or other stuff.

Good job Sean & Brian, keep it up!
    Utopia: a "Mess"ive multiplayer strategy game since Mehul sold it

for next age you will be able to sign up, and we can expect some (i have no idea how many) bug fixes, like ambush being fixed this time, for real, promise!

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    we can expect some (i have no idea how many) bug fixes, like ambush being fixed this time, for real, promise!
    I'll believe it when I see it. :)

But I still won't trust it :-P

hehe

1. Glad to see they did something about the front page. And the wording is actually quite good (although I think it could focus just a little more on it being a "team" rather than a "solo" game). But it's definitely a big step in the right direction.

2. Glad to see they also included a link to wiki on the front page, however, it would be nice if it was just a little bit more visible?

3. Glad to see they fixed the sit/VM bugs. That was quite an important one.

4. Glad to see they fixed reservations and clarified invitations. However, was part of the reservation fix done so that there will not be a reservation issued when a province defects?

5. Not glad to see they did not put a link to the forums on the front page, which is even more important now that we are no longer in the browser game community page (any eta on a fix for putting us back where we rightly deserve to be?)

So, see, Bishop? I'm not always negative... and I DO give credit where credit is due... always...

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    for next age you will be able to sign up, and we can expect some (i have no idea how many) bug fixes, like ambush being fixed this time, for real, promise!
    however, i won't hold my breath on this one... given their history. I hope they surprise us and really do it... and do it right...
    Last edited by Luth; 12-05-2010 at 01:17.
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

I do agree with Luth on her 5th point. It needs a link to these forums at the front of it. Hopefully that gets added fairly quickly as well.

Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    imo bbq
    wtf omg imho
    ∙ Shadowlight ∙ A Mothers Advice ∙ Force ∙ Pansies .

Kingdom Crown Winner with Pansies, Brute Force, Sonata, Dreams
    Province Crown Winner with Brute Force

∙ Brute Force ∙ Playboys ∙. Sonata ∙ Dreams ∙ Retired .

Thread Information