Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: Age 47 Changes - comments

This is all very dramatic, but everyone and their mother knows that OMAC will fail at implementing these changes, so we'll be relying on 100% accurate SoM's, anyway.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

agreed...
    Utopia: a "Mess"ive multiplayer strategy game since Mehul sold it

Wink

After thinking really hard about this post and swallowing it all in a matter of one night and being im not one to post in a forum since, well the Undead were removed due to whatever they thought, easy mode, unplayable or whichever, it left me in a gripe for awhile being that never really played any other race but oh well chit happens, give it an age and then ask me......

I Have To Say I Agree With Alot Of The Other Players Removing CB & CE completely from mages and puts it all into the thieves hands, is BAD but i see the Devs point it Makes the game more interesting expecially for the new people which is gonna be this games foundation when everyone else leaves (which i Pray Dont Happen) well people lacking some of the mathematical skills are gonna realize "heh i dont need to know math to play this mathematical equation haha yay, imma send thieves out to kill all the mages and attack those mages that are either super or hybrids... which leaves us mages at a disadvantage, less ops and ok i read way earlier that we mages were called lazy ect... ok that i definitely dont agree with because and this is being a Undead M/A, to now a DE M/A... Some ways we DE are just like UD... but when it came down to it reliable mages like myself gathered cbs on the enemy kd made our attacks well thieves ruined a KDs economy, we Mages made it harder with sending aid and peasentry ect... welll thieves just plain robbed them blind then came our land grabs, but it was all as we need cooperation Between our KD and everyone on the right page you are only as strong as your weakest link and it can effect this game, however we look at it....

Now The Devs Point of View- making Ops more dependant on thieves makes yes less chance for thieves to be succesful but still gather intel for the rest of the KD... THERE IS NO I IN TEAM... and yes most of us may not enjoy intel gathering but it definitely keeps us active, and cripples a thief in a way but not by much and its not even a cripple just means chaining will be very effective this Age and COOPERATION= a very interesting age

Mages- disadvantages are we have really know way gathering intel according to hybrids or super mages but heh now Guess WHAT we cant Be Lazy As Much As some Consider our job is to keep Magic Chaining and keeping those ops the MS and Greed, Drought or whatever we choose to use on an enemy KD at all times, and now having to gather less intel means heh we will be more appreciated as long as the thieves hold out the bargain,

So Now as I See It We No Longer Have A Rock, Paper, Scissors Effect any Longer= which means enjoyable in some remorse twisted way, so while yall stealing from each other ill make sure to have WT's and keep all them lovely durations on you and Myself .

this is what we can do to make the age interesting only after trying it will WE KNOW if this was a waste

-Slainte-

-Frozen Graveyards- Retirement,-UD..... Ill Always Be The Evil Sorceror Locked In My Tower Looking At New Ways To Cripple and Drive My Enemy Insane Even If I DOnt have The Luxury of Feeding Him To My Ghastly Pets No More....

Enthusiast
    that's a stupid DE talking, you have ToG. how much time you spend in real wars in one age ?
    what are wizzards good for outside war now ? random storms ?

Ok So I Have ToG, and the Times Im Around I Tend To Be More Active Then Most Referring to Me as A Stupid DE is false i WIll Always Be Forever a retired Undead, But simply Stating Thats a Stupid DE talking Why Because I Enjoy Wars, and I dont Enjoy Being Outside of One Yes Im A Mage yes i Have ToG its become quite useless and unlike some im not here to turtle i enjoy the wars end of story, and just because we are not as effective anymore as we used to be doesnt mean we at any means are stupid, thats like saying a human, halfing, dwarf, avian or even elf is stupid because its the races some dedicated players have a set race like my self but ive always adapted, and wizards aint much outside war but they are at home in war Next time you get spells opted on ya remember Thats Just A Stupid DE... ^_^

-Frozen Graveyards- Retirement,-UD..... Ill Always Be The Evil Sorceror Locked In My Tower Looking At New Ways To Cripple and Drive My Enemy Insane Even If I DOnt have The Luxury of Feeding Him To My Ghastly Pets No More....
    Last edited by Lord_Cryptic; 26-05-2010 at 13:45.

haha noob because what i havent posted in any of these forums since they took the undead away, Sorry I aint got much to gripe about and besides even if this is all gonna be epic chaos, they arent changing it as of now so mind as well make the best at it

you can disregard that comment Lord_Cryptic, please do not feel that you cannot express your opinion.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Enthusiast
    Bishop, this is the sort of thing that makes the difference between what race you get stuck with for 3 months. Bug or not it should have been said much earlier.

If Nightmares was the only reason you chose DE then i am sure there is a problem with it. If it isnt the only reason to choose DE then why are you complaining?

everyone should take heed - if you are relying on a bugged mechanic don't be shocked if it gets fixed. you have been warned.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Enthusiast
    It is the only reason to chose de if you are warring and yes that is a problem but its certainly not one the devs seem willing to do anything about.

Also, the only thing I see in the bugs thread regarding NM is #
    # Nightmare (NM) - troops are returning in equal amounts every hour instead of further along down the road in one lump amount like the old code.

So how are we to know the spell was not working as intended last age exactly?. More notice that it was being changed should have been given. I don't see why you are even bothering to argue against that.

it wasn't working last age either, i remember cos i had to read all the bug threads on it.

I got banned for calling a n00b by name in this thread.
    Does this mean I can report anyone who calls me a n00b, and they'll get banned for a day, too? If so, you've got a lot of work ahead of you, judge.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

you can get banned for flaming and personal attacks, yes. Luckily its not just me that has to do all the work though, Thundergore is more than happy to enforce the forum rules.

Age of multi gnomes to gather intel outside of wars for provs in war. It's going to happen. And no, you wont be able to stop it.

Thread Information