Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Age 47 Changes - comments

Valid points so far, this change will fail to make thiefs stronger, quite the opposite:

- more stealth on intel, less stealth left for NS
    - forcing everyone to run higher TPA will only make dedicated thiefs less succesfull

I personally have nothing against adding another "thief race", however i dont see how is thief weak? Thiefs might have their stealth unused most of the time, but in time of war thiefs are very useful. Thats why A/t is such a popular choice...There is nothing more destructive than NM/NS combined chaining, you can x4 your chain target and still keep high DPA...i don't know where the idea of thief not being important came from.

If you want to make thief more powerful upgrade the ops specific to rogue, or make NS rogue only like MS is for mystic. Or just leave them as they r for all i care, i just don't see how this change will serve the purpose of increasing the importance of thievery...Changes like this would make dedicated thief role unfeasible in a kd as the fail rate will increase significantly.

I would rather like to see some changes that encourage diversity, in both race/class and strategy rather than making everyone more the same that they already are.

CB/CE stripped from magic users and given to rouges. You have got to be kidding me! Talk about a coffin tail in the hope for a balanced age!

How are non thief players going to gather their own intel? A/M's often run lower tpa to allow for higher wpa. Good bye A/M I guess now every one lets run A/T' Halfers becuase you know thats the plan for the new age. *shakes head*

Why is the simple concepts of balance and varity so lost on ppl?
    DEUS SIVE NATURA

An effort will be made to ensure that Crystal Ball and Crystal Eye are not significantly more difficult to successfully obtain than previously.
    why is everyone ignoring this?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Enthusiast
    Why do they ignore everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Because they've made "all effort" to make the game work too. No offence intended to the devs but I don't think a promise that they'll "try" carries much weight.
    You see, there's two kinds of people in this world, my friend. Those with loaded guns... and those who dig.
    You dig.

Quote Originally Posted by lichemaster View Post
    Why do they ignore everyone?
    +1!
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein

Post Fiend
    This is a GREAT change that will make the game far more balanced, and make more sense.

Suggestions for names... (sorry if these have been mentioned, I didn't read the thread)

Crystal Eye: Scouting. (or just Scout)
    Crystal Ball: Observation. or ... "Go Undercover"

Development Team
    This change will be happening. CB is now Spy on Throne. CE is now Snatch News. Keep your suggestions and concerns coming, I am reading them. The more balanced your suggestion, the more likely it is to be taken seriously. It's 23:30 now, and I'm going home. Thanks for the support.

Post Fiend
    Another suggestion: all successful ops should contain the the provinces name in the success message. Thanks!

Can you please answer our questions about the reasoning behind this change? There have been many responses in this thread detailing potential problems with your change - stealth as a limiting factor, dearth of strategic choice as a result of being forced to train high tpa, the possibility to easily deny intel, etc. A response to these concerns would go a long way towards bringing the community on board with these changes.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_ View Post
    This change will be happening. CB is now Spy on Throne. CE is now Snatch News. Keep your suggestions and concerns coming, I am reading them. The more balanced your suggestion, the more likely it is to be taken seriously. It's 23:30 now, and I'm going home. Thanks for the support.
    we arent supporting you, you stupid noob. fix the profanity reomved game, dont make it worse
    Last edited by Mickster; 17-05-2010 at 22:56. Reason: Potty Mouth

Stop being a wonderful person and listen to community at least once in your life. It is terrible suggestion and will just make T >>> M. atm THIEVERY is stronger, not magic! Only reason M might be stronger is cos of your WT bug. This change just destroys game even more! Add randomness to it and I can say gg to this game, even tho it has been said a while ago.

P.S. Mods, decide wtf u want from me. I make my thread, you lock it with reason "give comments in here". I comment in here and you delete my post. My coment was as serious as this suggestion which I consider the worst by far in 3-4 years I am playing this game.
    Last edited by Mickster; 17-05-2010 at 22:57. Reason: Potty mouth, rude comments.
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Enthusiast
    Glad to see you're listening...

So it's set in stone then...

Sigh...

Post Fiend
    Sorry, not trying to repeat anything that was said.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    ^[that they'll try to make them just as easy to obtain]

We're not. If 1 op is going to take 3 stealth and be 50% successful with a slightly lower tpa, then it's giving the negative effect we're all talking about.

As for people saying to not assume the whole server will run high tpa..
    I think that's a reasonable assumption. Are you going to run low TPA? In war, you'll waste -all- of your stealth trying to get some intel, if you can get it at all, on a kingdom that is running a high tpa- which, by reading this thread, there are bound to be tons. They'll have a very easy time getting it on you and have lots of stealth left for easy offensive ops. It's going to be simply impossible to survive without at least a relatively high tpa- and if you want to attack at all, so long to mystic ops.

With that same regard, you could argue that they're wasting a lot of their stealth on intel, and you have high wpa and full mana, but then you also can't attack well b/c you can't get intel. Key to next age -> absolutely perfecting wpa and tpa ratios. This will probably put a HUGE role on sages, since such easy boosts from sci.

Honestly, this is going to make the role of ops a very minute detail to the game now. Running good wpa will be impractical, and most of stealth will go towards intel. Agree?

Server full of Halfling/Sage. Who's in?! I think that's what they're going for.
    Last edited by Sean1; 17-05-2010 at 22:56.

CB: Reconnaissance
    CE: UAV

Thread Information