View Poll Results: What do you think of CB and CE now becoming a thievery op?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • This is a good change.

21 15.44%
  • This is a bad change.

115 84.56%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Changing CB to be a thievery op

Poll: Changing CB to be a thievery op

Good or bad?

Post Fiend
    I voted bad not just b/c I'm a conservative with this stuff, but because that leaves mage with no intel. We're going to see a lot of kingdoms pure a/t this age, I think. If halfling or gnome get the changes they need to be decent a/t's, I'm prepared for a full server of them.

expose thieves. Now what will the a/t do?

i don't think i'll bother voting since i do not know yet how hard/easy CB will be and how much stealth it will use
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

3 voted for "This is a good change".

Sean, Brian and Thundergore?
    You see, there's two kinds of people in this world, my friend. Those with loaded guns... and those who dig.
    You dig.

Veteran
    I like it, it makes magic so much more useful (no need to waste mana on intel anymore, ToG ftw!!!)

Enthusiast
    This change at best doesn't change anything at all, although you can easily mess it up if you want to. No one asked for it. No one asked for halflings either. Start listening.

Easy answer, terrable change!
    DEUS SIVE NATURA

Regular
    Easiest question to answer ever to date. This is the worst idea that BS has had concerning this game so far.

Enthusiast
    maybe somebody somehow already modifyed the programm, moved CB to thievery and they can't revert this
    as they have no ideea on how that happened ...so all they can do now is give this a name
    and we told sean so many times : let programmer do a programmer's job

Too early to vote

Um, sense when does a thief have a crystal ball at there disposal? Just gay

Post Demon
    @Bishop - what exactly are the numbers on expose thieves? I really like the idea of forcing a war target to hit BLIND when trying to retal. Keep enough ET up along with good WTs and ok tpa... and they can't get intel reliably because they *literally* have no stealth!
    Last edited by Bishop; 18-05-2010 at 15:18.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Ethan, i think its 8% of stealth removed, apparently we don't have exact confirmation.

I guess it all really depends on how they implement this - if CBs and CEs now consume say 1% mana, are are pretty easy (maybe capping the tpa comparison?) then i don't really see much difficulty with it - not sure how exciting a new race with boosted intel-gathering is, but i guess we need to see final race changes to decide.

Your second paragraph isn't allowed btw, PM me if you arent sure why.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Enthusiast
    Bad idea. Giving the option of gaining intel through both magic and thievery would have been ok but giving it exclusively to thievery in order to 'make it more important' is pants-on-head stupid.

It sort of makes more sense that you can steal papers instead of using some cristal eye to look into the recent history of a kingdom, if you wish to nerf the fantasy element a bit to make it more realistic, i guess. Same goes for CB. Then again, this game is played by orcs and what not.
    It really doesn't make much of a difference, yet it is a chance and chance is one of the core elements of this game.
    No reason not to do it.

Thread Information