Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clarification on changes for Thundergore, Sean or Brian

Clarification on changes for Thundergore, Sean or Brian

I'd thought of creating a thread requesting for clarification on the proposed changes. Hopefully either Brian, Sean or Thundergore can shed some light into the uncertainty that many of us have.

1. Spell success: +30% for @Elf

Does this only apply to self spell successes, or does this apply to spell success in general?

2. Spell potency (efficiency & duration): +30% @DEs and Thievery Effectiveness: +40% for @Halflings
    Does efficiency means a bonus on our modified WPA, similar to the Thievery Effectiveness: +40% of Halflings?

3. Espionage Weight: +40% for @Gnome and Sabotage Weight: +40% for @Halflings
    I take it that Thievery Operations are now divided into 2 categories, Espionage and Sabotage. Hence, what does the weights above applies to? Does it applies to the success rate of those operations, or an additional boost of Thievery Effectiveness (increasing the modified TPA) within the subdomain of Espionage and Sabotage respectively?

Please give us some answers to the questions above. If you somehow find it difficult to answer them, an answer in terms of logic flow of the programming behind it would also suffice. Thanks in advance.

Regular
    I want to add:
    What does the Chastity spell do?
    Is it a complete loss of Birth Rate like what happens with Plague? If so then it is a very potent op. If it only lower Birth Rate then meh....

Please clarify these ASAP (I posted here so as not to get "lost" in the comments thread).

#1 should be +30% wpa. No effect on self spells
    #2 means +30% spell strength for both off and def (1300 peasants killed instead of 1000, 13 hour duration instead of 10, 5 acres diced instead of 4) etc. the word efficency is just there to explain it also affects spells that doesn't have a duration.

#3 and Chasity I have no idea.

Regular
    <Removed, Please Delete>

Post Fiend
    Yeah, it would really help if we could find out what chastity does...and about how expensive [runewise] and difficult it will be.

i think spell success is the same thing as the human -25% Chance of Spell Success.
    MEANING u will fail 30% less spells that normal.

here is what my human did for this age:
    Spells Attempted 1825
    Successful Spells 809

i was even failing 6-7 times in a row before casting a damn IA...
    so, considering that my human has 45% success rate cause of the -25% bonus, means a normal attacking province will have 60%... usually , Mages have around 75% success. adding 30% that shall send a A/M to around 85-95% success rate. which is cool.

don't flame me for this numbers, it's just raw data that doesn't take in consideration to may variables like guilds or, WPA for off spells ... enemy WPA and stuff...

Chastity... well... that means they dont "make love" so, the wemens won't gave birth to little bastards unless there is a "artificial insemination" spell or laboratory building... or even self-sabotage OP.
    it might be the strogest spell that ever was invented for this game, and might split the server in 2, (Dwarfs + Fb and 1Gnome) VS (Avians)
    P.S. i hate this upcoming age even more that the last age. we are gonna lose so many players cause of the HYPER-Active KDs that will play avians and will trash OUT the entire server. the NOT SO ACTIVE players in NOT SO ACTIVE KDs will just quit being sick of being humiliated like that without having anything to say...
    Last edited by tedybear; 21-05-2010 at 11:06. Reason: more info

i have clarification, just need to put it in a proper post
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thanks Bishop and Thundergore. Finally, I somehow feel that this game is moving forward slowly. Also, I've noticed that Thundergore corrected his post on the changes a few minutes earlier. Gnomes no longer has a 40% boost in Thievery Effectiveness. The changes makes a lot more sense now. Good job.

A note to Thundergore: When you make edits to your previous posts, please do insert a footnote as to what changes that you make. It's hard to keep track with edits if you change your post multiple times. :)

One more question:

This is an excerpt from the first of Thundergore's post.
    For this coming age, Crystal Ball and Crystall Eye will not be randomized, however in future ages we may tentatively add some small randomization. An effort will be made to ensure that Crystal Ball and Crystal Eye are not significantly more difficult to successfully obtain than previously.
    This is an excerpt from the third of Thundergore's post.
    Q) Will CB be random?
    A) Yes, it definitely will be random, unless you are Gnome

Q) IF CB (SoT) is random, then how random?
    A) It depends on the ratio of thieves you send to the thieves you have.
    Hence, the obvious question is whether CB and CE will be random in this coming Age of Justice?
    Last edited by Doom Scythe; 21-05-2010 at 12:23.

CB (SoT) yes - will ask about CE (SN)
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Post Fiend
    Wow - the 'Chastity' spel is as strong as my hypothetical Swedish Meatballs spel my crack R&D team developed! And it was banned as too cruel!
    Alas, poor Utopia! For 10 years I knew ye well.

Post Fiend
    Q) IF CB (SoT) is random, then how random?
    A) It depends on the ratio of thieves you send to the thieves you have.

How random? Numbers, please. If you're programming the game, you have to have numbers. And you can't hide them from us or you ruin the point of a text-based game.

3-25% randomness, depending on thieves you send - exact ratio is unknown, we will need to spade it ourselves.

CE (SN) will not be random

Post Fiend
    They won't say how many thieves you need? And they have a RANGE for a random factor?? WOW!!!! But i'd really just like to know how many thieves gives you 3% because you can't begin to create a kd strat til you know that

well, 2 gnomes in a KD will solve that problem, but will also mean 2 less attackers :P... good thing they can play mage cause of their UBER spell chance bonus... and this is how the T/M got back into the game...

probably will be used by the NON-Cheating KDs... KDs that prefer wasting a attacker spot in the KD to settle a Gnome instead of using some outside Gnomes to gather info (goddam multyes...).

Thread Information