Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Age 47 approach to cheating - comments

Former Community Manager Thundergore's Avatar

Age 47 approach to cheating - comments

Comments for the cheating announcement can go in this thread.

Keep it clean as always.

Former Community Manager Thundergore's Avatar
    I've been informed of a few concerns about the sharing rule.

Just to clarify - if you inform us of your sharing of IP or computer (within a household) you will be added to our 'whitelist'. You will not be automatically banned for sharing in this way. However interactions between even whitelisted provinces will be scrutinised closely.

Depending on how the age goes we may adjust our approaches to A) how you get onto this list and B) what evidence we need to confirm you're eligible.

If this is all really going to happen, it's welcome. But just kicking out all the bad people won't solve everything. Apart from the changes this age there are still plenty of bugs to be fixed which will be causing people to leave just as much as cheaters will.
    You see, there's two kinds of people in this world, my friend. Those with loaded guns... and those who dig.
    You dig.

nice =)

Post Fiend

Great

Last age my province got deletes, as well my brothers.

Me, my brother, and another kd member all share 1 line, thus we have 1 IP adres. So it means we can't play utopia anymore?

Gorash, see thunders second post
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

the only way for new "super" KDs to arise...

bad bad bad idea...

Post Fiend
    I like :) and I hope that the rules are applied unbiased

I do think that you need to somehow post ingame how to get on that list. When I was 10 y/o and sharing a comp with my brother, I was deleted sooo many times, and I had no idea why. It made me quit the game for several years each time. Those kinds of players aren't going to see that small post in the forum.

So how will this effect logging in from my phone? It was really nice to be able to keep self spells going when I was out.

And the 'white list', how will that be organized as my flat mate wants to play next age and we are both on the same IP.

I also feel that these measures will only go someway to solving the cheating problem and only target the more casual cheater. The so called 'top' KD's will still use remote access programs such as ccproxy to log in from the registered IP of the acct.

Post Fiend
    Good point, velve. What if I want to access game on a different IP? I use at least 3 different ones every week...

It looks like good news. Steps taken towards a better game are allways welcomed.

For the ones who come with the kind of whining posts like "I want access from my phone and I know for sure I won't have, because I can see the future" or "top kingdoms cheat and will allways cheat no matter what, they are stupid and lazy and have no dedication whatsoever, the 3 AM wake up call is just a mith, but they are up there coz they're cheating": I think you're too dumb to realise that Thundergore is here for awhile. At the same time he came, something changed in S&B's attitude. So, I can reasonably assume that THEY ARE ALLREADY TRACKING us for awhile, so the fact that you log in from work or phone every day is recorded, logged, archived, studied allready, thus not much new things could happen to them.
    Utopia has to be saved! Join #strategy!

The darkness that surrounds us cannot hurt us. It's the darkness in our own heart that we should fear!

Enthusiast
    There are multiple IPs that I log in from normally, as well as using wifi from my phone to log in.

Does this mean I'm automatically more likely to be eyeballed as an x-logger?

And what if you want to introduce your roommate to the game? Does this automatically mean you can't play in the same KD?

Just some concerns, all in all I really like that there's a hard crack down on cheaters in the game. Thumbs up guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by freemehul View Post
    you're like some davidian branch.
    TipTripTrap, proud branch davidian since freemehul convinced me to convert.

I apologize profusely in advance for any possible offense that could be caused by perceived sarcasm in this post. Sorry again, please enjoy your stay in this thread. Thank you for your patience.

You mad or just being deliberatly obtuse WolfDGrey?

I've been playing since Age 18 and know a fair bit about how 'top' KD's work.

Did you just get out of bed and type that drivel while still half asleep? There was no 'whine' in my post, just asking straight questions and stating facts.

Post Fiend
    Thank you for your diligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundergore View Post
    However interactions between even whitelisted provinces will be scrutinised closely.
    Can you please clarify this?

We've got kdmates who are friends at the moment who are whitelisted to play at each other's places. Are you saying that they need to be careful about fetching intel for or aiding each other?

Thread Information