Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So how does "SoT" work?

So how does "SoT" work?

Will it be possible to combine two or more of them to get accurate intel? Or combine it with another type of intel? How random will it be?

Without a sure way to calc and with more than a few percentage points random factor, it will just suck massively. No one likes to oversend. And yes, you can argue "it's the same for everyone", but replace the game with pencil and paper battleships and it will still be the same for everyone. It will also be crap.
    You see, there's two kinds of people in this world, my friend. Those with loaded guns... and those who dig.
    You dig.

By "random", I was hoping they meant random success rate.

It will be random results - up to 3% min inaccuracy (same as thief ops in alpha if i remember right) - accuracy depends on the thieves ratio you send
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Regular
    max?

looking now, i have it somewhere (if its still the same)
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

25% is what it used to be

u got to be kidding...

so, if u send all the thiefs u have, u will have BEST results...

meaning, that if a province runs 100 thiefs, if he sends 100 thiefs will get same results as a province sending all their 2tpa (considering it runs 2tpa)

Post Fiend
    basically, you gotta oversend 7.02609% to 29.886031% if you don't want to fail if you took intel from a non-gnome

no, it means that if u manage to get thru with all your 100 thiefs u will have the same info that your mate gets with all his 3000 thiefs. cause the accuracy of the CB depends on the ammount of thiefs u send from your total thiefs.

Post Fiend
    Surely somehow it's going to be a certain % of your thieves, based on tpa ratios?¿

Post Fiend
    So if you only run 1 thief and send 1 thief intel will be accurate ( if you get through ) . But of course you will be pounded by everyone .

Post Demon
    Relative tpa will still determine success percentage so sure you can run 10 thieves and send them all for, I assume, 100% accuracy if you succeed - only problem is you'll probably burn through your entire stealth just to get a chance of succeeding once!

I accidentally sent all my thieves on an SoM this Age on a couple of occasions though - the losses are not pretty when you do that and fail when you know you could have sent just 8!!

Quote Originally Posted by Debauchery View Post
    So if you only run 1 thief and send 1 thief intel will be accurate ( if you get through ) . But of course you will be pounded by everyone .
    exactly

Veteran
    The implementation of inaccuracy is pure genius, i admit, i was mistaken that i thought switching cb/ce to thieve op didn't matter much. Making intel harder and inaccurate will surely increase the enjoyment of the game (ninja's, note the sarcasm). I'm confident that if you try to play your game before adding cool new features you'll get a much better understanding of what changes the players need/want.
    Last edited by Yadda9To5; 21-05-2010 at 20:01.

i play the game, im pretty sure i'll cope fine

Thread Information