Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gnome + Chaistity = Age of Multies...why? Read to find out!

Post Demon
    Yeah, but they would fall into the "against the rules category" in that case!

doesnt storms already sorta do this already? that aside tho, this spell was just brought to my attention, and since I have no vested interest in this game, i dont mind running a 80% guilds prov just to spam this **** on someone for giggles and see ppl whine on forums

no, storms doesn't do this, plague does though.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by pmyraje View Post
    This could be an excellent wy to weed out cheaters. You really think that Gnomes randomly casting Chastity on provs or getting intelligence for another province will just go under the radar? It sounds to me like a good net for the type of talentless cretins who like to cheat to walk right into and advertise themselves nice and clearly as cheaters.

"u can't do anything if the provinces have different IP logins..."

lol, are you really trying to be serious? A cheater is a cheater and the type of blatant cheating proposed in this thread will be like a great red hotspot over the cheaters, irrespective of IPs
    so... u trying to be funny?
    let's say that u report the outside province for helping the guys u will war with.
    what will happen? that province get's deleted... SO WHAT???
    if that province was created for that only purpose, what will be the loss? in 1 week a new province can be created for the same purpose.
    also, a province like that will be so damn STRONG that u might never get any info in your news while he is gathering your info.

the only bad thing for the cheater/multy could be the IP ban meaning he won't be able to recreate a province on that IP. but, if his IP changes each time he connects to the internet? then, he will be as HAPPY as u are for the new changes.

i really don't understand how anyone else that a "cheater" cauld be happy for this kinda things.

the point is. if the things stay this way there will be many Gnomes on the server with the only purpose to gather intel for some MASTER KDs. like it was with the DEs in the past...
    also, if Chastity is available in NORMAL relations it is gonna be worst thing ever...

Quote Originally Posted by pmyraje View Post
    Yeah, but they would fall into the "against the rules category" in that case!
    so, u say that if another LEGAL player on the server just give u the info u need, just cause he is friend or ALLY, that is considered AGAINST THE RULES???

u gotta be really kidding...

stop wasting time in the forums and rush to make a new side-account for your fresh new Intel-Gnome... cause u don't wanna make the province on the same account with your farm/bank/cow or whatever u call it.

P.S. the only thing that will limit the Fake Gnomes is this invitation ONLY province creating. cause it'll be difficult to convince someone to waste a invitation just for some smartass join and create a province for cheating.

KEEP THE PROVINCE CREATION SISTEM THE SAME PLEASE !!!

but, if his IP changes each time he connects to the internet? then, he will be as HAPPY as u are for the new changes. <-- ip pools are not unlimited.

agree that chastity should be uf/hostile only
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Demon
    just before ppl argue about it. the difference between storms and chastity = nature's blessing (and storms doesn't completely kill birth rates)

the idea is largely the same obviously chasity and storms are different, and Im not a noob to not see that. Just wanted to sayits so pointless and stupid. the changes themselves is troll job, and i thought that is a bannable offense :P

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by tedybear View Post
    so, u say that if another LEGAL player on the server just give u the info u need, just cause he is friend or ALLY, that is considered AGAINST THE RULES???

u gotta be really kidding...

stop wasting time in the forums and rush to make a new side-account for your fresh new Intel-Gnome... cause u don't wanna make the province on the same account with your farm/bank/cow or whatever u call it.

P.S. the only thing that will limit the Fake Gnomes is this invitation ONLY province creating. cause it'll be difficult to convince someone to waste a invitation just for some smartass join and create a province for cheating.

KEEP THE PROVINCE CREATION SISTEM THE SAME PLEASE !!!
    It is a kingdom game so why not make it against the rules to get intel from an outside province? I'm not saying actively search out every province that does it and delete them, but stating that it is against the rules then gives plenty of leeway for the devs to delete cases that look more dodgy than just a friend giving someone some one-off intel. To be honest I couldn't care less either way - I get intel myself or from my KD-mates so I couldn't care less if they make outside "friends" illegal to finally start turning it into the kingdom game it is advertised to be. Implicitly making alliances illegal would be no bad thing at all.

If the new cheating system is all it is cracked up to be it shouldn't need people reporting Gnomes. If they choose to log it the devs can see who does intel on provinces and then who attacks so it isn't difficult if you have a system, to flash up when the same Gnome gets intel before the same attacker goes in and makes an attack. It all depends on how rigourous the devs want to be in rooting out the cheaters - whether the onus is still on people to report them or whether their automated system will flash up coincifences of Gnome/Attacker combinations (as in 2 different provinces) striking regularly. I really hope some people are dumb enough to create such Gnome provinces so that they can be deleted and rid the game of them!
    Last edited by pmyraje; 21-05-2010 at 21:37.

Enthusiast
    It's a really really really really really bad idea to not restrict this op available to unfriendly and over.

agree it should be hostile/unfriendly only.

Also, there are ways to combat most other spells... will there be any way to combat Chastity? say the way NB can cure storms? hospitals? if someone keeps chastity on you 24/7, you're toasted.

i think this spell is a really really REALLY bad idea... especially if it's overpowered
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

Post Fiend
    Chastity + Storms combo if you keep it up long enough will kill a provences pessies if it isnt MVed. That is why it is good for inactive killing. But also good for harrrasing others and provence killing in general.

NB can cure plague, it will stop storms and droughts from being successful, but it will not stop them if it is already cast on you.

maybe if L&P is cast it can stop an incoming chastity? same way NB stops storms/droughts? or multiple L&Ps to cure it the way NB cures plague? dunno, just trying to think of ideas because i see it as one of the most destructive spells available

that is going to be SUCH a damaging spell there has to be a way to combat it... you're talking completely taking away the ability to recover during war
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

is chastity no pop growth at all!? or is it diminished pop growth, like storms but more powerful? a bit like drought and vermin combo. There needs to be a NB equivalent, just like for the plague and only available in unfriendly.

a counter to chastity.........................would be a new spell? Let's call it Lust!

Thread Information