Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Illegal immigration

Illegal immigration

Sorry, just needed to let this out...

I have always had a relatively permissive view of illegal immigrants in that for the most part I just thought that these were mostly people desperate to improve their lives. However recently I have come closer to the issue. The illegal immigrants that I know are working or semi-professional people that could have good lives in Mexico or other Latin American countries, but want to live here. I am really annoyed that many claim a "right" to live in the U.S. because much of the U.S. was once a part of Mexico.

the argument that it was once part of mexico is rediculous. They were simply hulks of land before people divided them up into continents.

This pretty much sums it up for my opinion, and it was said over a hundred years ago. BTW - I fully support the Arizona Immigration Law.

Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

This also wraps up my thoughts on being Politically Correct when he stated, "...Americans, and nothing but American..."
    Not African-American............Just American!
    Not Chinese-American............Just American!
    Not Hispanic-American............Just American!
    Not Arab-American.............Just American!
    Get the point ;-)

Did anyone else catch the Double Standards that the Mexican President presented to Congress?! Nothing but Hypocrisy; I about had a heart attack I was laughing so hard.
    Last edited by Saint; 20-05-2010 at 18:57.

those pesky americans that say they are irish. thats annoying. >:|

still, adds to our tourism trade so i guess we'll let them have it.

Lmao, yes even those "Irish" folks (Noticed the "Fighting Mongoose" is it a parody to the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame, because if it is, BRILLIANT. I hate Notre Dame).

And if your country likes to drink (ex: Ireland, Germany, Italy, etc, etc) you're definitely going to attract Americans, I myself for one ;-)
    I think this is the exact reasons why the Middle East has a grudge against everyone else. Muslims can't drink :-\ That would suck to the point I'd blow myself up to.
    (Exclaimer: I do not in any way, shape, or form condone terrorism; and I’m not saying all Muslims are terrorists)

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint View Post
    This pretty much sums it up for my opinion, and it was said over a hundred years ago. BTW - I fully support the Arizona Immigration Law.

Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

This also wraps up my thoughts on being Politically Correct when he stated, "...Americans, and nothing but American..."
    Not African-American............Just American!
    Not Chinese-American............Just American!
    Not Hispanic-American............Just American!
    Not Arab-American.............Just American!
    Get the point ;-)

Did anyone else catch the Double Standards that the Mexican President presented to Congress?! Nothing but Hypocrisy; I about had a heart attack I was laughing so hard.
    But America has always been a country of Immigrants. Always has been always will be. Yet we never 'assimilated' into anything ever. Thats why you had the Jewish communities, the Irish communities, the Scandinavian communities, the African communities, the Hispanic communities etc, etc, etc... Don't know where people get the idea that we all assimilated into "AMERICANS". Hell, even the NATIVE AMERICANS never assimilated.

Should we share a common language? Yes. The world needs to communicate as easily as possible.
    Should tax dollars be spent to benefit an Illegal? No. You can't discourage an illegal act by encouraging them commit an illegal act.
    Should racial profiling be allowed? No. (This is where the Arizona law can possibly be abused) Thought we learned about this back in WW2 with the Japanese American imprisonments and such. Racism starts with someone being suspicious/not trusting of another because of the color of their skin. It's legal racism. Sorry but it is...

Why round them up on the streets? How about a better solution is to go after the EMPLOYERS. It's kinda like the police focusing on rounding up the millions of drug users instead of the thousands of dealers or the hundreds of cartel leaders. It's stupid. A huge waste of Tax dollars and a unnecessary increase in GOVERNMENT SPENDING and GOVERNMENT INTRUSION. Thought the Republicans wanted less government intrusion and smaller government. They are going the opposite direction here.

How about you legalize the drugs and solve a MAJOR part of the boarder problem. Or is the main concern of these anti-drug agencies and task forces is keeping their Jobs? Think of all the tax dollars saved by the shut down and closure of all these tasks forces and agencies. It's like a having a 2nd small Army as far as tax dollars go. It's absolutely ridiculous how much tax dollars are spent on the war on drug and how much tax revenue is lost in the war on drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fates Warning View Post
    Should racial profiling be allowed? No. (This is where the Arizona law can possibly be abused)
    Which Law cannot be abused? Have you read the Arizona Law?

Thought we learned about this back in WW2 with the Japanese American imprisonments and such. Racism starts with someone being suspicious/not trusting of another because of the color of their skin. It's legal racism. Sorry but it is...
    Show me the Law and which part!

Just think if the Illegals could no longer send that 20-30 billion that they make here to Mexico any more what would happen to the Mexico economy? How about we just pass a copy of the Mexican immigration Law? I say the Mexican President has just committed Hypocrisy!

No. You can't discourage an illegal act by encouraging them commit an illegal act.
    Which Law does this? Not the Arizona Law, I have read it. It does not allow racial profiling for the initial stop but the officer must have probable cause for the initial stop. Then it allows officers of the law at all levels to investigate further if a reasonable suspicion is there. Crap, it even tells them to seek federal help if needed.

Why round them up on the streets? How about a better solution is to go after the EMPLOYERS. It's kinda like the police focusing on rounding up the millions of drug users instead of the thousands of dealers or the hundreds of cartel leaders. It's stupid. A huge waste of Tax dollars and a unnecessary increase in GOVERNMENT SPENDING and GOVERNMENT INTRUSION.
    You are painting with a broad brush on this one!

Thought the Republicans wanted less government intrusion and smaller government. They are going the opposite direction here.
    You must have failed to see the difference it the political land scape of lately? Your thinking Libertarians.

How about you legalize the drugs and solve a MAJOR part of the boarder problem. Or is the main concern of these anti-drug agencies and task forces is keeping their Jobs? Think of all the tax dollars saved by the shut down and closure of all these tasks forces and agencies. It's like a having a 2nd small Army as far as tax dollars go. It's absolutely ridiculous how much tax dollars are spent on the war on drug and how much tax revenue is lost in the war on drugs.
    Yep, here we do need to rethink what we have been doing. Still need to go after the dealers but we need a different approach on the users.

But America has always been a country of Immigrants. Always has been always will be. Yet we never 'assimilated' into anything ever. Thats why you had the Jewish communities, the Irish communities, the Scandinavian communities, the African communities, the Hispanic communities etc, etc, etc... Don't know where people get the idea that we all assimilated into "AMERICANS". Hell, even the NATIVE AMERICANS never assimilated.
    Thats a good point actually. Still your either an American or not, never heard of a European African yet! Its one big melting pot! lol Just keep in-mind our society as of right now is not growing but going in the other direction.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._7276824_n.jpg

dude. learn to make 1 post.

EDIT.

Sorry for the spam! lol

Post Fiend
    What I found interesting was that an Los Angeles councilman was attacking Arizona, saying they were going to boycott Arizona, etc....when Los Angeles has a law nearly identical to the one Arizona passed!

Of course, the funniest thing about the whole deal is that Arizona's law mirrors a federal law that has been in existence for about 70 years and only came about when the feds were not enforcing their own laws.

Veteran
    Read what 'Resonable Suspicion' is in the law and then go back and figure out why it can be racial profiling and how it can be abused. Easy enough to answer your own question.

You think any white skinned people are going to be profiled? If it is an immigration law then it needs to be enforced on ALL immigrants. You want to carry all your papers with you 24/7 as well? Just because your not a Mexican doesn't mean your not a illegial immigrant. Otherwise it is a Racisit law if only Mexicans are being looked at.
    Last edited by Fates Warning; 24-05-2010 at 20:13.

Thread Information