Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: There will be too many bouncing around...

There will be too many bouncing around...

with the new CB system too many people will bounce on their attacks. I'm not liking it.

i think there will be more LL's used this age.
    "but that's just me although i have been wrong before"
    life's a ***** cuz if it was a slut it would be easy.

From the game announement section on age changes...

I had said this previously, but it has changed now. Spy on Throne will be randomized in the same manner as other Espionage operations. The amount of randomization is determined by the same formula that has always been used for thievery ops. This means the following:

The amount of randomization is determined the the fraction of your own thieves that you send.
    If you send 50% or more or your thieves you reduce the randomization factor to 3%.
    If you send a small fraction of your thieves (say 1%) you will suffer from about 25% randomization.

Gnomes always get accurate intel (no randomization).
    Snatch News (formerly Crystal Eye) is not randomized - it would require significant work to randomize it.

So in conclusion... read game annoucements... and if you bounce you are the same person who bounces because they forgot to include the 4% random factor previously.

And yes I know about the thief losses etc.. bla bla. It's the same for everyone. And yes I think very little thought went into this change and it's a very bad idea.

But you know how not to bounce with the info given... so do or do not.
    Last edited by Fortune; 25-05-2010 at 20:43.

Yeah it is the same for everyone. But it is the "eye for an eye we are all blind" kind of situation. Does that makes things any better? They might as well decrease defspec defense rates down by "3" for every race; will that be ok?
    Utopia: a "Mess"ive multiplayer strategy game since Mehul sold it

I'm for this change, but it was handled in a stupid fashion.
    Instead of attempting to force the still offensively useless gnome down peoples' throats, they could have made tactican or rogue useful, by making those two produce much more accurate intel.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Well on that one, rather than gnomes rogues should get that %100 accurate intel so that people could choose whatever race they want and pick rogue if they want accurate intel that bad. This kind of change would give people a chance to make a decision, surely picking a forced down personality is way more easier than picking a forced race. I for example never play gnomes no matter what bonus they get. I know many people simply pick according to numbers, I do that too but even there there is a limit and I wont play with a race that which its very name invokes disgust in my mind!
    Utopia: a "Mess"ive multiplayer strategy game since Mehul sold it

No one plays gnome, despite them being a force race this age.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.

I think all the complaints are a little premature since nobody has made any attacks yet. Let's wait and see what actually happens and then comment.
    I expect that people will be more likely to follow hits.

aposai, I disagree. The purpose of rogues should be to do as much damages as possible with sabotage ops. (hybrid)attackers should be able to gather their own intell.

I don't need to leave protection to know that their new features won't work.

Post Demon
    Lazy people will fail lots of attacks. This is no bad thing.

i am working to see if there is a way to minimize the fail and to send minimum off on hits

i will test the SOT as well as soms and if i wont find any way without using alot of thivies i will simply modify my military calc to a higher random factor range (it will also let you chose a diff calc for GNs afc ^^)

i will try todo my best if i will have some free time

Enthusiast
    Everyone will get used to this in 1 or 2 ages. And in the worst case that it doesnt work out, then they can always turn things back. In fact, I hope they will play with it throughout the ages. I hope they continue to do sudden changes.

The only issue that I see with this change is that people are going to run out of Stealth REALLY quick like if all data gathering has to be done through it. Finding targets will take some time and kd co-ordination.

Post Fiend
    Does the 3% random intel stack with the 3%+ random strength on attacks for a maximum random factor of 6%?

Post Demon
    It will be multiplicative and that would be a minimum random factor for the purposes of ensuring success - more like 7.2% I think

Thread Information